Music Player 6.0

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Mabon, Sep 5, 2020.

1. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

The disc spinning may have been deleted to save resources for some CPU intensive track playback variants. I would like to see it an option, similar to lyrics.

2. Rajiv Kumar

Rajiv Kumar New Member

Thanks for the confirmation Nice...So for the music player can u confirm that using any older version or downgrading will resolve the below issue -- "Sorry Nice but do you mean it is a problem with the player version 6 and if yes then until the Zidoo team releases a stable solution can we downgrade it to a lower version

If yes Nice, then can you please advise which will be the most stable version below Music Player 6 to install.

**** Sorry for bothering you Nice but kindly guide as I am a newbie to Zidoo...:)

3. ATROX

ATROX New Member

I have Zidoo Z10 Pro.
    And where did the equalizer disappear?
    Firmware 6.0.66
    Equalizer coming in the future? I really need it!
    And DSD (SACD) convert to PCM... Its no good for my.

gymnos and Osmar like this.
  4. Rajiv Kumar

Rajiv Kumar New Member

Dear Nice,

Until the revised and clean version of Music Player 6 comes, can you please advise if I can use another version of the music player as the biggest problem with my current music player 6 is - ""I can see all my music albums in the music folder which is in the players internal hard disk. When I am trying to add my Music folder as a source in the Music Player 6 of Zidoo, it is not adding the folders or scanning it automatically except some random 112 music files. "" Kindly help me with a solution...

5. Nice Monkey

There are many Music Player APP's that will work. Some use the one from KODI. Some APP's even work with external USB DAC's.
    USB Audio Player Pro and HiBy Music are good examples for USB DAC's The main problem is that most Music APP's are developed for Smart phones and need a Pointer Mouse and also the TV must be kept ON for selection. Only a few support HD Audio and SACD.

I am always using Media Center to select my album and next play that one. That works well functionally reproducing the sound as it should. Why MP6 insists on using its own metadata and not reading MP3/FLAC ID2/3 TAGS and using folder.jpg for album art???

Last edited: Nov 25, 2020
    karipu and Mabon like this.
  6. McBluna

McBluna Well-Known Member

As far as I know online scraping is still broken in the latest versions of MP. I'm not even sure if there is v6.x that ever worked. MP6 is a system application and so you're not able to uninstall it.
    I can provide you a download link to the last v5 if you want and try to downgrade.

Mabon likes this.
  7. Rajiv Kumar

Rajiv Kumar New Member

Yes Mc if you can please share the link for V5 and also if u can please guide me as how I can downgrade it as it will be very much helpful...

8. Rajiv Kumar

Rajiv Kumar New Member

Hi,
    While playing music on Zidoo Music Player V6.0 I am able to see Disc 1 and Disc 2 of music album both on my albums list but is there a provision that I can only see the Album on my list instead the list of sub folders or the list of discs inside the album.

Please advise and support...

9. Comporellon

Comporellon New Member

Hi!
    I found a strange thing. I think it's a bug but please somebody check it.
    When I play 44/48/96/192KHz 24bit flac or any dsd on my Z1000pro with MP my home cinema processor says it is 16 bits.
    The sampling rate is okay, but the bit value only 16.

When I watch movies or music videos with dts or dolby sound everything is fine.

Any ideas?

10. Whitfield

Whitfield Active Member

I have added a NFS shared music-folder to the Music-player. In this folder is a bunch of FLAC files from various artists.
    When I choose "Artist" in the left column to get the alphabetical view in the main window, nothing happens. Am I to conclude that the music-player can't read FLAC tags or can I be doing something wrong? The tags are definitely in the files.

11. McBluna

McBluna Well-Known Member

From my experience MP6 uses only the filenames for local scraping and not the tags for both mp3 and flacs. But I might be wrong. I gave it up pretty fast since I don't really have use case for zidoo playing my music.

12. Whitfield

Whitfield Active Member

That's a major disappointment to learn. Quite unbelievable that a modern musicplayer can't read tags these days.
    I have some old mediaplayers running on charcoal that are able to. Surely hope that Zidoo will pick this up and go work on the issue.

Anyways, thanks for your information, McBluna.

13. dferregu

dferregu Member

Dear friends. Is there any way to edit (on pc, for instance with NOTEPAD) the zidoo Music Player 6 playlist? I have a "christmas2020" playlist that i would like to edit on my windows because it is more quickly and usefull.
    best regards
    david

14. Nice Monkey

I use SMB Server on my player and do all file editing/management always from my PC.
    Be sure to go up one directory level on Zidoo Media Center after doing so to include any changes made when accessing a specific directory.

@McBluna You are right and I absolutely don't understand the why of that. They also ignore folder.jpg when present.

15. Nice Monkey

Very few AMP's and TV's report the sample size, my Onkyo RZ720 does not. I can't check myself but it could be that MP6 ignores the size?
    I hope others with fancier setups will verify this.

16. dferregu

dferregu Member

Thank you very much. It works.
    ¿Do you now the folder where playlist is?

Best regards

17. Nice Monkey

No idea never use them. Just play albums myself.

18. ofir

ofir Member

Is it possible to hear DTS with Music Player 6
    When I play DTS AUDIO I hear in stereo
    In a DUNE player I hear the same files in DTS

19. Nice Monkey

DTS-CD's play in DTS MCH just fine (with a very few exceptions). Do this all the time.

20. Comporellon

Comporellon New Member

Hi!
    Thank you for your reply.
    I have Emotiva XMC-2 and it definitely says that the input signal (via HDMI) only 16 bit in that case (MP 6).
    I tried playing with the settings and found that if I disable the option in settings to keep the original sample rate than the output will be fixed to 48k/24 bit.
    It is a joke.