My Zidoo Z9X....

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by OlivierQC, Sep 7, 2020.

1. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

Hello moal,

How are you ?

So what's new?

I can't wait to try your new file and thank you for your work for the Zidoo community :)

See you

2. OlivierQC

Great,

I have answered you

3. Eleonor

Eleonor Active Member

Hi - I've been here recently, I'd like to say hi :)

sorry for my English

I have a Z9X and I have a question:
    There are several Dolby Vision profiles - what profile is the best to make MKV movies so that the Z9X opens it without a problem because so far it looks poor

As of today, I am successful in making mkv with profiles:

Dolby Vision, Version 1.0, dvhe.07.06, BL+EL+RPU, Blu-ray compatible / SMPTE ST 2086, HDR10

Dolby Vision, Version 1.0, dvhe.08.06, BL+RPU, Blu-ray compatible / SMPTE ST 2086, HDR10

How to make MKV? Which profile to choose dvhe.07.06, BL+EL+RPU or dvhe.08.06, BL+RPU ?

regards

4. Eleonor

Eleonor Active Member

Will the Z9X never open the dvhe.07.06, BL + EL + RPU profile ?

So if I do remux to MKV and I want Dolby Vision, I have to do it to the profile dvhe.08.06, BL + RPU ?

5. afss

afss Active Member

I have a similar question - I believe Zidoo will eventually fix MEL MKV DV file playback (the current pending issue is with DV and Atmos stuttering). I am not sure Zidoo will ever make FEL MKV DV file playback work (if somebody knows it, please chime in), which would imply we would need to convert those file types to profile 8 (with a certain DV quality loss, I understand).

6. Eleonor

Eleonor Active Member

I confirm that after removing the subtitles in MakeMKV, the movie with the 08.06 profile and TrueHD Atmos sound plays, but after a few minutes I stutter.
    The subtitled movie did not open at all. The Z9X was crashing like ...

7. Fatih Durmus

Fatih Durmus Member

Is zidoo team working for solve shuttering problem?

8. sojer2005

sojer2005 Member

Hi, I have LG OLED CX 65 and Marantz AVR. Is it safe to buy Zidoo Z9X now, given the firmware, are the major bugs fixed?

9. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

it still plays almost all things very well...image seems improved over the older Z9S model say
    just some early release issues still mostly with dolby vision colouring and MKVs with DV and DA....with Dv and say 5.1 almost zero issues at all it seems
    has no issues with HLG and HDR 10+

10. OlivierQC

11. boxerfan

boxerfan Active Member

Hi all,

From the Z9X media/file explorer, is there a way to execute “Play From Here” (meaning play the currently selected file, and continue playing subsequent files until the video player reaches the end of the directory)?

Alternatively, is it possible to put together a video playlist?

12. OlivierQC

If I'm not mistaken, this feature is not available.

On my Egreat A11 this feature exists, I guess Zidoo would be able to add it.

13. OlivierQC

Hello Zidoo Team,

One of request that comes up often is the possibility of playing all the videos that are in a folder at once.

----------

Would it be possible to add a function that allows us to play all the video files that are in a folder by adding the functionality ''play all files'' ?

Does this feature already exist on the zidoo?

It may not be possible on the Zidoo ?

-----------

This is only an example on the screenshot, the option could also be in another menu

[​IMG]

Thank you​

Last edited: Nov 27, 2020
  14. mijacmad

mijacmad Member

Just installed and HDR10+ is disabled when using frame-rate switch, and only works when selecting 2160P 50hz or 60hz settings (which introduce lots of judder on 23fps files).

15. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

16. mijacmad

mijacmad Member

I'll go through the settings again, I think Ive done everything as per those but the hdmi colour region which I set to auto, same with audio as there is no DTS otherwise.

17. mijacmad

mijacmad Member

Tried the settings, and still judders set to 2160P 60hz which is the only setting to keep the HDR10+ active. It's a Samsung Q90T so maybe a Samsung issue with the Judder, but surely HDR10+ should run when using frame-rate switch on the Z9X?? I'm getting a real washed-out colouring after too much playing with settings too, with HDR stuck to on, a reset in order I think.

18. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

yeah muck around too much with the display settings and it seems to lock up
    still a bit unstable with early firmware

you tried the different HDR settings in display ie HDR10 mapping on as well as the Auto on thou today i thought i had hdr10+ showing when i had forced DV 10 on ,while testing a boys epi

lol sometimes all the setting playing just blends in

definitly know theres other ppl with no issues playing the hdr 10+ ...thou tbh i think there were Panasonic z1000/1500/2000 tvs as well( ie i sent a link to a boys epi i know works fine on mine and worked fine for them too

19. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

By and large I am not having issues with HDR10+ but sometimes after "mucking around" (I like that phrase!) after I have played several non-HDR10+ titles, the next time I play one, it appears very dark - too dark to watch. I'm still trying to establish whether this is due to: -
    1. Vertex2
    2. Zidoo
    3. Samsung TV
    4. The Rip (Title)
    5. Handshaking

I'm coming round to thinking it's all to do with the Rip and reading about things on here and @Markswift2003 's Recommended Settings (DOLBY VISION MKV COMPATIBILITY) makes me very suspicious.

@mijacmad says: "Tried the settings, and still judders set to 2160P 60hz which is the only setting to keep the HDR10+ active. It's a Samsung Q90T so maybe a Samsung issue with the Judder, but surely HDR10+ should run when using frame-rate switch on the Z9X?? I'm getting a real washed-out colouring after too much playing with settings too, with HDR stuck to on, a reset in order I think.".

I shall experiment with the frame-rate switch because I have a similar TV and it's yet another variable, it seems, that has entered into my thinking - what a game!

Last edited: Nov 28, 2020
  20. furqansaeed18

furqansaeed18 New Member

hi olivierqc i just buy zidoo z9x i hve sony A8H oled
    i trun Dolby vision on auto now every file is now playing in dv infact no dv is also runing in dv mode can help with this problem.
    and when i run a dv film in bdmv format like bumblee no dv signal is on Sony oled just hdr signal id showing