RELEASE New firmware v1.0.16 for ZIDOO X1 release

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X1' started by mirror, Jul 29, 2015.

1. Jose Ortiz

Jose Ortiz New Member

1.Fixed the style of navigation bar, changed into hiding the navigation bar manually.

This is breaking fullscreen .. When hidding manually the status bar doesn't hide . please fix this make it like it was before. Is making unusable the x1 for some apps

2. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

Hi,We will change the default status is hide for Navigation Bar,Thanks for your feedback

3. twenti

twenti New Member

For normal operation ustroystva give firmware v1.0.14 img

4. Bluesmanuk

Bluesmanuk Member

Can you elaborate on this more.

I actually prefer to have the navigation bar visible and to be able to hide it manually.

That gives greater flexibility for the user rather than be forced down one road.

So what apps does the manual hiding become problematical in?

Perhaps the best way forward is to add a setting to allow a user to select the default to be on or off.

5. razvanu

razvanu New Member

I like 'autohide' with two options: on or off

6. Jose Ortiz

Jose Ortiz New Member

. Try netflix app with the remote. Play something then try to pause it (you'll have to do it in mouse mode) then you'll see how this how this .16breaks the navigation. Also on almost every app I've downloaded from play, when I manually hide navbar status bar is always there. Can I fix it moddifing the build.prop ? For me the box its unusable like this

7. twenti

twenti New Member

In Kodi when you start menu Blu-ray hangs forever

8. barisg

barisg Member

I download the 1080p ROM from 4th different computer and transfer the file with the 4th different disk to Zidoo X1, it is still the same result as attached. The file cannot be verified by the "Local Update" method.

There should be something wrong with the image. Fail.png

I wonder how the other users managed to installed the corrupted file...When the zipped file is unzipped as .img file the "local update" does not recognize it. Thus, I cannot proceed with 1080p version.

The current .16 version has too many open action items that makes it unusable for the end user. I have listed many of the negative points that find during the test and I belive there is huge update needed to be able to create user friendly ROM.

Suggestions;

1. ZIUI Tile launcher shall be updated and shall be smoother. It can be made something similar to Android TV Launcher. But we cannot even install this app, it is not compatible with Zidoo X1 https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.leanbacklauncher
    2. Remote Control is close to be unusable and drive the user crazy after 3-5 minutes of use. It shall be made smoother, more responsive and the cursor shall be much bigger. When you use this mouse on 40" to 55" SmartTV, it makes you mad.
    3. Man-Machine-Interface shall be better,
    4. Wifi performance shall be upgraded,
    5. Youtube for TV app shall be working properly,
    6. Flipps HD app is not working, not even openning
    7. Netflix, Hulu and a VPN app should be default,
    8. ...I am not sure Zidoo is reading and taking care all these, so until I get response from Zidoo, I will stop sending messages here.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2015
  9. csgabe

csgabe New Member

The img firmware is for installing from the computer via USB cable.

10. barisg

barisg Member

Thank you, I would expect better explanation from the manufacturer. They put the file, did not tell us how to install and just said this is not their main line product. I have been trying and failing since couple of hours in total, since the last 4 days...

Last edited: Aug 3, 2015
  11. Alan.W

Alan.W New Member

Can you add the upgrade to 1080P as OTA Zip?

12. spring

spring Guest

13. razvanu

razvanu New Member

Please verify,i think it's broken: zidoo_x1_h3_v6.0.16_1080p_ota.zip: Unexpected end of archive

Edit: Dw err, now it has low speed: 18,4 KO/s – 500 KO din 337 MB, 5 ore rămase

Edit2: Now it's fine, just downloaded.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2015
  14. Adl

Adl Member

Use eagleget

15. barisg

barisg Member

Here is the review of 1080p kernel;

1. Download link works well and the system can be upgraded via OTA. The advantage is that you do not lose your personal settings and previously installed apps.
    2. Following the launch, the interface lags a bit, as same as in the 720p version of .16
    3. I did not see any visual improvement in the interface or in the icons. It looks the same, the interface has the similar speed at least at Nova.
    4. Here are the comperative Antutu scores. What this the reason behing this drastic change on Zidoo's perpective? From the Antutu score table, it seems like drastic drops (more than %50) are on CPU Integer, RAM Operations and 2D/3D Graphics.
      • 720p-V1.0.15 720p.15.jpg
      • 720p-V1.0.16 720p-v16.jpg
      • 1080p-V1.0.16 1080p-AntutuResult.JPG
    5. Here are the comparative Antutu Video Test scores. Seems like 1080p kernel solved the Partial support problem that is shown here; 720p-Problems.jpg
      • 720p-V1.0.16 720p.16.jpg
      • 1080p-V1.0.16 1080p-AntutuVideoScore.JPG I dont know what happened to the rest of 8 items that were fully supported in 720p version.
    6. 1080p output confirmation here;
      • 1 1080p-Confirmation1.JPG
      • 2 1080p-Confirmation2.JPG
      • 3 1080p-Confirmation3.JPG
    7. Temperature problem still exists. l have even seen 102 degrees Celcius couple of times. 1080p-Temperature.JPG
    8. Syntethic 3D image play is on 2.3 fps (two point three)
    9. These 4K video files played correctly in default TvdPlayer and MX Player, as same as in the 720p version of V1.0.16
    10. Kodi
    11. Official Youtube app on Google Play still shows 720p output. I dont understand why it is still forced to show 720p, maximum Youtube 720p.JPG
    12. ...

Last edited: Aug 4, 2015
  16. spring

spring Guest

Hi:
    The 1080p kerenl is base on v1.0.16,and only change the kernel for OSD size and the launcher speed.The antutu test reach the limit of H3(1.2G 4 core),102 degrees is normal,and it couldn't reach this degrees in other case.

17. Pix80

Pix80 New Member

How do you solve the problem 11.?
    (11. Official Youtube app on Google Play still shows 720p output. I dont understand why it is still forced to show 720p)