New firmware v1.0.39 version for ZIDOO H6 Pro release

Discussion in 'H6 Pro Official Firmware Releases' started by mirror, Jan 24, 2019.

1. vitocorl

vitocorl Member

I have setup Kodi 18 with the Netflix plugin and i have 5.1 audio out in H6 Pro.

2. Petar Zencovich

Petar Zencovich New Member

Hi Vitocorl,
    I did install Netflix on Kodi 18 as well, but the content is not ALL 1080p...I get alot of content in 1080p, but lots in 720p or SD...looks like you can't get everything you want with this box!

3. vitocorl

vitocorl Member

Well, you know that Netflix has restricted HD playback to only certified devices and zidoo is not one of them...

4. Petar Zencovich

I know...I know...like I said, you can't have it all with this box...If you use the stock Netflix app for H6, you get 1080p with 2ch. PCM...and with the plugin you get 5.1 but SD quality most of the time...:/

5. vitocorl

vitocorl Member

So you have managed to install and start Netflix stock app in H6, because it has stopped working for more than a month now, Netflix has blocked all Android TV Boxed without certification, only Xiaomi Mibox and Nvidia Shield are working. How did you do that? And you are also getting 1080p!!!! For all i know, only the handheld Netflix app works in Zidoo H6 Pro and this only gives 480p output...
    Please elaborate on how you did that, it will help many people, if yoy have managed this....

6. Petar Zencovich

The stock Netflix app does give 1080p without DD+. However, it's not the Android TV app version, just the tab app. I'll get the version tonight and post it on the site.

7. Petar Zencovich

Hi Vito...You have to install the Netflix app version 4.16.1 build 200147. It will give you 1080p. However, only 2 ch pcm...Enjoy! I was thinking...do you have the UHD subscription?

8. vitocorl

vitocorl Member

I have this Netflix app installed from day one since Netflix blocked the other apps.
    I do not want to be the bringer of bad news, but this app is the one meant for mobiles and only gives you 520p or 480p, it does not provide 1080p, since Netflix has restricted HD and UHD on Zidoo and all other Android boxes... That is why this is the only app working in zidoo...it only allows SD streams to play...

9. Petar Zencovich

Vito...since v.1.011 the H6 has enabled Netflix in HD...it supports DRM level 1, it can't do 4K, but it does without any problems 1080P! Just go to the link bellow and see it for yourself.

http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?threads/new-firmware-v1-0-11-version-for-zidoo-h6-pro-released.6185/

New firmware v1.0.11 version for ZIDOO H6 Pro released

10. vitocorl

vitocorl Member

Petar, this firmware was indroduced in 2017 and it was indeed working fine until last month, when Netflix blocked every Android box in the market (except Xiaomi Mibox and Nvidia Shield) from HD and ULTRAHD playback. Look, i am not trying to convince or argue with you, i am just presenting the facts here:
    No other Android box than Xiaomi MiBox and Nvidia Shield can play Netflix in HD, its no use trying, The Netflix app checks the hardware and then restricts playback to SD.

Its no use arguing with me about that issue, it is known to the entire Internet, you can search Google and visit every forum dealing with Android Tv Boxes to see for yourself...

Netflix considers these Streaming Media Players to be only ones certified to play Netflix HD video:

11. Petar Zencovich

Dear Vito, listen, we wont go on like this. What I'm telling you is FACT. With the Netflix app version 4.16.1 build 200147 and the 1.0.39 Zidoo version, when I open the app and browse for movies, there's the HD logo for every movie. SD is not HD btw. In addition to this, I can assure you without any doubt, I can clearly make the difference between 480p, SD, 720p and 1080p...and it is 1080p! Would you like me to send you pictures or a video to prove it?

12. vitocorl

vitocorl Member

Petar, its ok, we are just discussing, no need to be aggregated...

If you go into Kodi, Netflix plugin settings and adjust input stream adaptive settings, put in the field of minimum bandwidth the number 8000000 (eight million) and then most of your movies will be 1080p and 5.1 DD+.

Petar Zencovich likes this.
  13. Petar Zencovich

Sorry bro,
    Didn't want to sound that way, if I offended you, I apologise.
    I do think I already tried that with the plugin, but I'll give it a shot again...
    Regards
    PZ

14. sunnyk

sunnyk New Member

Peter is also right.
    the stock netflix included with zidoo was a modified/cracked apk thats why it was working

15. GiovanniO

GiovanniO New Member

Hi,
    do you have some tutorial or instruction on how to install Netflix plugin?
    I have searched in different forums, but all the tutorials found are based on a file from alelec repository that is now offline

16. vitocorl

vitocorl Member

GiovanniO likes this.
  17. panosk7dl

panosk7dl New Member

Hi, I'm still on v1.0.20 and I'm watching Netflix HD. If i upgrade to v1.0.39 i will not be able to watch Netflix HD?

18. Kjell

Kjell New Member

I just updated my H6 pro with v1.0.39 but i still don't get a 2160P or either a 1440P option in the YouTube app, newpipe.. youtube vanced, even Smartyoutube tv gives me a error "unable to instantiate decoder OMX.google.vp9.decoder" if i try streaming 4k content. I guess it has something to do with the VP9 codec.. Is there a fix for this ? Thanks

19. col

col New Member

Hey, using version 39 and the google play issue has just popped up again.. did a reset and update ... so far so good...

20. GoDi

GoDi Member

Total bs, I updated from 28 to this, and now I am getting google play crash all the time- and I NEVER got that with 28 :mad::mad::mad::mad: