My Z9X Is stuck on RGB 8Bit

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Nicholas Hewitt, May 24, 2021.

1. Nicholas Hewitt

Nicholas Hewitt Active Member

Don't know how to get it back to playing the files format. Instead it plays everything on RGB 8bit

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

You're going to have to elaborate a bit.

What did you change?

3. Nicholas Hewitt

I have everything set to the recommended settings. Every time the zidoo boots it flickers once then the blacks look a lot lighter so changing something and then changing it back fixes the issues with the blacks. It was deep color comp that I changed, but the changed it back.

4. Markswift2003

What TV do you have and is it Dolby Vision?

5. Nicholas Hewitt

Yes, it supports everything fine. Everything was working fine a few days ago. I also changed HDMI signal format and when I switch it to standard format the screen goes black like it's doing something but does nothing when I change it back to enhanced. Even after a power down.

6. Markswift2003

What do you have set for:

Display/HDR
    Display/Color Settings/4K 50~60Hz
    Display/Color Settings/4K 23~30Hz
    Display/Color Settings/Non-4K
    Display/Color Settings/HDMI Range

?

7. Nicholas Hewitt

Hdr - Dolby Vision VS10 Engine for sdr,hdr content.
    4k/60hz - 422 10bit
    4k/30hz - 444 12bit
    Non 4k/ 444 8bit
    Hdmi range - auto

8. Markswift2003

Ok, so if your TV supports Dolby Vision and will support Standard Dolby Vision and you have Dolby Vision Compatibility set to "Standard" then all content will be played at 8-bit RGB (HDMI tunneled) Dolby Vision.

Try these settings:

Display/HDR: Auto
    Display/Color Settings/4K 50~60Hz: Priority YUV420 10BIT
    Display/Color Settings/4K 23~30Hz: Priority YUV444 10BIT
    Display/Color Settings/Non-4K: Priority YUV444 8BIT
    Display/Color Settings/HDMI Range: 16-235

9. Nicholas Hewitt

if I use 16-235 I get a black screen when my system boots, and only pressing the resolution button can get it back to where I can see the screen. Then I can put it back on 2160p.

10. Nicholas Hewitt

I also want to use the VS10 Engine for non-DV content. I have it on LLDV now. Is there any difference between using the VS10 engine for non-dolby vision content and using LLDV?

11. Markswift2003

Something odd there, but Auto works fine too - 16-235 is the correct setting for video content so I just select that as a belt and braces approach.

12. Markswift2003

Selecting "VS10 engine for xxx" acts exactly like Auto with the exception that the VS10 engine selects the best available mode according to the TV (SDR, HDR or DV) for "xxx" content.

If your TV supports DV, then VS10 outputs DV and if it supports both TV led (standard) and Player led (LLDV) DV the type of DV output depends on the "DV compatibility mode" in settings.

If you TV supports Player led DV (whether it supports TV led or not), the LLDV option becomes available and that means that all content, including the GUI, is output in Plaer led LLDV.

Your best bet is probably LLDV then everything spits out in DV regardless of content.

13. Nicholas Hewitt

Yeah if I select 16-235 I get a white and grey snowy screen with really loud noise clicks like an old car shifting gears then after a minute the screen returns to normal, but if I reboot the home screen flashes for a second then it goes black and the only way to get it back is to press the resolution button.

14. Nicholas Hewitt

Thanks! I'll leave it on that then.