New firmvare v2.3.17 Beta version for ZIDOO UHD2000 release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1296)' started by pavlin67, Mar 4, 2020.

1. pavlin67

pavlin67 Active Member

2. Miguel Ramos

Miguel Ramos Active Member

Thanks a lot for sharing! What are the main changes regarding the previous firmwares?

3. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

Avoid updating it has issues .

Miguel Ramos likes this.
  4. Miguel Ramos

I'll keep at the 2.2.96 because the 2.3.10 also has bugs...

5. DELUCAS

2.3.10 not come across any issues for me personally but we all have diff req etc and im on Z10 .

6. Miguel Ramos

The 2.3.10 scrambles files with the same name. For example, if you have the main movie in MKV and the extras in ISO the HT 2.0 doesn't allow you to choose the file you want to play. I must say that you can choose the MKV, but it plays the ISO no matter you insist on the file you want. A bit annoying...

7. DELUCAS

That does not effect me but understand it will annoy many etc
    We all have issues as such .
    Just finding a good firmware with least bugs .

New H.T.v2 will be out shortly

8. thrang

thrang Member

@DELUCAS - any notes about HT v.2 you are aware of or can point me to? And we are at version 2.0, no? Do you mean to say v3?

Thanks

Last edited: Mar 5, 2020
  9. thrang

thrang Member

I've been good with 2.3.10 in almost every respect. the few MKV audio drops I had experienced were attribitual to elsewhere in the playback chain.

EDIT - LOL, I spoke too soon - MKV of Monsters Inc. UHD had two glitches in the first 30 minutes...oh well, Zidoo needs to fix this still...

Last edited: Mar 7, 2020
  10. Sampinto89

Sampinto89 Member

What are the issues with this beta?

11. DELUCAS

H.T.v2. V 2.71 im on now but no doubt it will have another update as they improve it slowly with each firmware release.

12. Sampinto89

Sampinto89 Member

Could you please expand on your comment as to why this beta should be avoided? If the statement was meant to vague, then what's the point of posting it? Just saying...

13. DELUCAS

2.3.17 its been pulled for obvious reasons .

14. thrang

thrang Member

Cam someone describe what the the issues are with this version? For example, if it screws up Music playback or the audio out DAC, I personally don't care if it otherwise improves movie playback stability (especially since I see freezes with Disney ISO or stutters with Disney MKVs)

Thanks

15. Sampinto89

Sampinto89 Member

Same question I had, but people on this forum tend to answer questions with a cryptic tone... I would say just stay away from it until an official version is released. :)

16. Tony Lau

Tony Lau New Member

the 2.3.17 firmware has lipsyn problem with some sound tracks of concert. especially for HDsound like DTS-HD etc.,
    Hope they can fix asap. I can not enjoy HDsound right now.
    :(

17. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

People for one reason or the other always like any FW upgrade/announcement regardless if it was tested or not. Even when warned not to install they keep on doing so for whatever illusion. Newer is better is definitely not always the case. Zidoo makes FW's updates available via OTA when they think it is a general improvement and well tested.
    If you like the latest (beta) version then look here:
    https://www.zidoo.tv/Support/downloads.html

@pavlin67 makes available Zidoo Internal Beta test FW's for community testing within China. He does so to make people happy begging him for it. I don't blame him for that but he ought to put out a big warning together with it.
    Obviously these FW's are to be tested yet and have no quality assurance in anyway. If one still likes to try those go ahead but be prepared for going back too. This with all the hassle that may take that and above all don't make complains about bad quality next.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2020