Neo S feature(s) request

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by muslhead, May 31, 2022.

1. muslhead

muslhead Member

1. Currently my neo s does not support gapless playback when using jriver (dlna). The problem apparently is due to the lack of support for the SetNextAVTransportURI command in the dlna implementation.
    It plays the first song of a playlist only and then stops
    2. Support for playback from m3u playlists within the app.

Thanks for your consideration

Last edited: Jun 23, 2022
    gymnos likes this.
  2. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

In fact this is generic for all models.

3. muslhead

muslhead Member

By "this" you mean #1, #2, or both items?

4. Nice Monkey

5. muslhead

muslhead Member

ok, thanks. I guess that is obvious since they all use the same firmware?
    But, are you also saying its already known both my feature requests dont exist?
    I was hoping someone would come here and tell me i am wrong and its just a setting i did not implement correctly.
    If this is known, i wish i knew before i purchased last month.

6. Nice Monkey

Indeed they all use the same FW. Neo models with an add-on for the Front Panel.

I tried M3U playlists for you: Confirmed not working. It plays the folder when selected (using Media Center). At least PLS and M3U playlists should be supported as these are the 2 most common formats.

Jriver is confirmed being looked at by Zidoo as they just got a master license for it. Next to Roon and Trakt it seems to be the next external Server APP officially to be supported.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2022
    gymnos and muslhead like this.
  7. muslhead

muslhead Member

Good to know, thanks

Last edited: Jun 8, 2022
  8. muslhead

muslhead Member

Too bad this issue is only being looked at because, for me, the purchase is not nothing more than a waste of money. I cannot recommend it for someone using it as a music source player unless they use roon. There are plenty of other, cheaper, and much better options to stream roon. The hardware is unusable for my use case. What is really frustrating is that my purchase "mistake" could have been avoided if Zidoo made clear (clear means documentation which we know Zidoo is horribly bad at) that gapless playback for dlna is only available for Zidoo software. Instead the bullet points are dlna compliant and gapless playback capable. Uhmmm, no. Not true except under certain conditions that are not specified. The app that is provided for audio is so below average (most polite way to say awful) that only those that dont have a choice would use it (for audio). I find it horrible for video too but i did not buy this unit for video.

Issues like these are why a poorly supported attempt at entering an unfamiliar market (highend audio) will typically end in failure and a waste of corporate capital and resources. The list of companies who have gone out of business (especially in the high end audio market) is longer than my arm. Zidoo neo = Good hardware, average implementation of that hardware and horrid software. This is not a recipe for a successful, long lasting product. I guess its a difference of how one should run a business but why do anything half way? you are either in or your out. Because anything in between sends the message you are not in.

Very disappointed but should have been expected based upon owning another zidoo product. My error but i will insure i will not do it again and i can hopefully teach others to avoid my mistake.