@mirror - bug with DV 23.976 output and LG C8/C9

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by DaMacFunkin, Sep 26, 2020.

1. mago3

mago3 New Member

Hi,
    For the black screen problem I found the solution by connecting the Z9X to the AV receiver, but another problem occurs to me, a few minutes after starting a DV mkv movie or it stops or goes in slow motion, this does not happen to me with other players.

2. DaMacFunkin

DaMacFunkin Active Member

Still no firmware in UK, I have been e-mailing LG support all week from various e-mail addresses yet had no reply.
    Grrrr.

3. DaMacFunkin

I personally think that is a cache problem and not entirely related to this.

4. Polypenko

Polypenko Active Member

I been mailing with LG in the Netherlands, I received a reply "we are working very hard on a solution, however are unable to advise when same
    will be released to the public"

So we will have to wait, but since an update for the c9 was meanwhile released, they know how to solve this issue only hope the older models are not more
    complicated to solve.

5. DaMacFunkin

Today?
    :)

6. DaMacFunkin

Had a reply from LG UK...

I am keen to assist you with this. I would like to make you aware that we are currently testing firmware versions to fix these issues on our UK models and if all of the testings goes to plan, we are aiming to have this update released at the end of November for the 2019 models.

End of November.... ffs.

7. jwort93

jwort93 Member

UK C9 firmware v05.00.03 is now available for manual download and installation from the LG UK website: https://www.lg.com/uk/support/software-firmware

Last edited: Oct 31, 2020
    gymnos and DaMacFunkin like this.
  8. DaMacFunkin

Well bugger me, I checked on there twice yesterday and went to bed in a huff lol.

Will try in a while, I suspect this might not be the droid I am looking for.

9. DaMacFunkin

Yep fixed... , just need better file support now, many titles and profiles that are switching to DV on the shield with Plex are only showing in HDR10 on the Zidoo.
    Just tried the problematic Doctor Sleep, obvious Red push on the Shield, not so on the Zidoo.

The game is a foot.

10. mago3

mago3 New Member

[QUOTE = "DaMacFunkin, publicación: 136384, miembro: 6409"] Personalmente creo que es un problema de caché y no está completamente relacionado con esto. [/ QUOTE]
    Please, can you explain? Thank you.

11. DaMacFunkin

If the file plays fine then starts to stutter or the system slow down after a certain amount of time (10, 20 mins) it would suggest that cache memory is getting bloated for one reason or another.

12. mago3

mago3 New Member

OK, understood.

13. DennisTheMenace

DennisTheMenace Active Member

I installed the newest c9 Firmware. And vs10 Dolby Vision @ 23hz now works for me, without resyncs.
    I tested only one Dolby Vision mkv, and the zidoo crashed, I had to do a reboot

So vs10 Dolby Vision @23 hz on a hdr 2160p movie works now.
    Dolby Vision mkv the most don't

Last edited: Oct 31, 2020
  14. DaMacFunkin

Enable ‘Enable Playback Performance mode (experimental)’ in Realtek developer options.

15. DennisTheMenace

Still not working, back to the future, don't start and I have too reboot. But I don't checked if it is mel or fel. But it would be nice if its not supported by the z9x it would play with hdr10.
    I have Installed the vlc player, it plays the video with hdr10, that's better than nothing and a freez

Sorry for my bad English

16. DaMacFunkin

Back to the future is a FEL title so probably wont play in DV on Z9X, how are you ripping your titles Dennis?

17. DennisTheMenace

With the newest make mkv. But like like I said I have to use the installed vlc player. It plays and starts fine (in hdr of course).

But I will rip it again, maybe there was an error or something

18. DaMacFunkin

Hi Dennis, even though I know it won’t play in DV as it is FEL I will rip it now with makemkv and try it.

19. DaMacFunkin

Ripped BTF with latest Makemkv, obviously it doesn’t trigger DV as it is FEL but I have no problems playing back with auto or VS10.

20. RudoSK

RudoSK New Member

Oled55b9sla on this morning update 00.05.02 install.Dolby Vision no resync.