Movie special features

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by Ben Smith, Apr 22, 2022.

1. Ben Smith

Ben Smith New Member

Hey forum,

After 5 years using the Shield and Kodi I've started using the Zidoo to avoid all of the recent issues I've had with kodi such as most of my 4K files not playing smoothly anymore, tried factory resets + all new kodi software updates etc.

Anyway really enjoying the Zidoo and the poster wall etc. Only issue I have is how the heck do you manage to get the discs special features in the same folder as the movie, as they all appear in their own dedicated folders. The movies all scraped really well with only a few coming up with a very few random posters haha.

Best regards
    Ben

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Have a look at the attached file under "2. A/B/C... Box Custom Names"

You could for example name your movie and special features like:

MovieName.(1#Main Movie).mkv
    MovieName.(2#Special Features).mkv
    MovieName.(3#Bonus Disc).mkv

etc...

They then appear as separate selections in the movie details page.

Ideally they should be in the same folder, but I think it'd work in separate folders too (never tried). Obviously if BDMV structures then you name the parent folders rather than files.

Attached Files:

3. Ben Smith

Ben Smith New Member

Awesome thank you so much for that, looks very useful.

My NAS is basically just made up of movie MKV + special feature MKV all in same folder so should be ok.

Came across the Bulk Rename Utility, would this work if I access my NAS via Explorer?

4. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Absolutely - I use Bulk Rename Utility too - it's probably one of the most useful programs I have!