Network Identifier "IEEE Registration Authority" - Zidoo visibility in your router

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by ZidooNewbie22, Jan 10, 2022.

1. ZidooNewbie22

ZidooNewbie22 New Member

Hi,

when I going to set a fixed lease for my zidoo Z10 Pro I realized, it was identified by my router as IEEE Registration Authority. - see screenshot last entry

Would be nice if this could be changed to something zidoo related, if it is not hardcoded in the hardware.

Using latest beta firmware currently 6.3.66. Had 6.2 installed until a week ago.

Best Regards,

upload_2022-1-10_1-48-13.png

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

You'll need to contact your router manufacturer. That's just poor MAC recognition in the router using the first 3 octets only.

Enter the whole address on a device with a decent API and you'll see that the MAC Vendor is Shenzhen Zidoo Technology Co., Ltd.

3. pcristi

pcristi Active Member

Many device(router) use only first 3 group(OUI 800a80) to get vendor this will show "IEEE Registration Authority" for Zidoo devices MA-M block (800A805).

Last edited: Jan 10, 2022
    ZidooNewbie22 and Markswift2003 like this.
  4. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Big manufacturers allocate a big slice of MAC adresses but smaller ones like Zidoo only minor allocations. Just like registering IP-ranges.