New buyer Zidoo X7

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X7' started by mike2002, Jul 21, 2017.

1. mike2002

mike2002 New Member

I just received my Zidoo X7. This is the first time I buy a Zidoo product. I have some questions :

1) How can I install ZDMC 17.3 on my X7? This is very important to me because mySQL database is that of version 17 of Kodi.

2) Why, when I boot the sound device to HDMI it is always back to PCM after a restart?

3) How can I do to play 4K HDR content with ZDMC 16 ?

Thank you for your help
    Mike2002

2. Ayokoya

Ayokoya Member

I tried to install ZDMC 17 which requires me to uninstall ZDMC 16, but I could not find the option anywhere to uninstall it

3. npoupine

npoupine New Member

I did it on my X10. Just go in parameters, and application: there, clic on XDMC, it will open a new Window where you'll be able to choose "uninstall".

4. mike2002

mike2002 New Member

I go under Aplication, I click on ZDMC but I do not have the option Uninstall. I have it for other applications install by myself but, not for the apps already install on the device.

5. Ayokoya

Ayokoya Member

X10 runs under Android 6, which is a proven OS, X7's Android 7 cannot be said the same, may be its an oversight that uninstall options are left out. Don't know why tech company keep on releasing new things for the sake of new with minor improvement or worse with broken things. Why don't people listen to Dr McCoy..................

6. mike2002

mike2002 New Member

Hello,
    As you know I'm new here. So I have a basic question to ask: Are the Zidoo team sometimes answering the questions asked on the forum?

I do not ask this question to be inconvenient, I just want to know what to expect.

Thank you !

7. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

sometimes, yes, there are a handfull of zidoo employers that browse the forum.
    first: zdmc may be actually installed as a system app if uninstall is missing,
    second: there is no ZDMC 17 + for this box ( not of forum anyways ) , updates may come only with firmware OTA's
    last: try installing pure kodi 17 and see how it works,

8. mike2002

mike2002 New Member

@HaoSs, thank you for information.

I already test pure kodi, but it not support autoswitch résolution and autoswitch refresh rate. And I am unable to play HDR content with ZDMC, KODI and FTMC.

Do you know how can I be a beta tester ? I bought my Zidoo x7 for fun of testing, It's not my primary device, I have 10 others devices running Kodi. So, Beta testing could be very cool for me.

9. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

well. beta test group it's only a title. we did not have a beta firmware posted in the beta forum for long time. you can ask @freeroc tho.

10. mike2002

mike2002 New Member

Ok, Thank you very much for your help !

11. npoupine

npoupine New Member

I finaly installed Kodi 17 without uninstall ZDMC 16! It works fine.

12. mike2002

mike2002 New Member

Yep, but autoswitch (resolution and refrehs rate) is not working. It's work great under ZDMC, this is why I want Zdmc 17....
    AND I wish HDR content would play under ZDMC 17.... May be I'm a dreamer.... I have a lot of hope !

13. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

yes. zdmc 17 cam now be installed next to kodi, it's true for all zidoo boxes ( that have zdmc 17 for them )

14. Blinux

Blinux New Member

How about ROOT for X7 ?

15. Blinux

Blinux New Member

Zidoo RC also not work with Zidoo X7 :(

16. bob

bob Active Member Zidoo TECH Supporter

The next version will be added
    Thanks

17. bob

bob Active Member Zidoo TECH Supporter

Why, when I boot the sound device to HDMI it is always back to PCM after a restart?
    We will fix this is.
    thanks

18. mike2002

mike2002 New Member

Thank you @bob
    Some news about ZDMC 17 for the Zidoo X7 ?

19. Keith Williams

Keith Williams New Member

I recommend you read the X6Pro forum, Zidoo will promise fixes but updates never fix anything. If it doesn't work out of the box return it as not working properly.