New firmware v1.0.36 for ZIDOO X6 release

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X6 Pro' started by mirror, Apr 14, 2016.

1. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

Hi all:
    We release a new firmware v1.0.36 for ZIDOO X6 Pro
    Model: ZIDOO_X6 Pro
    Version:v1.0.36
    ChangeLog:
    1: upgrade the airplay app, it can support ios9.3;
    2: remove the OGYoutube preinstall, if you have installed it, you can uninstall it directly;
    3: improvement the auto poweroff function of 5s countdown;
    4: nativeplayer
    a.fix the force close problem when download the subtitle sometimes;
    b.fix could not reflash the subtitle when download the subtitle;
    c.add then autoframe switch menu;
    d.add the dobly atmos passthrough;
    e.fix the PGS subtitle sync problem;
    5: fix the weather app could not get the data;
    6: add a menu, to close the pop upgrade dialog int he otaupgrade app;
    7: add the deception HDMI app, and you can close the HDMI insert before you use some special app, such as skyonline.
    8: add menu to open the external player in the ZDMC;
    9: fix some special receiver device had freeze problem when passthrough, such as the AVR-X1200;
    10:Shortcut key add Screenshot function
    11:Add USB Audio device switch function,SETTING->[Device]sound&notification->USB audio,default status is enable
    12: Zidoo theater
    a.Optimize the incorrect name identification of individual movies
    b.add moblie control function,just support android mobile in the same network(scan QR)
    If your Current version is v1.0.35,please check OTA online upgrade,If it is another version please download the below update package to install with USB(First in the forum to Gray scale test one week ,if no problem,Then push the OTA online update).

Mediafire mirror:http://www.mediafire.com/download/ejlf5cavuye9xac/20160413_ZIDOO_X6_Pro_v1.0.36_ota.zip
    Amazon mirror:http://ota-cloudfront.zidoo.tv/zidoo_x6/20160413_ZIDOO_X6_Pro_v1.0.36_ota.zip

MD5:93795BA1E2001695D5D380FB54425D16

How to upgrade: http://blog.zidoo.tv/2015/02/how-to-upgrade-the-zidoo-x9-firmware/

Enjoy!

Screenshot_2016-04-14-13-29-16.png

Screenshot_2016-04-14-13-30-44.png

1.png

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

Last edited: Apr 14, 2016
  2. hisound

hisound New Member

Dear team zidoo
    autoframerate why can not work if the video resolution does not match the 1080p?
    any video other than the 1080p output from the frame rate of 60 Hz which leads to micro stuttering.
    This is true for nativeplayer and ZDMC

3. Xoxi Xiola

Xoxi Xiola Member

Please anybody report: is navbar back and is root working (one key root) again?

4. Paulus

Paulus Member

Upgrading right now, but from 1.0.33.
    I'll let you know in few minutes

5. mirror

yes.solved it

6. Paulus

Paulus Member

Everything is working (so far): Interface, Theater, ZDMC ....
    Now, let's start for bug hunting :)

EDIT:
    1st update: still special char issue (è ò ù ...) on Zidoo Theater external subs

7. bovirus

bovirus Member Beta test group

@mirror
    @spring

Could you please add in this firmware (and future firmware) changelog the info about the ZDMC version included with firmware?
    This info is missing from along time.

Could you please ALWAYS integrate in the firmware the latest ZDMC version available for X6?

Example. Firmware 1.0.35.

Is not included in changelog the info that ZDMC included is version 15.2 (old one)
    In the 1.0.35 is not included ZDMC 16.0.2 that it's available from you.
    Why do i need to update ZDMC just after update the firmware?
    The latest ZDMC should be available from fisrt start integrate in the altest firmware.

Thanks.

8. Xoxi Xiola

Xoxi Xiola Member

How to disable framerate switch every time I open video file? This is annoying and I don't want it. Please tell me how to disable this feature. Screen stays black for 2-3 seconds when resolution is changing every time I open video file. This is really annoying!

Also, MXPlayer hw decoder -audio out of sync. Overall, worse than 1.0.34 sorry.

lucagb76 likes this.
  9. neamielu

neamielu Member

After installing 1.0.36 I found NASkit not running. I launched it but the service wasn't started, so it prompted me to reinstall. After reinstall I discovered that all the queue and settings were gone.
    Please fix this somehow or implement a „save settings” option, is not usable this way.

10. mirror

Screenshot_2016-04-08-18-44-07.png

11. warren_wh

warren_wh Active Member Staff Member Zidoo TECH Supporter

Close method for switching the frame rate when playing videos, find the option to shut down after press the Menu button remote control
    Screenshot_2016-04-08-18-44-07.png

12. Smarty

Smarty New Member

Are the updates still going to be releases via OTA update after one week of testing?
    I'm stil on .33 but no OTA updates available??
    .34 and .35 should have been released right?

13. grummel2005

grummel2005 Well-Known Member

could you please make the above picures a little bit smaller - if you show this thread via mobile phone it needs ages to load :(

SMB and NFS functions are not implemented when you use the native player via ZDMC
    how this can be
    who is checking those things before releasing those firmwares?

14. Xoxi Xiola

Xoxi Xiola Member

Please anybody from zidoo can help me? I tried to install ViperFX. Of course I'm rooted but still no success. Viper is unable to install libraries.

Any thougts? @spring ? @mirror ?

15. bigpoppapaul

bigpoppapaul Member

Wondering the same thing.

16. PacoRabanne

PacoRabanne Well-Known Member Beta test group

Do the update manually.

17. Migeye

Migeye Member

Now sometimes playback freezes and sound keeps repeating, have to disconnect the power to get the zidoo working again, also when going to a certain point of a movie picture freezes and sound continues.
    Also sometimes When stopping playback kodi crashes and goes back to the menu of the player.

I only use Kodi btw.

Getting a love/hate relationship with the zidoo and getting on the brink say goodby to it., sorry.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2016
    alitriple likes this.
  18. gridlock

gridlock Member

unfortunately , me too :(....

19. agmarco

agmarco Member

I really appreciate all the effort the Ziddo team puts in this product. But I also have the issue mentioned by Migeye and Gridlock.

20. bigpoppapaul

bigpoppapaul Member

I appreciate the reply, however, that wasn't the question. I realize updates are easily done manually, but I provide these to friends and family members who are not tech savvy in the least and as easy as it may be for you and I, it's a little intimidating to people like that. So I was just wondering whether they would still be doing OTA updates.