Music Player customer choices/setup needed!

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1296)' started by Nice Monkey, Apr 10, 2020.

1. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Now that HT2 updates .. is so popular I hope to trigger a similar thing for MP5.
    This till general FW releases are coming once more. I am getting the impression everybody is still ill from corona in China?

Things which I feel are essential to come (next to fixes) as basic functionality. Next to these basic features it may be made smart with all kind of fancy features which obviously can be turned off individually like Lyrics now. There is a double reason for disabling real time / background features:
    - Keeping the functionality simple and overseeable according to preferences
    - Avoiding negative impact on the core function being playing music as pure as possible.

1) The cover used for the Disc (turning so nicely on Zidoo Controller too):
    At the moment it mostly will be showing the wrong album, which a kind of starts irritating me.

Add a setting in MP5 setup for "Cover preference" with priority assignment;
    1st - Derived from Folder.jpg or Cover.jpg found in the folder of the song being played
    ____A jpg matching the folder name could potentially be added too?
    2nd - Use cover embedded in the tag header for MP3/FLAC/DSF etc
    3rd - From the Zidoo created database using scraping
    (4th - Derived from Gracenote CDDB and stored into the matching folder automatically)

It should be possible to change this priority according user preference

2) Artist/Album/Song Title information
    Frequently this is (partially) correct now
    1st - Derived from Directory information + filename
    ____ Keep in mind people may use different field separators (I use " - " myself as many do)
    _______Best be made a choice too via an additional option.
    ____ Using of a sequence number field is mandatory but actually may be 1, 2 or 3 positions
    _______Should always result in the correct playlist sorting order which it does not do now
    ____Directory typically named
    _______Artist - Album
    _______Various Artists or VA - Album (for Collection Albums)
    ____File name typically named
    _______SN - Song
    _______SN - Artist(s) - Song (will override the Artist derived from the Directory name including VA albums
    2nd - Derived from the tag header for MP3/FLAC/DSF etc
    3rd - From the Zidoo created database using intelligent scraping
    (4th - Derived from Gracenote CDDB and stored into the matching folder automatically)

It should be possible to change this priority according user preference. If "None" is used as a choice then that alternative is disabled/unused. If all are set to "None" just the filename will be used.

I probably prefer the Gracenote CDDB lookup as a manual action to be done on request.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2020
    karipu likes this.