My Zidoo Z1000 PRO.... on Long Term

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by OlivierQC, Mar 9, 2021.

1. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

The Zidoo Z1000 PRO (as well as the rest of the RTD1619DR series) incorporates the Dolby Vision VS10 image engine which uses advanced dynamic metadata processing technology.

According to various reputable people and based on comparisons they have made, the VS10 Engine provides a noticeable improvement in image quality and depending on the capabilities of your TV over previous generations.

For users who own an older generation and are wondering whether or not to upgrade, it may indeed be worth considering.

---------------

Currently I am satisfied with the AUTO mode which is available in the option ''Display/HDR'' but occasionally I activate the feature ''Dolby Vision VS10 Engine for HDR/DV content'' to take advantage of the qualities of VS10 Engine.

With this mode activated my UHD HDR movies seem to gain in dynamics and colors, that's what I feel when I switch from one option to another anyway.

So why am I still using AUTO mode...? This is due to habit, i think.

---------------

A logo will appear for a few seconds on the top left of the screen indicating which mode you are using.

[​IMG]

---------

The options in the tab ''Display'' that I use have been influenced by the excellent thread of Markswift2003 in which he explains in detail the many options available, it is accessible and advises anyone who has questions.

So I strongly advise you to visit this thread which will teach you a lot and will allow you to make an enlightened choice if you are interested in a Zidoo or to change it and that you wonder about the quality of image of the Zidoo devices.

Click on the link below

---------

Last edited: Apr 18, 2021
  2. OlivierQC

[​IMG]

For those of you who are wondering if it's worth getting a Zidoo with HDD Bays and if it would take time to transfer video files from your PC

I made some tests of file transfer from my PC (Win 10) to the HDD WD RED (5400rpm) of my Z1000 PRO.

I get an average of 70mb/s each time, which in my opinion is very good for my use, i.e. to transfer some video files from time to time.

[​IMG]

John Thorley likes this.
  3. OlivierQC

[​IMG]

Here is the procedure to make a flashing of your Zidoo Z1000 PRO, it is easy and fast.

Useful if you need to go back to a previous FW

----------------------

NOTE :

About the .IMG file, choose the one for the Z1000 PRO and not for the Z1000.

----------------------

Here are the links for the Z1000 PRO IMGs

With Google framework version

https://mega.nz/file/KUNR2SiY#LaVX2iUKOAWdC8vKDxia7Kp1sAdUomqadK4zJiR0o2U

----

Without Google framework version

https://mega.nz/file/bBcDkaqD#cfz5Zc-XPVXA0KW2-RqEvkeF02-3BV99YsHPBXFv0SU

----------------------

You need a USB key formatted in Fat32.

[​IMG]

Rename the .IMG file to "install" and copy it to the usb key which is formatted in FAT32

[​IMG]

----------------------

Make sure you do not have a USB flash drive or an internal or external hard drive connected to the Z1000 PRO before starting the procedure.

----------------------

You have a USB key in FAT32 and the file renamed to 'install.img', as well as a paperclip, we can start.

[​IMG]

Turn OFF the device with the switch on the back, place the USB stick on one of the USB ports and insert a toothpick or paperclip into the reset hole by pressing lightly (you will feel a click), and turn ON the device.

The Zidoo starts, ''UP...'' appears on the VFD, you can remove the toothpick or paper clip, then ''HELLO'' appears on the VFD....

HELLO will stay a few seconds on the VFD and Zidoo on the TV as well.

[​IMG]

The flashing procedure will begin, the box reboot once finished and you have a brand new box, of course it will be necessary re-configure your box.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here is a video

The box will reboot, the flashing is over.

it is possible that you have a pop up to do an update, either you use the ''back'' key of the remote not to do the update or you accept it...it's your choice.

Personally I don't do it and I do myself the update with the last available FW afterwards.

-----------

I just did a Flash of my Z1000 PRO, and I didn't do the automatic update.

I have just transferred the last FW available ( FW 6.2.0 for now ) on the Zidoo forum in the ''Download'' folder of the Z1000 PRO and I am about to do the update.

For information :

I have not yet modified the options of the box, I will do it once the update finished.

Here is the way to do the update.

[​IMG]

I have flashed and updated my Z1000 PRO with the latest FW available, I will now deal with the settings that best suit my equipment

See you soon

xskip likes this.
  4. OlivierQC

[​IMG]

I used Spotify with the Z1000 PRO through my ipad, everything works properly

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I also installed the app on the Z1000 PRO, but in this case it's better to have an airmouse because the airmouse function of the V8 remote is not great with Spotify.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

----------------

5. John Thorley

John Thorley Member

how does HT 4 handle Tv shows and episodes

6. Sledgehamma

Sledgehamma Well-Known Member

In my review should be pictures about it. anything specific you want to know?

7. John Thorley

John Thorley Member

i am trying to get a box that works similar to popcorn

8. John Thorley

John Thorley Member

Hi Sledgehamma
    where would i find your review

9. OlivierQC

Sledgehamma likes this.
  10. Sledgehamma

No I haven’t updated it yet.

11. Sledgehamma

@OlivierQC I have noticed that you have some custom icons for HT 4.0

[​IMG]

I know that @Markswift2003 has some as well. Is there a thread for "customising HT"?

12. OlivierQC

Hello Sledgehamma,

I don't think so, I did it with photoshop and use the option by pressing the ''menu'' key when I'm in the widgets.

I don't like default widgets at all, they remind me of M&M's.

[​IMG]

I like when it's sober, like the GUI Cancer of the PRO series, no bright colors

See you

Last edited: Mar 21, 2021
    Mikis, Andrew29 and Markswift2003 like this.
  13. Sledgehamma

Thanks for sharing them and explaining how to change them.

Maybe we should make a thread so that people can share their icons and background?

snapo6 likes this.
  14. MsieurSeb

MsieurSeb Member

Very clean the pictures OlivierQC ;)

15. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Excellent stuff - I might get into this once I've sorted my music stuff :D

16. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Me too - it was one of the first suggestions I made when HT started...

Screenshot_20210321-201659.png

Mabon likes this.
  17. OlivierQC

Hello Mark,

Yes, unfortunately Zidoo does not have the same opinion.

It's been years that we have the right to shimmering colors with android boxes, I guess people in Asia like that.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2021
  18. jchanmc

jchanmc Member

Hi Olivier,
    What is the reason 1000Pro unable to support DV iso files? If I copy the whole 4K UHD blue ray to my NAS and let 1000Pro play from the folder will it support DV?

19. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

If it's a MEL 7 release or lower, then you need to create an mkv file using MakeMKV, otherwise as far as I am aware your Zidoo will play the base layer, usually HDR10. I may be corrected though.

20. Justin

Justin New Member

Hiya! First of all. Loving your thread. I was just wondering, are you also experiencing images that are to dark/black crush? I saw you referring to Markswifts thread. I tried his recommended settings. But I still find the darks unwatchable at times. I’m watching on a LG CX, and Zidoo is the only piece of equipment that has this problem. No problems with my Panasonic UDP 4k player or Ps5. So really looks like something caused by the Zidoo and/or my settings!

Any advice? :)