Mouse judders v1.0.13

Discussion in 'ZIDOO H6 Pro' started by Simon Wheway, Dec 19, 2017.

1. Simon Wheway

Simon Wheway New Member Beta test group

New box mouse juddered in some apps and in settings but not on main screen. Updated to v13 and a little better but not right.
    Mouse is Rio mini i25.
    My son and a friend bought the same boxes the same day and have stayed on v11 with the same mouse and do not get this problem.
    I thought maybe interference so I put my sons box exactly where mine is using same mouse and cables and no problem with it - so suggests hardware so sending it back to amazon.

2. freeroc

freeroc Active Member

If you have not send it back , you may should try factory reset to exclude the software factors.

3. Simon Wheway

Sorry should have said, I did that before doing the upgrade and also tried a wired mouse which does the same. I compared all settings with my sons box and it’s identical. All 3 USB ports behave the same. I’ll hang onto it for a few days if you want some diagnostics doing.

4. freeroc

freeroc Active Member

5. Simon Wheway

Yes. As you move it it sort of judders jumping a few millimetres back and forth. As I said it’s ok on the main app home screen, it only judders in apps. I also noticed it in the settings app. I can send you a screen recording if you want.

6. freeroc

freeroc Active Member

OK. I'd like to have a screen recording. thx

7. leonkoum

leonkoum Active Member Beta test group

I have the same problem..
    I have the latest firmware

8. Simon Wheway

- uploaded to Youtube - let me know if you need anything else or can do a video call via duo.

leonkoum likes this.
  9. Ayokoya

Ayokoya Member

May I suggest that you play a medium resolution video via the USB drive to see if it stutters badly to see if it is a USB chipset problem or mouse handler issue. Also, it would be nice if you can take a picture of the serial number for the Zidoo folks so that they can locate your returned box and root cause the problem to improve their product quality. From what I gather, Leonkoun has a similar issue, and who knows how many others there out that hasn't been reported, or they are not using mouse to encounter this problem

10. Simon Wheway

What do you mean by medium quality?

11. Simon Wheway

I tried an old copy of a 2 hour video which is mp4 800mb and also a 2 hour film which is mp4 1.4Gb and both play fine.
    I also noticed, contrary to what I said before, that there is mouse movement judder on the home screen when you move it slowly.
    I've uploaded a pic of the plate and will start the return replacement with Amazon UK now.
    I'll let you know how I get on with the replacement box.
    Thanks again for your help.

Attached Files:

12. freeroc

freeroc Active Member

Is it possible for you to deliver this box to China directly?
    Once you upload the deliver's receipt , we'll give you a free-coupon to get another h6pro for free from amazon, and compensate the deliver fee.

13. Simon Wheway

I’ve already sent it back sorry.

14. freeroc

freeroc Active Member

It's OK. we are trying to reproduce this issue

15. Simon Wheway

Here's the return info. Amazon should be able to send it to you.

Attached Files:

16. Simon Wheway

Solved what's causing it!
    New box arrived and behaves the same. Did lots of testing and narrowed it down to when you make the screen size a bit smaller (using the Screen Position setting) to fit the TV screen. When at 100% its fine but as soon as you lower it the mouse flickers on some screens (I use the Bluetooth amendment screen to check it). I upgraded to v13 and it's the same. Also solved why it doesn't happen on my sons - he has a 4K TV so he doesn't need to change the screen size but if he does he gets the same problem. Mine is an older HD TV so I run it at 1080P 60Hz.
    Over to you to fix please Mr Zidoo :)

17. freeroc

freeroc Active Member

Got you. Thanks for lots of test. We're working on the issue now.

18. Simon Wheway

I’ve asked to be in the beta group for the fix please.

19. freeroc

freeroc Active Member

You're in . Please test it now