My X9S Review

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by hdmkv, Sep 25, 2016.

1. hdmkv

hdmkv Active Member Beta test group

Here it is; feedback welcome.

In case some of you guys don't visit Kodi forums :).

freeroc and HaoSs like this.
  2. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Could you include testing for DVD playback in Folder and ISO format including MENU support. I do understand you may not like DVD PQ but as a classic movie lover still have plenty of those. Lots of very good oldies still never released on BD (frankly some released look to be up-scaled only but others are re-mastered gorgeously).

3. hdmkv

Yes, just need to dig up a DVD from vault (should have a retail disc laying around somewhere in my home) ;).

4. hdmkv

DVD menu shows up, but you can't do anything w/it w/native player. Directional buttons, OK button, don't work; stays stuck on DVD menu. With ZDMC, DVD menu is usable.

5. spring

spring Guest

we have fix this bug, we will release it with V1.2.4.
    thx!

6. PacoRabanne

PacoRabanne Well-Known Member Beta test group

Are you able to access DVD directly (i.e. putting it in an external USB DVD drive) or have you "ripped" it as ISO or VIDEO_TS folder?
    ...I asked some times for direct (native) DVD support (UDF 1.5 or better UDF 2.5/2.6) in X6 Pro, with no success... :( ...

Last edited: Sep 27, 2016
  7. hdmkv

Ripped DVD to ISO. Will wait for f/w 1.2.4 and re-test.

8. gridlock

gridlock Member

hi hdmkv.....
    when i change the hdmi resolution on the x9s to 1080p 60 and reboot after that , the screen display on my 4K tv (samsung js9500) gets reddish and sometimes with over-saturated colors.... the only way to fix it is to change the hdmi source through the remote or switch on and off the tv.
    kindly can you check out such a regression.
    thanks a lot

9. hdmkv

Hi there. Haven't experienced that issue w/my Vizio 4K TV, but it's an 8-bit non-HDR display. Only issue I have is X9S continually asking me to change resolution to 1080p/60 when I'm trying to play any 4K video.

10. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

X9S the frameswitch follow fps first rule,If it will be reduce the resolution,will be asking users to confirm,your TV cant support 4K@60?

Last edited: Sep 28, 2016
  11. hdmkv

My TV (this Vizio) does support 4K@60 via its 4K@60 to port.