X9S New firmware v1.2.6 for ZIDOO X9S release

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by mirror, Oct 26, 2016.

1. wolfrick

wolfrick Member

well... on 1.2.4 it worked well, however i cannot check it anymore...
    But what is more important, all problematic files (playable at 1080 but not 2160, Exodus included) are played well by the tv from an usb stick. I must think that either my settings or the firmware must be responsible for that.

2. Sarco

Sarco Active Member Beta test group

You can roll back to 1.2.3 with .bin flash explain in topic HOW TO FLASH ZIDOO X9S UNIT and upgrade after via local OTA.

3. DaMacFunkin

DaMacFunkin Active Member

The HDR sample played fine for me, except when it had finished playing the box would not tell the TV to exit HDR mode, i had to power cycle the TV...
    The skewed video thing, change your video output to 3840x2160@60hz, power cycle the box, (important for Android boxes and resolution change).
    When the box has power cycled, either set the resolution back to 3840x2160@24hz and turn the force 24hz off in 4:4:4... or...
    leave the box set to 3840x2160@60hz, turn on force 24hz and switch to 4:2:2.
    Let me know how it goes.

4. wolfrick

wolfrick Member

I tried all the settings, without luck.... after that i reset the box to factory settings, and voila... it works... it doesnt exit the hdr mode, but still ok.
    The HDR switch has some issues, since it enters hdr mode even when the hdr is switched off... now i will try to find out what was the difference between my previous and current setup...
    thanx anyway, it helped a lot, knowing that it works, and the problem might be with my setup

5. kayama728

kayama728 Member Beta test group

Hi Freeroc, if you want i'm available to test it before you release...

6. freeroc

freeroc Active Member

OK, that will be nice. email to me hepeng@zidoo.tv then let's keep in touch.

7. James Brooke

James Brooke New Member

Will the new firmware V1.2.6 for Zidoo X9S work for the X8 ?

8. freeroc

freeroc Active Member

It's not universal for X8.

9. kayama728

Hi F

i did it
    :)

10. agmarco

agmarco Member

I think some people are curious Kayama728. Was it your first time ;-) , or..... did you install the X9S firmware on the X8?

11. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

You suggest cross-flashing here indeed! Unless verified by Zidoo this always remains dangerous even with very similar players. I have seen quite a few bad results.
    The most important thing to be sure is that the boot loaders are identical. You can test it by using the RESTORE button procedure to get back to the original X8 FW.
    If this does not work properly then bricking the box when it ever hangs for whatever reason is not a risk but the most likely thing to happen.

If this does not work anymore then a regular upgrade with the original X8 code is highly recommended (=Roll Back). Failure for the boot-loader to work can be due to e.g. The RESTORE Switch being pressed not being detected or a model check being done to validate the FW image type by the boot-loader.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2016
  12. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

there is a specific FW for the X8, i have it since the last week and it is weird that it is not yet available on their website ?

13. kayama728

i sent email to freeroc, not x8

14. Nadim Alam

Nadim Alam New Member

Hey guys,

Is there a fix coming for the external subtitles in the Zidoo Video Player? Any idea when it will be? At the moment the subtitle font is terrible and the characters are sometime overlapping each other.