My Zidoo Z1000 PRO.... on Long Term

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by OlivierQC, Mar 9, 2021.

1. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

Hello,

Before we start a big thank you to all those who encourage me by subscribing to my Youtube channel.

[​IMG]

---------------

For the newcomers/users of Zidoo box, I will tell you about me in a few lines.

I have been using Zidoo devices since 2016 and I started with a Zidoo X8.

I was a Beta Tester for a few years helping Zidoo the best I could and with my limited knowledge, about 1 year ago I asked Zidoo to remove me from the Beta Tester status which didn't fit me anymore.

---------------

All what you can find about me, my opinions on forums, my videos, etc... are not based on technical tests, I leave this part to people who have the knowledge and experience to do it and who like to know if there is a fly fart difference between 2 similar boxes of different brands

The opinions I give are based on my own experience as a regular user and also with the feedback of many users I meet on different forums, they sometimes have several multimedia boxes of different brands, compare them, and share their opinions about the quality of the image, the GUI, the comfort of use, etc... between each box.

Some people, and this is not new, tend to imply that I'm sold out to the Zidoo company and that I tend to embellish its performances...

You are free to think what you want about me and for the others who trust me I will continue to give my impressions or make tutorials for new users who are a bit lost with all the possibilities that Zidoo devices offer.

-----------

Here are the forums I have been using for many years.

Zidoo forum
    AVSforum
    HD.club.tw forum
    hcfr.fr forum
    And sometimes AVforums

I have several nicknames but the most common is OlivierQC

------------

[​IMG]

Youtube Channel dedicated to the Zidoo devices

https://www.youtube.com/c/LetstalkaboutEverything

----------------

A new thread to talk about my Z1000 PRO and for those who don't know the Zidoo multimedia boxes and want to know more...

Zidoo is a brand that becomes unavoidable in the world of multimedia players for a few years now.

The company offers a dedicated video player in their ''PRO'' range which includes hardware upgrades and gives us the assurance of not compromising while maintaining the excellent value for money that Zidoo has the secret and I mean the Z1000 PRO.

[​IMG]

----------------

[​IMG]

Settings - RTD1619DR

A lot of buyers like it when it's simple and they don't have to spend an hour in the settings.

Here are the settings for users who want to get the most out of their Zidoo devices as quickly as possible.

Note: If you use the Display/HDR/Auto option, everything is displayed in its native format and is usually the best choice.

-------------

Here are my settings which are appropriate with my equipment and with which I am satisfied, but which will perhaps not be appropriate for you.

----

Additional settings are available depending on your personal preferences or due to the limitation of your TV

----

Recommended settings and other useful stuff for rtd1619 players

Here is the link of the Markswift2003 thread to understand all the different settings of the Zidoo devices, I recommend you to have a look at it.

http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?threads/recommended-settings-and-other-useful-stuff-for-rtd1619-players.82695/

----------------

Here is my opinion about this device

Zidoo - review - Z1000 PRO - my opinion (part 1)

Zidoo - review - Z1000 PRO - my opinion (part 2)

Zidoo - review - Z1000 PRO - my opinion (part 3)

----------------

Dolby Vision - Realtek

----------------

[​IMG]

Where to order your Zidoo multimedia box ?

Here are the 2 emails you can use to order a Zidoo device, you will get excellent service, they are courteous and listen to customers, personally I use David's email.

david@zidoo.tv
    or
    sales@zidoo.tv

-----

Zidoo Official Store

https://shop.zidoo.tv/

Zidoo German Store

https://www.zidoo.de/

Zidoo Aliexpress Store

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/all-wh ... 1234gUyM3i

---------------

Last edited: Jun 17, 2022
  2. OlivierQC

I ordered a Z1000 PRO and I received it by DHL Express with an overpack and directly from Shenzhen ( Thanks to David from Zidoo for his excellent service by E-mail ) the box is not damaged.

[​IMG]

The packaging is black and white with information/specification on the sides of the box.

There is a handle for transport and the Zidoo Z1000 PRO is well protected from shocks, personally I find it classy.

[​IMG]

The device is well protected, nothing moves in the box, this has been well thought.

[​IMG]

Nothing special, these are the usual accessories for this kind of devices.

[​IMG]

The front of the unit has a sleek and elegant look and will easily integrate into an audio/video system.

[​IMG]

The Z1000 PRO weighs 2.9kgs empty and 3.55kgs with my internal HDD (WD red 3tb)

[​IMG]

As with all the devices in the PRO series, the HDMI, coaxial and RCA connectors on the back of the unit are gold-plated.

[​IMG]

The Z1000 PRO chassis is rigid, no creaking, no squeaking.... we hold a quality product in our hands.

[​IMG]

What's inside this Z1000 PRO...

Inside the chassis, the finish of the device is very good in my opinion and it's always reassuring to see that, and the layout of the internal components is neat.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This confirms what I think of the Zidoo company and their efforts to offer high quality devices at a fair price.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

High Quality Power Supply

Z1000 Pro has high quality switching mode power supply, which has metal shielding treatment to effectively reduce the magnetic field interference.

[​IMG]

Once again, the layout and finish of the internal components are neat.

[​IMG]

Obviously difficult to know if one can see a difference concerning the quality of the image and the sound between a device like Z9X/Z10 PRO Versus Z1000 PRO with its high quality switching mode power supply.

[​IMG]

A good power supply is important to get optimal efficiency from device and it certainly works in the Z1000 PRO's favor, audio and video quality will potentially benefit.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

To be Serie ''PRO'' or not to be...

Sleek and elegant look and will easily integrate into an audio/video system.

As far as the quality of the product is concerned, there is an excellent level of finish.

Chassis rigid, no creaking, no squeaking.

High quality switching mode power supply, which has metal shielding treatment to effectively reduce the magnetic field interference.

Whether it's the outside or the inside (which I'm not supposed to see, I lost the warranty when I took the chassis apart) but no regrets when I see such a neat job.

Honestly it has nothing to envy to other brands and I get value for my money.

[​IMG]

A quality device at a fair price.

Bravo Zidoo

Last edited: Apr 18, 2021
  3. OlivierQC

At the first boot the device invites us to do an update (FW 6.1.05)

[​IMG]

Once done the GUI cancer appears, it is a sober interface with animated icons.

[​IMG]

------------------

The Z1000 PRO boot time is approximately 25 seconds.

-----------------

Specifications

[​IMG]
    2 GB of RAM... for those who would say it's not much, be aware that the RAM requirements for this type of device are not the same as for a cell phone or a device dedicated to video games.

[​IMG]
    It has 32GB eMMC internal storage is needed...

[​IMG]

It has an excellent internal 12V 5A PSU and with its shielding it is impervious to interference and does not itself emit noise that could pollute the performance of other system cables and the devices themselves... In short, the audio/video quality will be potentially and theoretically improved.

[​IMG]

It has an internal hdd bay on the front panel.

[​IMG]

It has a built-in 2R2T MIMO WIFI module with high gain hidden antennas on each side panel.

[​IMG]

It has an active cooling system that constantly checks the temperature and
    adjusts it if necessary, of course there is also a manual mode.

[​IMG]

I have a premium account with Spotify and the Z1000PRO is properly recognized.

I control the app on my iPad and stream the sound to my home theater system through the Zidoo.

On the Sony TV, it displays the track that is playing as does my Nest hub MAX when I use it.

--------------------

IMPORTANT

[​IMG]

Zidoo devices are designed for local content, not online streaming, and they do not have agreements in place with streaming providers.

If you want to stream content from sources like Netflix, Amazon, Hulu, Disney+ etc..., an Android TV device or native TV apps will be a better choice.

So I repeat, don't buy a Zidoo device hoping to use it with video streaming service apps.

On the other hand, if you're looking for a great value media player to enjoy your movie collection using your NAS or external hard drives, you can't really go wrong with a Zidoo device.

I've had several brands of media boxes in the last few years and Zidoo is the one I chose.

Thank you

Last edited: May 26, 2021
  4. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

So I can't be the only one wondering why you cut a massive strange shaped hole in the case.

xskip and CGI like this.
  5. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

No lol

6. McBluna

McBluna Well-Known Member

Me too ;)

7. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

It's a neat job though - now let's see the cover - will it hinge? :D

8. OlivierQC

[​IMG]

My private network at home

http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?threads/my-zidoo-z1000-pro-fw-6-2-5.86630/page-6#post-150835

----------------

[​IMG]
    NAS SMB Tutorial

http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?threads/my-zidoo-z1000-pro-fw-6-2-5.86630/page-6#post-150946

----------------

[​IMG]
    3 solutions to use the ''SAMBA SERVER'' option

http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?threads/my-zidoo-z1000-pro-fw-6-2-5.86630/page-6#post-150990

-------------

[​IMG]

Do you know the proper procedure to remove an external hard drive from your Zidoo ?

http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?threads/my-zidoo-z9x-fw-6-2-5.81090/page-22#post-151763

-------------

[​IMG]

My way of doing Flash

Here is the procedure to make a flashing of your Zidoo Z1000 PRO, it is easy and fast.

Useful if you need to go back to a previous FW

http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?threads/my-zidoo-z1000-pro-fw-6-2-5.86630/page-3#post-148201

-------------

[​IMG]

A glimpse of ''POSTERWALL''

PosterWall (HT4.0) is part of the Zidoo platform, this movie poster management system is designed to exploit the maximum possibilities of their devices and thus see your movies in the best possible conditions.

http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?threads/posterwall-ht4-0.87599/

-------------

[​IMG]

Zidoo UI customization Z1000Pro/UHD3000

Zidoo offers a folder containing an APK and a guide for the modification of the homepage of the UI ''Cancer

https://mega.nz/file/8EARSAKD#uLpINpTrA4Zh4q5oiYyLKo0P-E9I9ihbZ36BIlrdtx0

-------------

Last edited: Jun 7, 2022
    xskip and Derek Watson like this.
  9. Markswift2003

You'll have to tell us how you made such a neat job of it though!

10. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

A neat piece of software was used . :)

11. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

12. OlivierQC

All right, you won Delucas :)

[​IMG]

DELUCAS, xskip and Markswift2003 like this.
  13. Markswift2003

We obviously have similar hobbies :)

Lab.jpg

14. Markswift2003

Lol

DELUCAS likes this.
  15. Markswift2003

Well played!

16. OlivierQC

Hello Mark,

That's it, I'm jealous, it's a magnificent installation :)

It reminds me of Ramy RC who does modeling and has an installation that looks like yours.

https://www.youtube.com/user/ramyfrah

17. Markswift2003

OMG!

I used to fly model helicopters (still have them in the garage!) but those are just something else! I've seen plenty of remote control jets before, but I've never seen jet airliner models before - awesome, just awesome.

18. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

You, know I wondered if he used a Dremel. Was going to post but thought "no don't be a clever sod". All those photos reveal too many people have too much spare time on their hands lol

19. OlivierQC

Yes, I followed the construction of the A350 and the G650 with his videos and one can say that he has the concern of the small detail well done.

20. OlivierQC

Hello rozel,

It's true that I have a lot of free time at the moment and it's good to talk about other things than the little problems we have with our Zidoo :)

and let's think about Mirror and his team who is working very hard during this time. :D

Markswift2003 likes this.