New firmvare v2.1.42 version for ZIDOO X9S release

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by pavlin67, Sep 19, 2020.

1. pavlin67

pavlin67 Active Member

Model: ZIDOO_X9S
    Version number: v2.1.42
    Link: http://apidl.zidoo.tv/X9S/v2.1.43/ZIDOO_X9S-v2.1.42-202009192015-ota.zip
    MD5: C4928AFE27DBD8905C02A8B7505B5EAB
    Upgrade method: OTA
    Changelog:
    System
    1. Add support for aiff music files.
    2. Optimize the screen saver function.
    3. Fix the problem that DLNA cannot cast screen after entering the screensaver.

Video Player
    1. Add press the information button to display poster information.
    2. Fix the problem of pressing the function key to continue playing during pause.
    3. Optimize subtitle download
    4 Optimize poster information display of player.
    5. Video information display interface, add video title.
    6. Add external subtitles, press the delete button to delete subtitles

Image Player
    1. New feature revision.
    2. Add custom folder function.
    3. Add the function of setting the folder as a screen saver picture.
    4. Optimize the slideshow function.
    5. Fix the problem that the vertical picture is stretched in the slide show.
    6. Add the function of exclude folder.
    7. Add the function of exclusion by folder name

Home Theater
    1. Update to version 4.0
    2. Optimize the sorting function of the navigation interface.
    3. Fix the problem that Douban cannot match
    4. Fix the problem that child lock will be ignored when playing directly.
    5. Fix the problem of incorrect data after sorting widgets.
    6. Optimize the ratio of local trailers.
    7. Optimize sorting function.
    8. Optimize the details interface.
    9. Fix the problem of incorrect TV viewing history.
    10. Fix the problem that the detailed title is too long.
    11. Fix the problem that the letter navigation and the prompt picture on the left side appear at the same time when display in list mode.
    12. Optimize TV series matching.
    13. Added trailer start time setting in detail interface

Settings
    1. Add screen saver settings
    2. Add input method selection settings.

Media Center
    1. Optimize the playback history display.
    2. Added playback history display switch.

Bluray Navigation
    1. Add function to display movie information when press information key.
    2. Fix the problem of not being able to navigate after entering the screensaver.

File
    1. Optimize the display of playback records
    2. Add the playback record display switch
    3. Fix the problem that the wallpaper of the file manager is not synchronized occasionally

Control center
    1. Optimize connection stability

AppInstaller
    1. Optimize webpage installation function

Home
    1. Optimize the boot display speed
    2. Add shortcuts sorting function (press the menu key or long press the OK key)
    3. Optimize animation fluency
    Download from official site: https://www.zidoo.tv/Support/downloadList/target/rRwtRFydZ4xKKmVViAFMcQ==.html
    Zidoo ZDMC v18.8

Last edited: Oct 4, 2020
    3DBuff and leonkoum like this.
  2. Franconian

Franconian Active Member

I still see no fix regarding the audio cut outs/drops that was introduced with firmware 2.1.30 and is still present in 2.1.36 and 2.1.40 - I tried them all.

http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?thr...tal-plus-audio-drop-or-handshake-issue.66951/

Unless proven otherwise (and by that I mean confirmed by someone who was experiencing this bug before, not someone that has no issues), 2.1.28 is the last best firmware for the X9S.

3. Ekul

Ekul Active Member

Does it read correct font color in srt ?
    21.40 did not show correct color.
    21.28 was ok.

4. Armin Moesslacher

Armin Moesslacher Active Member

For me not, 2.1.28 produced also audio drops in my setup.

paxnn likes this.
  5. Floha

Floha New Member

Im actually very disappointed in Zidoo by now.
    They just dont seem to read any forum posts anymore, or are not interessted in finding solutions to existing problems that break their products.
    They dont talk to their community anymore.

Yes ... we still get firmwares, which is nice.
    But I get the feeling theyre just intrested in modern looks or new modern features instead of bugfixing or simply dont understand how to fix them.

The "change" I had to the problem above in .40 (which still exists) -> I bet that was by accident and not intendet...

Ill still update, as im still on the broken .40 which I tested last.
    Ill give an update when I get the time to check for any changes.

Franconian likes this.
  6. appman1234

appman1234 New Member

Upgraded to this 2.1.42 rom.

I have watched 2 films and did NOT encounter any pause during watching! I'm very happy for this!

7. blasiusx

blasiusx Member

I have reported it since firmware 2.1.30, and the errors were also confirmed to me. But obviously nobody at Zidoo Support really cares anymore. Just a little over a year ago, emails were really taken care of there and multiple dialogues were held, and errors or improvements were implemented relatively quickly. Unfortunately, this is no longer the case. Instead, visual and obvious errors are simply ignored. Apparently there is no developer around here in the forum, which is a shame.

Anyway, even with the 2.1.42 beta, the following bugs are still there:

1.) The front display still shows "00:00" during playback if the time is set in the Show options.
    2.) Opening the media center still causes an annoying flickering because first a black and then the correct wallpaper is displayed.
    3.) If you play music files one after the other in the Media Center, i.e. title by title from the list, these are always played randomly, regardless of what you try to set.

None of these errors exist in FW 2.1.28.

I just cannot understand why such obvious errors are not eliminated. They totally annoy me.

Nevertheless, a little praise: the SMBv3 support for the media center is finally working, and now images are displayed correctly in portrait in the slide show and with a finer resolution than with 2.1.28.

8. gadgetman

gadgetman Active Member

After installing this i can no longer use crashes and restarts with the zidoo logo and stops, i have to pull the plug. Unusable now.

Learned my lesson never install Beta again, tried resetting but is so sluggish then restarts and stops.

I have now a brick

Last edited: Sep 26, 2020
  9. KonstantinP

KonstantinP New Member

Something is wrong with the 43 megabyte archive. Check the download link

sorry firefox, it downloads badly. Everything worked fine through the opera.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 3, 2020
  10. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

After holding off for a long time with upgrades happy on firmware .28 I decided to try latest .42. It was a mistake. I don't have audio dropouts but web-rip files get this strong stutter after watching movie for a while. Pause and play again gets out of if for a bit. We did have this stutter issue long time ago. I didn't expect this to come back.

It would be really nice to swap only Gallery (Video Player) between different firmware versions rather than flushing firmware and try to restore everything again. @McBluna has all versions of apps in separate APK formats but no easy way to switch Video Players. Any ideas or help would be appreciated.

11. McBluna

McBluna Well-Known Member

The video player depends on system libraries from the firmware. I wouldn't recommend playing with system libraries. Btw for music player it's the same.

3DBuff likes this.
  12. Franconian

Franconian Active Member

@3DBuff

Downgrade back to .28 and never look back it’s the best firmware for this device. I tried every firmware after it and they all have bugs with stutters or audio drops.

13. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

Thanks @Franconian. I need to back up my ZDMC and HT and it will probably take a while to get it back to where I have it now. Trying to find a free day for this job. I should have stayed with.28 :(
    Any tips for back up specially ZDMC?

I can confirm after using firmware.42 for a while that it generates random audio dropouts but the worst of all are stutters on webrips!

Anybody out there with Zidoo X9S - stay on firmware.28

14. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

X9S is still a good player if your TV or PJ are few years old. HT can be upgraded to newer version from @McBluna website. Online trailers always stop working after shot time. Newer versions of HT ported from Z9X will have issues with media tags (some library missing). Player also needs to be rooted to enable write access to any USB drive if you need it.

McBluna likes this.
  15. Franconian

Franconian Active Member

@3DBuff

There is a Kodi/ZDMC addon simply named Backup. It’s already in the preinstalled Kodi repo, just find it there. I used it every time when I downgraded (which was a lot over the years) and I had no issues at all. Restore from USB or network and ZDMC is back like before.

3DBuff likes this.
  16. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

Still some work around the network setup. I have 2 hard drives on Zidoo and few more around the house as NAS. I don’t think Zidoo setup as NAS and current mapping of Zidoo drives can be backed up. It probably needs to be manually done on Zidoo, PC’s and devices around once restored.

17. litlgi74

litlgi74 Member

@3DBuff Is it possible to use a HT backup from a newer firmware on 2.1.28? I've tried but without success.

Last edited: May 4, 2022
  18. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

Don't know. I haven't tried it. I'm on the latest v2.1.42 nad don't have immediate reason to go back to 2.1.28. Media info works great, tags on the movie page and during the movie. HT works a lot better compared to converted version. At least I don't have to root my Zidoo to gain write access to all USB, Sata and MicroSD.
    I'm going to stay with .42 until I find something really bad. So far I'm happy with it.

Working trailers would be a bonus even if I have to get my own API keys.

19. litlgi74

litlgi74 Member

Ok cool ..

My ptoblem is my HT backup was made with newest firmware... I don't think it's compatible with earlier versions. When I restore my .45 HT in.42... HT no longer works.

Maybe @McBluna will chime in with a solution... As I could not get his modded version to install in.42.

Thanks again

20. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

One thing I noticed is that when you install moded McBluna version of HT it loses write access to any locally attached drives. If your back up is on USB stick it won't take it. You have to copy backup file to the network drive or Zidoo internal storage. If you like to have full access to local drives for backup and poster storage (I do) than rooting and changing permissions is the only way with McBluna versions of HT.