New firmware v1.0.32 for ZIDOO X6 release

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X6 Pro' started by mirror, Jan 29, 2016.

1. andybux

andybux New Member

Thanks a lot I will try

2. Frank Küper

Frank Küper New Member

Dear Zidoo Team,

was looking for a small media player capable to provide 4K on my TV and to replace my old Apple TV. So after some days of research I found Zitoo. Now I own an X6 Pro and am in general impressed about this little box. It came with v 1.0.29 FW which was doing quite good.
    My plan is to autostart Kodi as I am primarily using the box to stream a little IP-TV, movies, watch pictures and TV Shows cenrally stored on my network storage.
    Anyhow, like others I experience the following (after upgrade to 1.0.32 and also after complete reset):

• Power off removed - this is in deed not working now for Logitech Harmony remote control users, as the box does not switch off anymore...
    • The Android TV HDMI resolution setting is not correctly restored to 4K when leaving Kodi - it remains on the setting of the last viewed film (SD or HD)
    • If I stream 3D video files (e.g. Avatar, Robots), Kodi wrongly sets the video's horizontal apect ratio - the video appears horizontally compressed and looks like 4:3. As soon as I switch off the "Rockchip Codec Acceleration" setting in Kodi, those files display correct. Please note that my TV is not capable of 3D, so I already tried to deactivate different 3D settings in Kodi - no success at all. As soon as Rockchip hardware acceleration is activated, 3D capable files go wrong. This is not happening in the native player...
    The box is connected to the Denon AVR - I already switch off all HDMI based features like Upscaler etc.

Do you have any hint for me?

Thanks for now,
    Frank

3. Rajiv

Rajiv New Member

does this update provide naskit.
    so that i can access external disk on samba share for torrents

4. viliamr

viliamr New Member

sorry for newbie Q but what is the best way to make Kodi autostart with zidoo?

rgds,
    viliam

5. alexpopov78

alexpopov78 New Member

Hi all, is there someone with problem with USB HDD? After the new update 1.0.32 i can't use it.

6. andybux

andybux New Member

Hi, I use an USB HDD but no issue to report about it.

7. dimtris

dimtris Member

8. PacoRabanne

PacoRabanne Well-Known Member Beta test group

Yes.
    enter Apps (on the left on Zidoo home), search Kodi with arrow key and LONG "click" (push OK for a long time on the remote) until a popup windows appears, where you can choose autostart (and also disable it)
    Same for any other app, but is not good for ervery...

Domengo and viliamr like this.
  9. viliamr

viliamr New Member

i knew it was totally newbie question... tnx a lot

rgds

10. PacoRabanne

Not really, there is not a real X6 user manual ...

viliamr likes this.
  11. grummel2005

grummel2005 Well-Known Member

yes me too
    no one had complained about it here - in adroid settings it had been perfect
    when i do a long click - then the device is closing down
    i cannot change it anymore

please do reverse !!!!

12. PacoRabanne

We have to wait at least 2 weeks before Zidoo team return from holidays...

13. Donnijsten

Donnijsten New Member

Hello .please tell me why cant i look at netflix anymore. Because the sound is now totally out of sink ???? After the update ??

14. Antonis L.

Antonis L. New Member

Honestly, I would really love to express my congratulations towards Zidoo team for keep releasing updates for the media player and for retaining prompt support, but -alas- I really can't. You see, since 1.0.27 the smooth playback has been decreasing for me constantly with every new release. I tried 1.0.30 and it was worse than 1.0.27 and now 1.0.32 (which I updated through wifi) seems even worse and quite annoying. Video playback lags, stops for milliseconds, audio disappears all of a sudden for as few seconds and all that regardless if hardware acceleration is on or off.

I said it in the past and I have to repeat it: I would be more than happy if Zidoo X6 Pro could just play a simple .avi or .mkv from my external hard disk without any kind of glitches or playback problems, but still 3-4 months after the initial buy and a dozen updates, Zidoo not only is unable to provide smooth playback (via Kodi), but keeps getting worse. Every update has really been just a "hit and miss" opportunity for the simplest things. Who cares if you can support the rarest of formats or satisfy any jargon and mumbo jumbo fan around here, when still those with the most basic equipment and set remain unpleased, if not frustrated and annoyed?

I have given Zidoo X6 Pro many chances to prove its value (I've paid 200€ in total for bringing to to my country via courier) and I feel quite cheated by the overall performance so far. I never had any kind of playback problem with my 6 years old E-Great media player and I was expecting far more than countless theoretical features, that were never proved in real life conditions. Zidoo seemed too good to be true and I'm afraid that -for me at least- it never became true.

Again, I don't know why you fail where others have done just fine. Why is it so hard to just provide a faultless and non-problematic playback for just the common Joe out here? I really don't ask for much myself...just the obvious!

15. Domengo

Domengo New Member

Can you put this into the FAQ?

16. nakata

nakata Member Beta test group

Do clean installation of 1.0.19 version and then install the last one.

Κανε καθαρη εγκατασταση την 1.0.19 και μετα κατευθειαν την 1.0.32
    btw. εχεις pm

17. jbv

jbv Member

Hi alexpopov78,

Have you plugged the USB HDD into the OTG port?
    I have tested the USB OTG with v1.0.32 connected to a powered-hub.
    I connected 3 x USB HDD's and 4 x USB Flash Drives. The X6pro saw all 7 devices and all worked fine.

18. PacoRabanne

No, should be done by Zidoo forum Admins...

19. PacoRabanne

Follow the advice from Nakata, is a fine suggestion.
    Search for the IMG flashing procedure (you need a A - A USB cable and a PC), that procedure put your device in a real "as it was when it was build" because erase ALL, then do the usual update to latest FW version.
    And, please, don't substitute Zidoo natively installed apps with the Google Play versions, keep it as close as possible as it was configured by Zidoo, and then do all the tests you want/like.
    If, in a "original" configuration, it runs OK, may be that some added apps interfere.
    Else, if you report back the most detail possible of your "test" environment, maybe Zidoo team will be able to reproduce problem and debug it.

If you watch around in this forum, you see that someone had problem, and someone other not in (apparently) similar situations.
    A good idea is to test your environment with a common set of video reference files (some really challenging), there are some very good advice (links to download for) in this this forum, else use the ones reccomended in Kodi forum/wiki.

20. negher

negher Member

Firmware v1.0.32 ok thanks. Kodi updated ?????