New firmvare v2.3.23 Beta version for ZIDOO UHD2000 release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1296)' started by pavlin67, May 5, 2020.

1. pavlin67

pavlin67 Active Member

Model:ZIDOO_UHD2000
    Version:v2.3.23
    Download: http://apidl.zidoo.tv/uhd2000/v2.3.23/ZIDOO_UHD2000_N_v2.3.23_202004301914_ota-package.zip
    MD5 Hash: C187EA0628FA4FA72C0F4D7D8B41634A
    Upgrade method:OTA

System
    1.Fixed the problem of playing local video occasionally stuttering
    2.Optimize online video playback fluency
    4.Spotify PC push machine play function (test)
    5.Roon computer push machine play function (test)

Music.
    1.Fixed an issue where the number of channels is not displayed
    2.FIX Error getting sample rate
    3.Optimize folder scanning
    4.Optimize album Logic
    5.Optimize front panel information display

Player
    1.Fixed the problem that the video name is displayed incorrectly
    2.Fix source output AAC can not adjust the volume of the problem
    3.Optimized subtitle removal
    4.Optimize custom font functionality
    5.After the SRT subtitle is set, the built-in text subtitle position will be changed
    6.Fix Swedish subtitles recognized as Swahili, Romanian tagged as Russian
    7.Add subtitle download shortcut

File manager
    1.Added support for SMB3. 0
    2.Add file filter switch
    3.Optimizing CDRiper features
    4.Fixed an issue where a collection of SACD files would play in a video

Poster wall
    1.Update to poster wall 3.0 new interface
    2.Optimized title recognition for compatibility with " season X.Episode xx " video
    3.Optimize the focus control of the collection list when added to the collection
    4.Fix crash while scanning
    5.Add“move out collection”function to automatically categorize Collection Videos
    6.Optimize videos to add to collection feature
    7.Home on the left side of the column to increase the TV series classification
    8.Added trailer feature in Movie Details interface (can be turned off in Settings)
    9.Optimize the new collection of homologous image display
    10.Fix the problem that Douban match video picture is not clear
    11.When you turn off the priority local image switch, if the movie does not have a poster, it will automatically get the local Image function
    12.Re-match to increase the poster preview function
    13.Solve the NFO analysis of the video into the details of the even now will flash back the problem
    14.Child lock password protection when closed the main interface will no longer show the lock icon
    15.Solving the problem that movies with the same title in different years are matched to the same movie
    16.Add CLEARLOGO function in detail interface
    17.Increase the function of the remote control Pop-up key
    18.Fixed the issue where scanning was always displayed when adding devices
    19.Resolve the problem that the change of poster language does not take effect
    20.Optimized sorting function
    21.Priority search TMDb
    22.Optimized child lock function
    23.Search interface to increase the full keyboard input function
    24.Add Category browse mode
    25.Add custom widget functionality
    26.Add custom categories
    27.Increase the display of the most recent addition forced time in reverse order of viewing records

HDMI IN
    1.Added PIP adjustable position and size function

DLNA
    1.Fixed the problem that the playback ratio of individual videos is not right

Control Center.
    1.Increase the need to authorize the confirmation switch
    2.Increase the phone sleep interface

Shortcut key
    1.Add DAC switch shortcut
    2.Add subtitle download shortcut

Application installer
    1.Optimize web installation
    2.Support mobile phone installation

Phone control
    Andrew.
    1.Optimize connected device management
    2.Add install local app feature
    ios
    1.Add screenshot save phone function
    2.Added the ability to share APP files to the machine

Zidoo Controller v1.6 http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?att...5/&temp_hash=0e6140b4332cb4350ad152bda92bc15f

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 5, 2020
    zarathoestra likes this.
  2. Sampinto89

Sampinto89 Member

:) :) lol Anyone brave enough to try this?

3. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Having no UHD2000 can't test this FW but yes installed the new Zidoo Controller. :)

Needed to uninstall Zidoo Controller first to get the new v1.6.0 working on my Android v6.0.1 phone. Crashed at startup before doing so. :(
    A friend using an Android v8.1.0 based phone reported crashing even after uninstalling the old version. Reported being solved with v1.6.8. Updating Zidoo Controller from v1.6.0 to v1.6.8 went smooth too.:)

At Zidoo Home v1.6.8 is available now this still without changing the update time but with more important the correct version now being indicated.
    https://www.zidoo.tv/Support/release_apk.html
    The filename of the download now also includes the matching version reference. :)
    So no more confusion there which one was downloaded. ;)

About Zidoo Controller v1.6.8 itself:
    - I see the touchpad (now?) is doing something, but it seems only to move fields. It does not provide a true cursor mode which it frankly should do.
    - Next tried to install an APP on Z9S using the phone installed APP's as a source. Tried one which installed correctly. No idea which Phone APP's do show up here to be copied? It seems to be those installed via the Google Store? Looks like an useful add-on.
    - For UHD2000 and X20 Pro there should be an extra option for choosing HDMI or DAC Analog Audio output? Can't check as I don't own one of those models.

Last edited: May 13, 2020
  4. Sampinto89

Sampinto89 Member

I remember reading off hand a while back that you will get better results by reflashing to the original firmware (install img) before upgrading to the latest firmware... Is this a good practice? Or should we just update to the latest from any firmware and then perform a complete reset? I just want to make sure I have been doing this the right way... :)

5. Nice Monkey

Doing an emergency flash literally overwrites the flash storage using the bootloader. There is always some risk associated doing so and it is labeled emergency procedure for good reasons. So don't use it if not needed.

Doing an update via OTA or USB should just work fine. This keeps all settings, data and APP's installed. If some instabilities are found after doing so one may do a factory reset but also that should not be needed normally.

6. Sampinto89

Sampinto89 Member

I noticed some instabilities with the new firmware... Did a reset and still nothing so would it be wise to flash and then update to the newest firmware? Or first go to the previous firmwares and then walk my way up if needed?

7. Nice Monkey

I would be reluctant to go back myself. A new general release won't take too long is my guess.
    You know that installing previous versions is not enabled directly just going back using the emergency ROM image.

Which problems do you experience?

Last edited: May 12, 2020
  8. catorcio

catorcio Member

We're fine, the Changelog kilometre says, we've solved this one, we've solved that one and instead they've got worse.

9. Nice Monkey

I have no opinion without knowing details and/or seeing things myself. It is not uncommon that multiple things are fixed and something(s) are broken.
    Specifically internal Beta's like this one are meant to test exactly that.

If there is nothing on the changelist appealing to you or fixing a nasty bug for you, then I recommend keeping your fingers away. Just wait then for an official OTA update announced on your player.

10. Sampinto89

Sampinto89 Member

Manly audio drop outs which involves a silence of some scenes... I reset it to factory and played the same movie again (Apocalypto, Interstellar, ISO) and didn't experience the same so I will keep experimenting.

So far, it seems like some of the seamless branching issues are still there; it didn't get better... I am having a hard time seeing what was achieved with 2.3.23 over 2.3.10. At least from my point of view... But that's OK! I believe it will be fixed soon.

11. Sampinto89

Sampinto89 Member

Just came back and popped on Apocalypto again and this time no audio drop outs etc at the same scenes. I will keep testing the beta and providing feedback...

12. Sampinto89

Sampinto89 Member

I tried PAUL bluray ISO rip and there is an audio silence every now and then... The audio is also slightly out of sync with the video.

At this point, I can confirm that there is:

1. Audio silence/drop out
    2. Lip-sync issues
    3. The pic quality is inferior to the previous firmware (it's not good).

Those are the flaws I have noticed with this beta when playing ISO bluray rips that played fine on firmware 2.3.10.

13. Nice Monkey

Looks like based on FW 2.3.17 which had these things too? Was a further attempt to deal with seamless branching. Worked for Pixar animations but made things worse for others.

Updated the information about Zidoo Controller (reply #3). Somebody must have been reading here. :)

14. Sampinto89

Sampinto89 Member

Yes, it's basically like the previous beta... I think Zidoo is listening which is a good thing.