Music Player 3.0

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by p98, Jan 19, 2019.

1. p98

p98 New Member

When a folder is added and scanned, over 90% of songs are matched wrongly (incorrect singer and album). In fact, my music files (majority ALAC) contain metadata which include song name, singer name and album name. Is it possible to make Music Player 3.0 to read the metadata of the music files when scanning and matching ? It is unlikely for users to rematch several thousands songs one by one after adding a folder. Any ways to solve this problems? Thanks a lot.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2019
    Юрий Гандев likes this.
  2. JBA6

JBA6 Member

Hi p98,
    If you check this thread:
    http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?threads/zidoo-music-3-0-coming-soon.10768/page-3
    You'll see from my posts which are numbered 38 and 52 in the thread that I've already reported these problems.

In my view, as it stands, Music 3.0 is completely useless as a music player and because there are no other dedicated music playing apps that are in my opinion viable on the Zidoo players (I've tried a lot and they all have limitations or are impossible to navigate with a Zidoo or similar handset) at present the best alternative is ZDMC or the regular Kodi. Both of these happily recognise all my ripped and tagged tracks correctly, play them with a good sound quality and include an easy to navigate user interface. Some others object to ZDMC/Kodi resampling tracks to 48KHz on playback but for me on my system they sound great whether they've been resampled to that frequency or not.

As I've also previously written one possible alternative on the horizon is the JRiver Android app which is currently being developed. It's already available as beta but there's no free evaluation download available so I haven't tried it on my X9S. Plex also looked promising and not too expensive but I found it difficult to navigate on the Zidoo and even more importantly it's not gapless on the Zidoo even though Plex have recently made a big fuss about now having gapless music playback. From my tests it's only gapless on Android phones so far. When or if it might get this feature on Windows PCs or a Zidoo or other Android TV box is unknown. Roon is another popular alternative but for me it's simply too expensive.

--
    JB

3. p98

p98 New Member

Hi JB,

Thank you for your reply and sharing!

Hope that Zidoo will make Music Player 3.0 smarter to read the tags of music files when matching soon. Thank you.

4. GoldBar

GoldBar Member

I don't understand why Zidoo spends so much effort to re-invent the wheel.
    I just use for over a year now Jet Audio pro ...great music player that works perfectly on Zidoo X9S

dr4go likes this.
  5. dr4go

dr4go Member

@ GoldBar: Thanks for sharing, will give it a try.

6. JBA6

JBA6 Member

Thanks to GoldBar for the suggestion to try JetAudio by which I assume you mean JetAudio HD Music Player.
    I found on my Zidoo X9S running firmware 2.1.22 that it was only partially compatible with the handset, I had to switch to mouse mode to control it fully. I also found it re-sampled all tracks to 48KHz. I couldn't get it to display artwork when listing by Artists or Albums. It does show the total number of tracks in an album but not it's total duration. As might be expected the free version includes adverts.

All of the above make it nowhere near as good as ZDMC/Kodi for me but it was fun trying it out.
    --
    JB

dr4go likes this.
  7. dr4go

dr4go Member

@ JBA6: Do you use ZDMC or Kodi for playing your audio files? Do you even have the plain Kodi installed? Thanks in advance.

8. JBA6

JBA6 Member

I use ZDMC v17.6 with the Confluence skin.
    I find the Confluence skin easier to work with and it gives more information in the album listing and for the playing song than the new default Estuary skin.
    --
    JB

dr4go likes this.
  9. Trepa Trepa

Trepa Trepa New Member

Kodi 18 Leia, upgraded from 17.4 this week, and working fine, but I prefer the music player 3.0 since it has the Karaoke function that my kids love to watch and to sing ;)
    Can anyone help me to scan more them 50.000 songs from a folder ? In my case the music player scan kills the app during the scan and I can not have all the music inventory(around 110.000 musics) inside the player list. Many thanks.