My Zidoo Z1000 PRO.... on Long Term

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by OlivierQC, Mar 9, 2021.

1. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

In response to an opinion given by movie 78 about me and to clarify the situation

At the same time I am not surprised by his reaction when I see the comments he leaves on the Zidoo forum since he came back... he seems to be bitter but this is just another opinion from me and I forgive him

To see his opinion about me, it's here

http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?thr...ro-uhd3000-released.88023/page-19#post-153784

------------

Of course zidoo have sent me devices in the past and it never stopped me from telling Mirror or other people from Zidoo who are not on this forum how I feel about their devices or software.

I think I have always been objective and some members do not hesitate to blame me and say that I have no place on this forum by saying bad things about Zidoo and that does not bother me on the contrary

I have enough people who thank me through differents forums to see that I am objective about Zidoo devices and that I am not talking nonsense.

You don't see it but I push Zidoo as best I can (and with my means) regularly to change their plans and correct certain problems as quickly as possible so that as many users as possible are satisfied and sometimes it has to be said in public if nothing happens
    but most of the time it is in private and not especially with Mirror which is only a cog in the Zidoo company.

As anyone can read on my discussion threads I have no major problems with Zidoo and I am satisfied with it, (even if I find that the last 2 FWs are of lower quality, personally I prefer to be in 6.2.5) with my way of using it and I have no reason to say otherwise.
    On the other hand, this is not the case for everyone and I indicate it in my threads of discussions too.

-------------

You must to know that what we see on the forum is like an iceberg with the tip sticking out that everyone sees and everything else that is underwater that no one sees...

Again last night I received an email from Zidoo and I replied this morning (local time) with what I think is the best response for a majority of users who report irritants on several forums I frequent.

I often remind them that they can ban me from the forum if they wish or cut ties with me, I don't mind because I don't work for them even if they could send me samples contrary to what you seem to think

(and in between us they are stingy contrary to Egreat ( Thanks Rita) who had sent me their entire range at the time)

-------------

For all those who read my last message on my 2 threads, know also that if Zidoo fixes some old irritants, I will be the first to say I was wrong and apologize on the forums and social networks because it will mean that many users will have a better experience with their Zidoo device and that I will have achieved my goal.

For your information, I'm going to spread this message on differents forums I frequent and on Facebook too.

Personally I am satisfied with what I do

sorry for my poor English

See you soon

Mabon, rozel and Markswift2003 like this.
  2. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Bluetooth Remote - I recently set the "Red" button to bring up "Settings". Unfortunately it's bringing up "Advanced Settings" - my bad.

However I haven't found a way to re-program the buttons, once set. I know I'm missing something - could someone point me in the right direction please?

Also is there a way to set a function key to switch on and switch off the "USB Audio Switch?

Thanks

3. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Go into apps, use the "Shortcut Keys" app and choose the first "settings".

4. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Oh! I've been using the long press on the coloured remote buttons and have found you cannot reprogram after first setting. Hardly ever go into apps but I shall now - thank you Mark.

Markswift2003 likes this.
  5. OlivierQC

Hello all,

My Atmos 2018 demo disc works fine but my other 3 iso's (DTS vol23/vol24 and atmos 2016) don't work or crash HT 4.0 or it works in one out of every two.

it is not stable and it is like Russian roulette

[​IMG]

An another example with my Indiana Jones UHD collection and my Tranformers UHD collection, the BDmenu doesn't work or sometimes yes it's random and really frustrating. (I have other ISO/ISO DV that have the same problem)

[​IMG]

-------------------------

obviously there are other problems and not only the BDmenu one

--------------------------

I have nothing against Zidoo, but with Nice Monkey's review about the new Dune HD vision, it seems to me that for my use the Dune HD Vision seems to be a better choice now.

There is a lack of stability with some features that are not corrected and that spoils the experience.

Some corrections they announce in their changelog are not...

I have been waiting and hoping for several months but nothing is happening.

I think it's time for me to look elsewhere, I'm still hopeful that Zidoo can fix/improve some of the features that they promote on their website.

I'm not opening a debate and this is only my opinion.

See you soon

Good continuation to Mark and all the others

PS:
    @mirror,
    I asked to have my Beta Tester logo removed several days ago, could you please do so, thank you.

My facebook group : https://www.facebook.com/groups/4120686448051503/

Last edited: Jul 23, 2021
  6. jchanmc

jchanmc Member

Thanks for info, it looks like Zidoo is unstable but unfortunately Dune is not available here where I live.

7. OlivierQC

Hello,

In Canada it's the same whether it's Zidoo or another brand, the Dune HD I will order it from futeko.com when the time comes

Depending on your needs, the Zidoo will also suit you.

My facebook group : https://www.facebook.com/groups/4120686448051503/

8. TifKag

TifKag Active Member

Hi

I have a great newbie question.

I have changed the Samba name from ZD_SAMBA to ZIDOOSAMBA, on my Z1000 Pro, but now want to change it back.
    But i can't find a way to put an underscore _ in the name.

I have tried with the android keyboard, and with the Zidoo V9 airmouse / keyboard remote.
    In every other text field i can use the underscore.

Does someone have a solution

Thanks in advance

9. McBluna

McBluna Well-Known Member

I can only confirm that you can't enter a _ in this field. I've wondered myself why it's in the default name but you can't enter it.

10. TifKag

TifKag Active Member

Thanks, i hope someone has a solution. without data loss.
    The only possibility seems a factory reset, but to go through all that trouble with a risk of data loss, just for that name (without a guarantee it resets the name), seems a bit like overkill.

11. OlivierQC

This is not to make a debate or criticize Zidoo, but I think it may be interesting to know.

An exchange of messages with the General Forum Administrator of the HCFR.fr forum concerning the support of the Bdmenu and other things in general and his observation on the feedback from users of Zidoo RTD1619DR devices on this French forum

Of course it should not be made a generality.

HCFR.fr is a very big French forum dedicated to audio/video

I leave you the care to translate it not to deform its remarks

''Oui je crois que le constat qui se dégage ici aussi c'est que Zidoo a pris un sacré retard sur la concurrence, ou plus exactement perdu toute son avance. Dommage, à époque du X9s c'était la seule platine d'intérêt à supporter les menus.
    Et même pour le DV qui était l'argument du Z9x et sur lequel Zidoo se concentre, j'ai l'impression qu'ils n'ont plus rien pour les avantager''.

And he's mostly right, and if he says that, it's because there's a change in attitude towards Zidoo among French speakers anyway.

There is like a beginning of movement which does not blow in favour of Zidoo whatever some people think. concerning certain functionalities proposed by Zidoo

Mabon likes this.
  12. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Zidoo is working hard on improvements and are also clearly listening to customers. I have no clue why the Menu processing is not improved?
    It for sure can be done but I am not so sure it can be done (easily) keeping the many typical Zidoo options also available during playback with menus?

This is the big differentiation point of the competition which handles playback with menus as if it is a disc based player with only matching features of such a player plus the optional features provided by the disc itself (java driven).

Last edited: Jul 24, 2021
  13. OlivierQC

Hello,

Zidoo has a customization tool for their Cancer UI page available with the Z1000PRO and UHD3000.

I've created some new icons that I like and for those who are interested, you can find them here

https://www.facebook.com/groups/4120686448051503/

[​IMG]

See you soon​

14. OlivierQC

Mikis likes this.
  15. soongsl

soongsl New Member

Sorry guys, I've just re-jointed the forum group. I may have missed some topic.
    Did anyone know how to get "Clear all" or "App" in remote button mode option in Z1000 pro as I'm not able to clearing my background running apps.
    This sometime will get the device hang & forced to restart.
    This Clear all" function used to have in old ZIUI interface when using mouse click down to call for Android options.

16. Markswift2003

It's called "ClearManager" and can be found in Apps from the main screen.

You can also assign it to a colour key using the "ShortCut Keys" app.

17. TifKag

TifKag Active Member

I noticed that app allready
    Are both the options (Task Killer and Cache Cleaner) safe to use on a regular base

18. Markswift2003

Yes, perfectly safe.

19. soongsl

soongsl New Member

Thanks. I managed to found the "CleanManager" in app but I'm looking for Apps Clear function used to have in Z9s interface. Here is the screen shots taken from Z9s on App "Clear all"

Attached Files:

20. TifKag

TifKag Active Member

And is there a way besides factory reset. to clear the button assignments :)