New firmware v1.4.4 version for ZIDOO X9S released

Discussion in 'X9S Official Firmware Releases' started by mirror, Apr 18, 2017.

1. Ayokoya

Ayokoya Member

The longevity of anything depends on the expectations of the owner....My first media player was O'play from ASUS back in 2009, me and my wife have been using his and hers for 7 years until both were obsolete by new generations codecs. I expect the X9S to last similarly if not longer as long as I stay within its capability and not push beyond my requirements, which is not much. So, longevity and satisfaction of a box is how one use it.

monsak.zidoo.x9s likes this.
  2. sem1903

sem1903 New Member

Of course its about how to use my old media player was egreat r160 pro media tank it opens all kind movie except 4k dts ma pass through plays Blu ray and 3d iso my change reason picture quality and Blu ray menus but I don't have them about firmware problems until coming soon firmware release my 7 years old media player still operating cos zidoo have many bugs

3. Ganimedessp

Ganimedessp New Member

Hi!

There it will be a 1.4.2 firmware update for X8 as announced in X9s? I have just bought an X8 and I would like to know if it is going to have the same support as X9s or if I hace to return to sales shop and buy X9s.

Also, how I have to setup X8 to eliminate banding in 4k HDR files?

Thank you...

4. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

Is the same soc. So it will have the same support.

5. Ganimedessp

Ganimedessp New Member

oh, Thank you, HaoSs!!

6. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

it will have to be made for x8, you can't flash x9s firmware on x8, but i don't see more then a week between firmware's

7. EMMANUEL NISCHAL

EMMANUEL NISCHAL New Member

Guys you need to consider x9 users too. This is totally not fair leaving the x9 users behind and you dont even bother to reply if you ever have a new OS update for us.

8. Ayokoya

Ayokoya Member

The X9 was launched in late summer of 2014, last firmware was Dec 2015. Even though Zidoo doesn't say it out right, but one should expect all good things must come to an end. If the X9S gets similar longevity support, I would be pretty pleasantly amazed. Even though the next expected FW is 1.4.2, except for the Anywhere 2 mouse issue, I am happy with 1.2.9 that met my requirements, and can live with it till the box goes kaput! I am willing to try 1.4.2 to see if the bluetooth mouse issue is fixed, but hoping that I can fall back to 1.2.9 if that doesn't pan out.

9. olisun

olisun Member

That's just over a year of support.

If boxes were supported for only a year with bugs still pending to be fixed then I am not sure how it can be classified as a complete product.

My Gigablue Quad HD receiver brought in July 2013 is still getting updates.

10. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

It is not so much the box which determines the support life-cycle but mainly the SOC (System On a Chip) being used. If the SOC is being replaced all support goes to the next generation and typically no SDK's (software development Kits) come from the SOC maker anymore. Here X10, X9S and X8 all share the same RTD1295 SOC but X9 uses an earlier generation.

Maybe some smaller fixes may still come for it, but development very likely ended. A SOC typically lives several years unless it is not very successful like happened with the X9.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2017
    HaoSs likes this.
  11. DaMacFunkin

DaMacFunkin Active Member

And that is because that was their top box, now their 4K receivers are out watch the Quad HD drop of the radar.

12. olisun

olisun Member

Doesn't matter as it's almost 4yrs of support, which is way better than some of the other manufacturers out there.

13. Ayokoya

Ayokoya Member

The Gigablue Quad HD Receiver sure is a jack of all trade box, from satellite input to eSATA support. I am just humble simple $149 media box user can't justify the Gigablue that costs 289€. If I chose a box that is somewhat above other simple low cost box, then I should expect a certain support level above those, but I shouldn't expect support like 10 years from XP or Win 7 just on $150 software itself.

People may not agree with my philosophy, which is you get what you paid for, don't set your expectation too high, and there is always a chance that I may get a defective one among the highly refined products, and products will eventually become obsolete in a relatively short amount of time, thats why I cannot justify an expensive box knowing that they will be replaced rather quickly with outstanding bugs, and the new ones will come with a new can of worms to start all over again.

14. cindylee7689

cindylee7689 New Member

thanks for the good work! can't wait for it

FAV LINK:

Why is it hard for English to be weak? Especially the spoken part, you can not freely organize the language, but to pondering in my mind for a long time, and finally to say a grammatical error in English

sentences.
    Why is it hard for English to be Monkey Tree Review weak? Especially the spoken part, you can not freely organize the language, but to pondering in my mind for a long time, and finally to say a grammatical error in English sentences.

Last edited: May 31, 2017
  15. xxxxx

xxxxx Member

Good work! I'd like in a future firmware the possibility to have, in the native player, a pop up on the screen to synchronize subtitles while movie play. Like in MX player.
    what do you think about?

16. johnnyrgxg

johnnyrgxg New Member

非常感谢,等待中…

17. sem1903

sem1903 New Member

everyday i look this topic no good news still about firmware release i will look week after week :)

18. Theeraphon

Theeraphon Member

Roc He stated in his facebook page "Zidoo Worldwide" that the new firmware will be released today and it will be 1.4.4 instead of 1.4.2.

19. gaki

gaki Member

Hope so, it's already late in China ...

20. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

Work should have ended there already.