Music Player inconveniences and suggested improvements

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Nice Monkey, Jun 3, 2022.

1. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

I hope the large update pause means a big update is coming for Music Player 7?

Nobody to comment to the list or add missing items in the mean time?
    Plan to do a new detailed review when back home in October with the next FW update.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2022
  2. Pretzel Man

Pretzel Man New Member

I am a brand new user of Zidoo. I installed my Z1000 Pro yesterday and have been playing with it today.

Take this with a grain of salt as there may be my ignorance involved.

Music Player doesn't seem to like commas. For instance, Blood, Sweat and Tears scrapes as two artists (Bloor, Sweat & Tears). The same happened with Emerson, Lake & Palmer.
    I don't like that there is no way to fix this in Music Player. Plex gave me ways to correct things like this and even Kodi could work if I editied the Tags.

If an artist is wrong, I saw no way to edit for a rematch...

It looks like Music Player doesn't read the Disc Number tag? For instance, I have some directories for a disc with the same track twice. One is disc 1, and the other is disc 2.

Music Player Artist View shows me the albums under that artist. The Mobile App, doesn't do that. If I pick an artist, I just see all the songs.

I like the Plex options, but Plex won't play high resolution Music, so I am trying Zidoo.

For whatever reason (and it is likely user error), High Resolution Six Channel FLAC seems to lock up. I tried this on two receivers, and both locked up.

3. Nice Monkey

Using "Automatic updating sources" is a bad idea when you have a big collection as I do.
    As it will redo the whole scanning process again each time.

Updated for FW v6.4(7).42 which results in indeed the red items being solved.
    My current verdict for MP7 is changed to 'usable' accordingly. That is to say for a Neo class player. There are still many items to be looked at and I am not very sure yet it is all stable?

The playback of SACD ISO's (both 2CH and MCH) is actually very nicely implemented with this FW and worth mentioning.
    For an entry level like a Z9Z the music player is good and including advanced features.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2022
    gymnos, boolian and dr4go like this.
  4. mirak

mirak Member

For my opinion the verdict is still useless without the new Zidoo Controller App.
    Its search mode is awfull !

fsim2000 and boolian like this.
  5. Nice Monkey

Please specify in detail what is wrong with it. Only that can help developers improving it.

No it is not good yet but usable yes. Use it mostly myself with Zidoo Controller or the Neo Front Panel (TV Off). Never use the search feature, if I look up something use my PC (Total Commander) connected via SMB Server on Zidoo.

6. mirak

mirak Member

The new MP7 searching function (sorted mode) is now fine.
    BUT I would like the same for the Zidoo Controller App.

7. Nice Monkey

Thanks' that helps developers. ;)

8. Jarrod

Jarrod Member

I would like to see an update for multichannel playback of Roon files via HDMI!

9. Nice Monkey

And a new red flagged problem. Using media Library to start playback is a very normal way to start music playback and should definitely remain available.
    Use it for instance to try out a new album to see if I like it or not. Can edit the folder next to my liking using Media Library features.

21) MP7 can hardly be operated via Media Library anymore.

MP7 hardly works anymore when controlled via Media Center since FW 6. 4(7).42 was introduced. One is now implicitly obliged to take the scraping route and start title/album playback via the integrated library choices after scraping completes for selected folders.

gymnos likes this.
  10. Nice Monkey

22) My Neo Alpha plays MCH SACD only in 2 CH when the TV is turned off/disconnected.
    Only when the TV is ON with an image MCH will play/detected. Obviously this is not desired as specifically MP7 should work with above all Neo models without even a TV being connected.

I am using obviously Dual HDMI outputs to enjoy DSD output via HDMI with this.
    Warning: This does not happen using my Z9X using this same FW!!!!!

gymnos likes this.
  11. Six66Mike

Six66Mike Member

My email to Zidoo support:

I scanned a folder with a variety of different songs and have a few issues. On the Tracks screen, the genres along the top of the page are entirely irrelevant for the ID3 tags that actually exist. None of the songs are pop, R&B, classical, jazz, blues, Hip-Hop or Other yet these genres are displayed. Why aren't the ID3 tags recognized and displayed as actual content rather than a default list? Similarly on the Album Artists screen, beside All there are things like Inland, Occidental, Japan, Korean. Again, none of these are in my library so I'm not sure why they are being displayed instead of content from the library itself?

The only response they gave was:

Currently songs are not catogrized by ID3 tags, engineers will estimate whether it is possible to add it in the future.

So my feedback is don't show any content in MP7 unless it's part of the library. Don't show me classical, jazz, blues etc. or show me Inland, Occidental etc. unless it's in my collection. And ID3 tags have been around nearly 25 years now, don't call it a music player if it can't use them.