My Zidoo Z9X....

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by OlivierQC, Sep 7, 2020.

1. mijacmad

mijacmad Member

Frustrating when limited to a single device to view/transmit HDR10+ and probably half Zidoo, half Samsung. HDR forced gives HDR only at all settings other than 50/60HZ.

2. mijacmad

mijacmad Member

Are you still getting HDR10+ on you're Samsung after changing from any other than 50/60HZ settings then?

3. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

I've only learned about this today - given the Zidoo's recommended settings, I must admit I have tended to keep changing them back to 23.whatever as every time I have changed the HDR settings, it has reverted back to 60Hz. But "mucking around", with so many variables, I'm a bit lost now where exactly I am. Better half has hogged the tv today - I've been phaffing with other stuff, so it will be tomorrow now before I have another testing session with the Zidoo. But I have had hit and miss sometimes with HDR10+ and wondering if the "Darkness" I sometimes experience is down to this?

4. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

For new users, you must know that Zidoo offers a choice between 2 media centers to use on their devices...HT4 or ZDMC 18.9 which is a fork of Kodi 18.9.

http://apidl.zidoo.tv/app/zdmc-18.9_rtk.apk

[​IMG]

Setting up ZDMC (Kodi) properly is a challenge...Think of ZDMC (Kodi) as the frame of an unfinished house. This is your base and foundation for where all of your essential items will be stored.

ZDMC has a lot of customization options, which let you build whatever you want if you're willing to take the time.

There are a lot of tutorials that will show you how to set up / use ZDMC (Kodi) on google or youtube and get the most out of your streaming device.

--------------------

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

And just like me if you hesitate between HT4 and ZDMC, know that the 2 media centers can coexist on your Zidoo box and have the time to choose the one you prefer.

Unlike other brands, Zidoo offers 2 choices to its users, so why not taking the opportunity to discover these 2 media center...

[​IMG]

EDIT

Note : ZDMC uses the Zidoo player and some kodi features are not available with ZDMC ( ''
    mark as watched'' or ''Play from here'' for example not working)

Attention, ZDMC utilise le player Zidoo et certaine fonctionnalités de kodi ne sont pas disponible avec ZDMC

Last edited: Jan 18, 2021
  5. boxerfan

boxerfan Active Member

ZDMC integration with Zidoo internal player could be better. After watching an episode via ZDMC/Zidoo player, it does not mark the item as watched. Very very basic integration is not done properly.

ZDMC "Play from here" function does not work, the Zidoo player only plays 1 clip and stops. Sad.

6. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Been mucking/messing around today but I cannot replicate this problem - whether set to 23hz or 60hz all my HDR10+ titles played perfectly. I experienced zero darkness but I know this will raise it's head again - I just cannot phathom this out.

@Markswift2003 - I thought the Vertex2 switched on and off by itself depending on a signal passing through it or not? Today I pressed the activity on my Harmony Elite - everything switched on other than the Vertex2. I rebooted it and then everything was fine. To be honest I'm suspecting the Vertex2 isn't handshaking as it should?

7. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

It doesn't switch on and off, it's just on permanently - if you're not sure what's coming in or going out, check the web gui.

8. mijacmad

mijacmad Member

You running this through on a samsung or panasonic with the inbuilt HT 4.0?

9. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Hi @mijacmad - I don't use HT 4.0 just Zidoo's native player - @Markswift2003 why was it necessary to reboot the Vertex2 then?

10. mijacmad

mijacmad Member

I thought that was Zidoo's native player? Need to read up I think LOL

11. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

@mijacmad - I use the player on the first (opening) screen - thought that was the native player, with HT 4.0 being an app. Apologies if that is incorrect

12. mijacmad

mijacmad Member

No worries, I played HDR10+ back direct through media centre, still the same issues, I'm starting to think a Samsung issue.

13. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

@mijacmad this is what @Markswift2003 thinks too but I'm not sure. The vagaries of my Vertex2 are first in the frame for me then 2nd the Rips of the titles next. Don't forget that HDR10+ is Samsung's own - if it were to have issues then surely that would be with LLDV? I cannot remember but do you use a Vertex2? If so then I'm sure @Markswift2003 will come to both our rescue :)

14. Markswift2003

Not a clue mate - I've never had to reboot mine ;)

15. Markswift2003

There used to be a selection for two "players" that could be called in firmware, the "Native Player" and the "Nu Player", but they only related to online playback - they had no affect on local playback.

The 1619 players don't have this selection which is a good thing because it just used to confuse people.

So if you play local content through either Media Center, HT4 or ZDMC (not Kodi) then you're using the same internal hardware player.

rozel likes this.
  16. Markswift2003

What's the HDR10+ issue? (sorry - I'm sure you said before - but I haven't kept up with the thread)

17. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Thanks Mark. Given this issue, even though it's the first time I've experienced it today and the ongoing issues playing HDR10+ titles (re darkness) on and off, does this not point to handshaking of some kind? I don't read much from other Samsung owners wanting to "experiment" with LLDV or who are having issues with HDR10+ titles (other than @mijacmad of course) so I'm more frustrated than ever now as I've been trying to trace the cause of my issue since buying the Vertex2

18. Markswift2003

How about moving this to your HDR10+ thread rather than clogging up Olivier's thread here...?

Last edited: Nov 30, 2020
  19. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Yes I was thinking that but please note on this thread I was only trying to help @mijacmad

20. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

Hello boxerfan,

Some kodi features are not available with ZDMC and you are disappointed, I understand but despite this ZDMC allows us to enjoy our video files.

To play all the videos files which are in the same folder (like a season of a TV show with ZDMC), i use this option :

Quick setting> Display> Playback> all

-------------

Nothing is perfect and if we look at the kodi forum we see that the grass is not always greener on the other side...

For those who want a multimedia box, know that the perfect player will be the one most suited to your daily use, so do not hesitate to try several boxes and I am sure that we will meet again soon on the Zidoo forum ;)

See you​