Movie wall help needed please

Discussion in 'ZIDOO Z9S' started by barrad, Sep 5, 2019.

1. Schumy

Schumy Member

Tried your suggestion, doesn't work unfortunately. Thanks anyway. Most other movies can be added to a long list of different collections like your case. Below photos show my problem:

20200225_201955.jpg 20200225_202033.jpg

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Well, you've definitely found a weird one!

Another possible workaround - delete the X-Men & Wolverine Collections ("disband collection" I think Zidoo call it), create a new collection using Logan as above and call it X-Men then try add the other X-Men movies back into it...

Then similar with Robocop.

I'd do a database backup first...

3. Schumy

Schumy Member

Creating a new collection would require I provide the cover and background jpeg it won't automatically search for jpegs online for me to select. Not worth the hassle. Thanks :)

4. Inikad

Inikad Active Member

Same problem with the last firmware version on my Z10. Before, I could add a movie to any existing collection easily, now that's impossible. If the movie is not listed in the TMDB collection, you can't add it manually like before.

In your case, Logan is not in the X-Men collection but the Wolverine collection on TMDB. Robocop collection aggregate only the trilogy, not the remake. That's why you only have the "new collection" option. I tried a fresh new scan of my movies after a reset factory but same result. The collection management was much better with the previous firmware.

5. Markswift2003

Which firmware version and which version of HT2 are you running?

6. Inikad

Inikad Active Member

Firmware version 2.3.10, the last one for the Z10. HT2 version si 2.6.5

Last edited: Feb 26, 2020
  7. Schumy

Schumy Member

Mine is v2.3.15_G and HT2 v2.6.7

8. Markswift2003

I'll check and confirm later but I'm on v2.2.96 (and not budging an inch!) so I think HT2 is v2.5.something..

Looks like something got "improved" ;) in the transition from .5 to .6 ...

**edit**

Yep - HT2 version 2.5.1

Think I'll stick for a while.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2020
  9. Markswift2003

10. Markswift2003

Since there are a few big firmware changes coming I thought I'd buy a second Z9S to test stuff on (I don't want to mess with the one I use in the theatre since it's so stable - that's staying at v2.2.96 until I'm sure later firmware is stable!)

This new box arrived with v2.2.97 installed and HT2 v2.7.1

So HT2 v2.7.1 has the same issue you both describe - inability to add movies to collections on the main poster wall.

However, if you go to the web interface at http://<ip_address>:9528 and go into "Collection Management" there, you can add movies to collections as normal.

11. Schumy

Schumy Member

Thanks Mark for your advice, the web interface workes. Glad that I have learned a new way due to this HT2 bug.

12. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

IMG_3955.JPG

Markswift2003 likes this.
  13. Markswift2003

14. I apologize.......

for Web Interface, do you mean to switch on the Zidoo and then on the Browser of any PC in the same network, enter the address, or on which Web interface, must you enter with the indicated address?

Thank you so much in advance and cordial greetings, Andrea.

15. Markswift2003

Yes, make sure the Zidoo is switched on, then on a browser on the same network enter:

http://ip_address:9528

So for example if the IP Address of the Zidoo is 192.168.0.55, you enter http://192.168.0.55:9528

The :9528 part is the port.

16. Already tried but nothing opens to me !!!!!!!!!!!

17. Markswift2003

Check the address in settings/about in HT2 (or scan the QR code):

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

18. Thank you, in fact I entered this way .........

Thanks again, cordial greetings, Andrea

19. Schumy

Schumy Member

New question, appreciate your advice - I want to move some movies files to a new harddisk, so the "source" locations (at least the hard drive letter, and probably the folder name/path too) in HT2 will change. Is there any way to back up and restore the data base settings (match info, collection info, movie poster images etc) in this case?

Many thanks

20. lic

lic Member Zidoo TECH Supporter

Sources -> Menu (on your new source) -> Synchronize data from other source

Schumy and Markswift2003 like this.