Music Player 6.0

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Mabon, Sep 5, 2020.

1. Mabon

Mabon Active Member

Last edited: Jan 4, 2022
  2. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Music Player 6 is work in progress and a lot of work needs to be done on it. I am pretty confident that will come for sure but don't aks me when.

Waiting for it myself anxiously. But one can use ZDMC v18.8 Music Player now at least as an alternative doing a decent job including gapless playback.

Mabon likes this.
  3. snapo6

snapo6 Member

Can we have manual update of album poster in case Zidoo don't find it?
    Which scrapper is used by Zidoo?

4. Nice Monkey

Will this work per album/folder or with subfolders too?

5. fsim2000

fsim2000 New Member

I am also not very happy with the music player. My music is tagged (using mp3tag) and the folder-structure is pretty simple:

+ Artist folder
    - folder.jpg (artist)
    + Album 1 folder
    - folder.jpg (album-art)
    - cdart.png (cd-art)
    - 01 - Artist - Song Title 1.mp3
    - 02 - Artist - Song Title 2.mp3
    + Album 2 folder

MP recognizes my files well, but why there is only an album view (for all albums regardless the artist) and an artist view (for all albums)? What I would really need is a view for artist - then a subview per album and then the titles sorted from 1-x.

Also the folder.jpg in the artist folder is not recognized. Not a big thing but it would be nice to have the possibility to add the picture manually (like in HT)

Finally (just a cosmetic thing) I would prefer to change the shown cover manually (like in HT) and to use either folder.jpg and/or cdart.png

Mabon likes this.
  6. Nice Monkey

These and many more changes were suggested. It is now wait and see what Zidoo comes up with. ;)
    I have just the feeling a big update is coming?

MP6 in fact included a few of my own suggested changes but broke SACD ISO playback unfortunately. :eek:
    The latest FW updates did not bring anything new for MP6 :(

Mabon likes this.
  7. snapo6

snapo6 Member

Thanks for the info @Mabon. Album Art downloader is a great tool, like it very much.
    Updated a folder in suggested format with 25 albums and imported in Z1000 Pro.

This is the result
    - 25 albums are shown in the folder but only 16 in the "Album" overview
    - from the 16 in "Album" overview 4 albums shows a wrong cover (my own folder contains the correct cover)

Agree with all of you for a great MP 7.0 taking the 'shortcomings' into consideration.

Mabon likes this.
  8. snapo6

snapo6 Member

I've only reggae albums which I would expect to be listed as "other". Just checked 1 number listed as "pop", remaining as "other"

9. snapo6

snapo6 Member

Just had a look. Cannt you delete the back cover from the source and do an source update in Zidoo player?

10. snapo6

snapo6 Member

Found a way to have all 25 albums in the "Album" overview.
    Go to Settings in Musicplayer and update Scan setting to local ..... worked for me

11. snapo6

snapo6 Member

Looking for some clarification.
    - what's the meaning of Single Cycle and List Cycle when playing an album?
    - when I play an album songs are not played in same sequence as on the album, what's the correct setting to just play the album as is and stop after the last song?
    - Album overview shows all the albums sorted on album name which is shown below the album picture. In some cases also artist name is shown just below the album name, how is the artist name triggered in this overview as I would like to have this for all my albums?

12. Nice Monkey

Single Cycle = Repeat One Song
    List Cycle = Repeat Play List
    Shuffle Play = Random Play
    List Play = Play Playlist and stop (strange enough still not the default, but kept once set)
    List Play was added on my own request as List Cycle was used instead.
    The symbols/icons are unique but pretty self explaining.

Lot of work in progress for scanning, options, display and features.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2020
    Mabon likes this.
  13. snapo6

snapo6 Member

Thanks for the fast reply.
    Don't have the 'Play' option and single cycle is not working as it should be!

14. Nice Monkey

Which player with what FW? Using Z9X with FW 6.0.35 as a reference.
    You need the latest FW for that extra List Play option (MP6).
    Also checked Single Cycle which works fine with me. Keeps repeating the same song!

15. snapo6

snapo6 Member

Sorry have overlooked 'List Play' so I have the play option.

Have the latest fw and gonna recheck the single cycle option.
    Edit: sorry is working fine, think that I was confused with list cycle!

16. Nice Monkey

Playback problems reported to Zidoo with MP6 (not being change or feature requests)
    1) There is a up to a second sound loss at the start of every track. This is being caused by the PCM stream being stopped and started per title. The AMP needs to kick in and adjust to the format per track as a consequence. Per brand/model the time needed will vary. It can be solved by keeping the PCM stream going with idles between tracks.
    2) Only 2 tracks/songs being played with SACD ISO playback via Media Center. Occurs when started playback via Media Center! Works correctly using MP6 Folder/Album selection to my surprise. In principle that is a bypass but obviously that Folder must be created then first within MP6 which may be a problem in itself due to implicit scraping.

Zidoo is looking at these and hope they will be solved soon.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2020
    Osmar, fsim2000 and Mabon like this.
  17. snapo6

snapo6 Member

Zidoo app is missing List Play and when you open an album track numbers are in alphabetical order, these are not equal to Zidoo FW showing the options List Cycle, Single Cycle, List Play and Shuffle play and when you open an album tracks are sorted by number.

Osmar likes this.
  18. Rajiv Kumar

Rajiv Kumar New Member

Hi,

I can see all my music albums in the music folder which is in the players internal hard disk. When I am trying to add my Music folder as a source in the Music Player 6 of Zidoo, it is not adding the folders or scanning it automatically except some random 112 music files. Can anyone please guide me if I am doing anything wrong and --

1. What is the best way that the Music Player 6 can recognize the folder ?
    2. Updates it as and when I add new folders or Music albums in the folder
    3. Finally I am not able to find or activate the "Disc Spinning or Rotation" while the music is playing. Please help as how to enable the same in Zidoo Music Player 6.

Looking forward to your guidance and support to achieve the above...

Regards
    Rajiv

19. Nice Monkey

Wait like me for update(s) to come. I feel they are doing many things in parallel and Music HiFi was delayed it seems? Installing the most recent FW improves a couple of things but not what you mention.

20. Rajiv Kumar

Rajiv Kumar New Member

Sorry Nice but do you mean it is a problem with the player version 6 and if yes then until the Zidoo team releases a stable solution can we downgrade it to a lower version and also kindly share your inputs on the disc spinning part please