New firmware v1.4.4 version for ZIDOO X9S released

Discussion in 'X9S Official Firmware Releases' started by mirror, Apr 18, 2017.

1. dimipapa

dimipapa New Member

disappeared after reset..

2. atony

atony Member

Andydigital
    thanks for the link
    what is this 16.4.13_siga_apk file for----- i dont see any info on this file help feed me on this one

3. Andydigital

Andydigital Member

Apk's are basically zip files or install packages for Android, download the file with chrome on the Zidoo and then when you click on the file it will ask you if you want to install it. The above APK is for ZDMC.

4. atony

atony Member

thanks bro.
    i just wanted to know whats in the apk file --- and the reason for this apk file---- and did not wanted to install it on the X9S without knowing what it is for ??

5. Andydigital

Andydigital Member

If ZDMC is already on your system after upgrading the firmware then you don't need to do anything, if it's not there then you can use that APK to install it. I've no idea why some wouldn't see ZDMC after upgrade but that is why they supply a link for it.

6. atony

atony Member

thanks bro.
    some of these posts are all mixed thru and about everything ====files and infos. are all over the place--- this forum needs organization
    to stop some and all comfusions ----but thanks for your your help.

7. Henry

Henry New Member

ZDMC is now a .zip file. Do I need to unzip it and then apk it? Can't figure out how to install the zip. Or do you just rename .zip to .apk? I have the same version installed butI don't any bluray menus. I only get them from the Media Center outside ZDMC.

8. donny

donny Member

Hi all,I've updated the new version
    there is a problem HDMI IN it crashes after a second of video
    It remains a still image but you hear the sound.What can I do?

9. Theeraphon

Theeraphon Member

In Youtube app, if you choose 4K clip to watch, there is no 4K or 2016p option to choose from. Max resolution in Youtube is 1080p.

10. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

Do not use the hdmi in hack app.uninstall it .you can get a native version in system.

11. soongsl

soongsl New Member

Thanks for the update. Can you advise how to uninstall the hdmi hack app. as I can't seen from app manager.

12. laola

laola Member

I am German so I am used to complain a lot ;-) but with regards to the new firmware I must say you exceeded my expectations. After installing the FW 1.4.4 and THEN making a factory reset I don't have any problem to play any file anymore. So 4k / HDR / Atmos runs or 3D ISO's flawless (means always in the right picture solutions - nor more switching to 1080p while playing a 4k film). Also 720p or 1080p video material. And in addtion (because 4k/50Hz is now implemented) - I also can use LiveTV without any problems. (btw - everything tested under Kodi V17.1 with wrapper - liveTV directly in Kodi). Now the box becomes my daily driver... :)

There are just some minor issues I noticed:
    • German language doesn't work
    • standard audio language is always english for mkv's (works for Bluray iso's)
    • when enabling ethernet and wireless at the same time, Zidoo shows a black sceen every other minute and also the playback (audio) becomes stuttering
    • The auto colour settings and also auto screen resolution settings doesn't seem to work properly - however I set the box to 4k/50Hz /422 and everthins plays fine incl. dynamic refresh rate

Looking forward to get the Kosi V17.1 adjusted to the X9S hardware - this would be awesome :-D

Last edited: Apr 30, 2017
  13. polakis

polakis Member

Please fix the 4K display videos. It changes automatically to 1080p! 4K is broken! Fix it asap please!

14. Vampirete

Vampirete New Member

Hello, I have installed the update and now I can't write in the zidoo's HDD external to throught windows 10. I've changed the Mask for new files to 0777 and Mask for new directories to 0777 but in windows 10 tell me that I haven't permission to write. Before de update I could write without problems.

thanks

15. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

go in openwrt under firmware updates and do a reset ( will wipe openwrt and sett it to default ) redo samba settings, should work after that

16. laola

laola Member

do a factory reset and/or don't use "auto" in display settings. For me the 4k (incl. HDR) is working perfect.

17. polakis

polakis Member

Which resolution should i choose for 4k content? 3840x2160p on 24,25,30,50 or 60hz? I have a samsung led 4k 65ju7000

18. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

Checking it.Thanks.

19. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

@mirror , can you alse see what's up with USB 3.0 port ? The speed is at 2.0, never goes past 30 Mb. and its all over the place jumping from 5 mb to 25 than back to 5 again

20. zero33

zero33 Member

uninstall hdmi in (if you have installed the hack version (v10.0.0, v9.9.9) and it will say "Do you want to replace this app with the factory version? select yes and it will go back to (1.4.2)

Also encounter with the video freeze with the native hdmi in in new 1.4.4 firmware.

In previous 1.2.12, native hdmi in was working ok.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2017