New firmware v1.2.11 for ZIDOO X9S released

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by mirror, Jan 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Milen Ivanov

Milen Ivanov New Member

Thanks nikos a. I not want to use hdmi board on my receiver, be cause he is old and have loss in quality. In my previous player i not have any problems with audio via coaxial line. In audio menu on old player i can see and play all audio streams correctly. This player not display properly - for example - concert have 2 audio streams - one is dolby digital 5.1 and other is pcm 2 channels - zidoo display - dd 6 channels 48khz and dd 6 channels 48khz.....some times all is fine, but cant understand why...not many time to test.....its hard to explain - my English is not good... Ok - will check for same problems via hdmi tonight. Nice evening !

2. Milen Ivanov

Milen Ivanov New Member

Ok, via hdmi audio in receiver is fine, but when one audio is pcm 2 channels and pcm 5.1 channels player display pcm 2 channels and pcm 2 channels. Same concert via optical - only 2 channels come in to receiver on both streams i.e. cant stream pcm 5.1 channels via optical. And cant stream 7.1 audio to 5.1 via optical like my old player - just 2 channels. For now - will test more later....

3. nikos_a

nikos_a Active Member

This is what I said. It is IMPOSSIBLE to stream PCM 5.1 through optical. In the past when I tested with optical, it only gives you 2.0 no matter if the file's audio is 5.1 or 7.1. It is limitation of the optical cable when streaming PCM audio.

4. Sarco

Sarco Active Member Beta test group

Did you activate raw output from s/pdif in sound settings?

5. Milen Ivanov

Milen Ivanov New Member

OK PCM 5.1 is very rare audio stream in my audio video collection - 1 on 50 maybe.... and i dont care, but this player cant see properly audio streams in many cases.... If you try my old player you understand me....

6. saji

saji New Member

I have tested all the HD audio sample from Kodi official sample wifi and all works fine on this player

Which file doesn't work for you

http://kodi.wiki/view/Samples

7. nikos_a

nikos_a Active Member

Sarco, this is what Milen should do. I just mentioned my tests in the past, when I used optical cables after reading many articles about RAW vs PCM. I know that only with RAW he will have multichannel sound. It is a matter of settings in his x9s, not a limitation of the box.

8. polakis

polakis Member

How can i transfer files from/to pc via network?

9. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

transfer them where ? external HDD ? Setup samba in openwrt

10. polakis

polakis Member

Transfer files from pc to an external usb drive on zidoo

11. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

12. 353599

353599 New Member

v1.2.11 srt still have problems
    1.the 2nd or 3rd subtitle is disappear ,does not show
    2.some subtitle does not come out immediately ,or show the bottom at first then the whole after 0.1 second.this make the subtitle a little 'delay'

13. Cosmi

Cosmi Member

Try to reset the unit to default settings, for me it work!

14. olisun

olisun Member

Yes if you have more than one external subtitle file the the player gets confused.

15. PacoRabanne

PacoRabanne Well-Known Member Beta test group

My report on 1.2.11 FW.
    I saw some issues:
    1. already reported, Amazon Prime Video (app) don't play video at all. Runs, register my account, show my video status, but when choosing video to play, after a short "rotating circle", it retuns on the video choosing page. And on android I've not found any alternative way to play, tested many browser, but seems no one support HTML5, or asks for Silverlight in the best case.
      Any advice?
    2. Media Center almost once for a day, after a while during a video play freezes for a time undefined (from some seconds up to too long to wait), then recover playing, maybe in the same point, maybe a little later in the video.
      To clarify more, this happens with AVI, MP4 or MKV videos, h264 encoded, with any, even SD resolution. Seem unrelated to video type and format.
      Usually this happens only once (a day). I always power off my X9S after last use before going sleep...

Any (other) advice?
    TIA!

Last edited: Jan 27, 2017
  16. dellenuvole

dellenuvole New Member

I confirm the second point of PacoRabanne.
    It also happens to me while I watch a movie freezes for a time undefined.
    Exactly with movie encoded in H265

17. Amrdiadora

Amrdiadora New Member

Hi
    Because of SRT encoding problem in ZDMC , i need to downgrade to old version but i am not able to do that, removing new version and installing old one did not work , also factory reset does not help , still have the new version !..

18. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

it may be firmware related. so flashing a older firmware may fix it

19. saji

saji New Member

You mean ZDMC?

Just Uninstall ZDMC and install any of its apk,,,old or new doesnt matter....any version will get installed

20. kayama728

kayama728 Member Beta test group

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.