New firmware v1.0.33 for ZIDOO X6 release

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X6 Pro' started by grummel2005, Feb 27, 2016.

1. grummel2005

grummel2005 Well-Known Member

due to lack of thread from zidoo i will do it

thx for update but not one of the faults i mentioned and you promised to be fixed "in next firmware" are fixed

when can we count on fixing all the faults???

Anton Bernd likes this.
  2. user59

user59 Member

This was just an update 5mb or so, cant call that new firmware....its just an update.
    Have a good day:D

3. grummel2005

but zidoo is giving us the hint that this week will come a "new firmware"
    have a better day ;)

Anton Bernd likes this.
  4. stefan-ott

stefan-ott Member

is there somewhere like a list of all issues, with prio and status?

5. grummel2005

same idea of question i had too

some weeks ago i did a thread to collect the stuff but some people here "terrorized" this thread so it slept :(

Anton Bernd likes this.
  6. neamielu

neamielu Member

if i'm not wrong, in „the next update” zidoo (@spring actually) promised the naskit , too..

7. PacoRabanne

PacoRabanne Well-Known Member Beta test group

I think "naskit" may be a standalone package, as Zidoo has done for X9.
    I think standalone package is a better way to improve their device, so who don't need this function avoid something like a "bloatware" preinstalled unless they want it.
    The same, from my point of view, for example is Zidoo Theater, if I want it I download it and install.
    Yes, I could uninstall it, but why should I do this every update, if is always included?
    My two cents...

neamielu likes this.
  8. stefan-ott

stefan-ott Member

well i guess they should have a proper bugtracking and changerequest list somewhere public so we can follow.

i mean, i would think they do have somethink like jira internally...
    but it looks a but chaotic in the forum .. and having something public managed by zidoo prob would help a lot.. something like tvheadend.org does
    specially also splitting change requests from bugs..

my two cents...

Last edited: Feb 27, 2016
  9. grummel2005

yes stefan this WOULD be right

but it looks so - correct me when i am wrong - that KODI - öhhhm sorry ZDMC will step bye step go away

due to my luck i have now two x6 devices here (others are with some friends) and can compare ZDMC and "google play KODI" (because on the other one i deinstalled "ZIDOO KODI")

in "google play KODI" i got an update to youtube so it runs again, in ZDMC this is not available, in SPMC which i have parallel installed on both of them the Youtube Update is not there too

what does this mean for future?

every positive changes of KODI has to be implemented by zidoo and how long will they do that?

and will KODI accept this trick with the othe name to ZDMC?

they are heavy working against piracy devices - i say NOT that ZIDOOS devices are one of them - and the rights on KODI are running in future 100% in another way

now you can do your own thoughts - oki?

Last edited: Feb 27, 2016
    Anton Bernd likes this.
  10. fdishy

fdishy Member

Where can I find 1.0.33? Two of my boxes updated yesterday on line to it, but some have not. I wanted to put it on my flash drive to update the others. Do I have to load 1.0.32 first? Some were still at 1.0.27.
    Thank You,
    fdishy

11. fred_A3

fred_A3 New Member

no, for the actual OTA Update -> v1.0.33

you should have v1.0.30 or v1.0.32

12. dlanor123

dlanor123 New Member

Does anyone know the proper procedure for anyone with a rooted system to apply new upgrades ?
    (I've upgraded to 1.0.32, thus losing root, then regained root through the OneKeyRoot tool.)

I assume one needs to unroot the system before the upgrade, and then use the OneKeyRoot tool again afterwards.
    But since that tool does not provide any way to revert the rooting, this has to be done 'manually' somehow.
    Any tips on how to do that would be welcome.

Best regards: dlanor123

Last edited: Feb 28, 2016
  13. PacoRabanne

Mine was 1.0.32 rooted, OTA (online in this case) update was proposed automatically after boot, accepted, done succesfully, and root was and is still active with no problem.
    Lets try!!!

14. dlanor123

dlanor123 New Member

@PacoRabanne:
    Thanks for the tip! As it worked for you, I too will try it.

I've read elsewhere that this upgrade is a very partial one, not really modifying the basic system.
    That may be why it doesn't affect the rooting, despite the warnings about using new OTAs on rooted systems.
    But we may need to be more careful about future updates, in case they modify the system on deeper levels.

Best regards: dlanor123

15. PacoRabanne

I totally understand who needs X6 unrooted, i meand totally unrooted because seems that some (evil) apps detect sistem as rooted even if not.
    And some app, strangely enough that one needed to access some paid services, doesn't runs if device is rooted...

But also I totally uphold who, like me, consider having root access a MUST.
    So I hope Zidoo will found a way to guarantee the same FW updates for both kind of users, the ones who want root access, and the other that want or need their X6 absolutely unrooted.

cyber7 likes this.
  16. grummel2005

why a rooted device is needed?

Anton Bernd and stefan-ott like this.
  17. Luke

Luke New Member

18. cyber7

cyber7 Active Member Beta test group

Paco, it will be better to have a single tool to root/unroot, instead of multiple releases of the same OS...