Netflix not available on Zidoo products

Discussion in 'General - Guides and FAQ' started by dcc, May 27, 2017.

1. dcc

dcc New Member

Netflix can no longer be installed on Zidoo Android products, because they are NOT among those that are "certified by Google and meet all Android requirements."

When will Zidoo become a legitimate product, and properly certified by Google?

grapenose likes this.
  2. grapenose

grapenose Member

I would like to know as well

3. JJKK

JJKK Member Beta test group

Go to netflix.com and download v4.16.1 and it will work fine..

4. Tukker

Tukker Member

Not working fine, limited to 480 sd and only stereo sound. (also not possible to cast like chromecast)
    Again very disapointing.

Paicito and videobruce like this.
  5. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

this is so old i'm tired explaining it for the 100th time. netflix only has a handfull of devices that allow to stream HD content, its all about license and DRM and greed. It's very disappointing that you don't take 2 minutes and read Netflix site, if your name is not sony or apple, you have almost 0 chance in getting on that list.

videobruce likes this.
  6. dcc

dcc New Member

Really, you are the one who's tired? Well you should put aside your condescension for a moment and consider this.

We, consumers that actually paid for Zidoo products are the ones who should be tired of this scam. We, who got duped by false advertisment that stated their products were high quality and properly supported. Instead of getting a decent product, we ended up with:
    - media players that do not get firmware updates as promised. I have for example an X5 and an X1-2, they were basically abandoned. When asking about simple features such as properly supporting HD webcams, you get late, generic and unhelpful responses that basically confirm your device was quickly abandoned, because they moved on to the next short-term "high quality" device.
    - systems that claim they play HDR, yet they don't really play it from the most important sources that publish HDR content (netflix, amazon)
    - systems that were advertised as supporting Netflix, yet they don't anymore. Sideloading applications is not an option, as we all know this will shortly cease to be supported by netflix. Zidoo should simply comply with the very clear rules stated by google (not netflix) to get certified, and Netflix will support them. There's no conspiracy here, it's only a manufacturer that ignores its customers.
    - forums where a lot of questions remain unanswered, and all we get is condescending and offensive speech from moderators.

So, we are paying, we get little in return, and YOU are the one who's tired?

Last edited: May 30, 2017
  7. Sarco

Sarco Active Member Beta test group

Well return your zidoo and go to netflix site and buy a licensed device. Even major tv manufacturer have hard time with netflix as they update 4 times in last 2 weeks. Damn it is not hard to go to Netflix site and read support devices instead of making stupid remark an pushing people who explain why it is not and maybe will never be able to have full support of Netflix!

8. dcc

dcc New Member

So, this is the support we get from Zidoo. Bad language and curses from the Beta test group.

For your information, the problem is not because of Netflix, but because zidoo failed to become certified with Google. A quote from the Netflix official description of the app: "Version 5.0 only works with devices that are certified by Google and meet all Android requirements."

So Zidoo does not meet all Android requirements, that's the problem.

And don't tell me to look on Netflix' site for certified devices, Zidoo specifically described its devices as Netflix-compatible, which shows how reliable their claims can be. And as I have shown above, Netflix incompatibility is only one of the problems with this company's products.

Your replies are proof of even more: hostility towards paying customers.

9. Sarco

Get rid of your zidoo and scram! I am not affiliated with zidoo and have lot of complain for my X9S but it is a chinese device so... Anyway my tv does Netflix, my XBox , my blu-ray also... So what the problem?

10. dcc

dcc New Member

This kind of language and agressivity is approved by Zidoo?

And for your information, your preconceptions about the Chinese people and companies are offensive (I am European, but it's obvious). Chinese companies do not necessarily mean poor quality. In fact, all Western products are built there, with the West having less and less to do with their design. Don't generalize Zidoo for all Chinese companies.

11. Sarco

I do not speak about product quality... Since 2014 google is ban in China for your information, but since play store is geolocate we can use it but chinese not... But since your so stupid Ciao! Hope will not see you again idiot! If you find offensive report... Go cry in your room!

12. dcc

dcc New Member

This is just sad.

13. dcc

dcc New Member

I am still waiting an answer from Zidoo regarding the Google certification and Netflix problem.

14. JJKK

JJKK Member Beta test group

I have an X9S and a HiMedia Q10 Pro. I am able to download the Netflix App from the PS with no problem on my Q10 Pro.

On the Netflix website they state:

"The newest generation of media players and streaming sticks offer a fast, easy, and affordable way to watch Netflix on your TV".

I would think the X9S falls into the group "newest"

In very small print they state they only support Apple TV and Chromecast

This is in the FAQ section

Streaming Devices
    Watch anywhere, anytime, on thousands of devices. Netflix streaming software allows you to instantly watch content from Netflix through any Internet-connected device that offers the Netflix app, including smart TVs, game consoles, streaming media players, smartphones, or tablets. View our Internet Speed Recommendations to achieve the best performance. You can also stream Netflix directly from your computer or laptop. We recommend reviewing the System Requirements for web browser compatibility.

The Netflix app may come pre-loaded on certain devices, or users may need to download the Netflix app onto their device. Netflix app functionality may differ between devices. See our Terms of Use for limitations and usage.

Need help getting set up? Search our Help Center for the manufacturer of the device you are using.

Last edited: May 31, 2017
  15. grapenose

grapenose Member

Zidoo needs to get Google certification and soon.This will not go away and will only get worse with more and more apps needing boxes certified by Google

16. dcc

dcc New Member

Exactly. Zidoo should release proper firmware for all its devices that were advertised as being Google certified and Netflix compatible. Proper Google certification will make the difference between good Android products and noname low quality junk. Not to mention that the certification also has implications on security.

But as Zidoo seems to quickly abandon their products, there is little chance for this to happen.

17. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

Chill guys, no need to get all angry.
    First thing, this is a open support forum,beta group is not under zidoo employment, they are normal users that wanted to test firmware before OTA. They don't speak for zidoo in any way.
    Second thing. Getting certified by google will not give you netflix compatibility( not that this is a reason to not get certified ) ,you need to buy a license, they review every application, and usually the response is " we are not searching for new partners bla bla "
    Last thing, netflix started blocking rooted devices, they think people will rip movies using a phone, x8/x9s/x10 is a dual OS so apparently openwrt uses some binary's that other apps detect as root.

18. dcc

dcc New Member

I am not angry :) , but I was offended by the aggressive responses.

When a company advertises its products as being Netflix compatible and Google certified, they should keep them this way. Yes, Google is making changes -- the idea is Zidoo should keep up with them, that is, if they are a decent company. And they specifically advertised themselves as being better than generic manufacturers, insisted about long term support and firmware updates, and so on. They lied, apparently.

As it is, my X5 was abandoned in a matter of months by Zidoo. How long do you think it would take them to abandon their current beauties (x8, x9s/,x10) as well? The end of this summer?

19. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

no idea.

i have seen the boxes advertised for some form of netflix, but did not see anywhere google certified, where did you read that ?

20. EB1000

EB1000 New Member

What about a modded certified Android TV Netflix app, that may trick Netflix servers to think the player is certified? An app like Lucky Patcher can easily trick any app to think it's communicating with Google play store and purchasing a valid licence, so why can this be done to Google DRM services?