Need to listen to Z10 using headphones

Discussion in 'ZIDOO Z10' started by Steven Loi, Apr 28, 2020.

1. Steven Loi

Steven Loi New Member

I recently bought the Zz10 to watch and listen to the 4K movies but because of a our newborn baby, at times, I need to listen using a pair of headphones. I have decent headphones (cost $400) but what are my best options?

By the way, I used to input my previous media player to my old Onkyo amplifier which outputted to the TV (Samsung Series 8 LED) but when I connected the Z10 the same way, after booting up, it would lose connectivity. Not sure if it's because my old Onkyo amplifier (10 years old) can't handle the Z10 or whether it's another issue. But that would have been great since the Onkyo amp had a headphone jack.

In any event, I am open to all options from buying a new amp through to another setup.

Can you guys let me know what you suggest and I will try them?

Thanks!

2. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

BT headset is the easiest I think with freedom to move still around. Can work straight with Zidoo.

3. Placebo

Placebo New Member

4. Manfred

Manfred New Member

As a newbie with an z10 for a few day i have the problem, that neither my headphones nor a mouse will found on the Bluetooth-Tab so its impossible do connect and use them.

5. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

I wouldn’t burn high current amp just to power up one set of headphones. Zidoo is easy to work with with a lot of connection options. From direct 3.5mm audio jack to SPDIF output with volume and delay adjustment. I prefer getting the audio for headphones from TV directly. The same connection will work for all sources and you shouldn’t need to deal with audio delay for lip sync. I have Bluetooth headphones and 4 channel headphone amp working off TV SPDIF optical output.
    Big audio amp stays off until needed to power up all speakers.

6. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

By the sounds of it his zidoo is connected to his Onkyo then to his tv ?
    So he needs amp etc powered on or he will not get and picture signal etc

i take it the amp is a receiver ?

my old Circa 10 year old Yamaha receiver hdmi 1.3 had trouble syncing but eventualy once synced it stayed sync
    Still using it on a X10 - Yam reciver to plasma no issues at all .

7. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

Valid point. My newer Sony amp has HDMI bypass function. It has multi levels of standby. It will go from very low power into this step up standby for HDMI bypass if detects any activity on HDMI ports. I can use TV build in speakers or turn the amp on for full surround sound. Switching it off puts sound back to the TV. Bluetooth headphones to the TV will mute amp. or power off the amp by remote will put sound directly from TV or Zidoo into headphones. Everything works well in that loop. I run SPDIF fiber from LG TV (the only audio output) into SPDIF to analogue stereo converter. This feeds 4 channel stereo amp for wired headphones if I watch something with my wife late at night without waking up the rest of family.

8. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

yes my new Yamaha does the same Hdmi passthrough also .
    But my old yam HDMI 1.3 works fine .
    Wondering if his is Hdmi 1.2 / 1.1 maybe ?
    Thats causing the issues of sync etc
    10 years was hovering in hdmi / 1.2 / 1.3 territory .......

he needs to confirm .