Needed advice about UHD3000

Discussion in 'General - Guides and FAQ' started by oryx, Aug 12, 2021.

1. oryx

oryx New Member

Hello,i am new here and by the end of this month a i am going to buy Zidoo UHD3000,i know this is Zidoo forum but what is difference between Zidoo,Zapitti or Dune,what i saw Zidoo has 4gb ram and 32 gb rest have 2gb and 16,is there any significant difference between these three?Thing i dont like is Zidoo has 1 year warranty,Zappiti and Dune have 2 years,but on other side Zidoo is equipped with 5G wifi.I am new in this area so if i wrote some stupid question,sorry.Best regards to all on this forum!

2. Netmask

Netmask Well-Known Member

I had the same dilemma - I wanted to have a unit that could do Dolby Vision. At the time Zapitti was the one I was looking at, easily available in Australia. However at the time it didn't support Dolby Vision so I ruled them out. Then on the Popcorn Forum (I have a A-500) one of the members was asking about a replacement as the A-500 as it was EOL and Popcorn or Cloud Media were ceasing production. He made a list of possible replacements including Zidoo. I must admit I had never heard of them at the time. I did some technical research and it was a toss up between Zidoo and Dune. Dune is terrible difficult to obtain locally in Australia and there were quite a few adverse comments on a number of forums. I found a local distributor of Zidoo in a suburb not 15Km from my place. Sydney is well paced geographically from China for gear to be flown in as it's less than a 8 hour flight. So I took a punt and bought the Zidoo UHD3000 which IMO has the best specs of all the models. like most media players it has it's quirks but nothing too dramatic.

oryx likes this.
  3. oryx

oryx New Member

Thank you very much,after researching i concluded the same about Zappiti and Dune,so Zidoo is the best option i think.Thanks,again!