@mirror - bug with DV 23.976 output and LG C8/C9

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by DaMacFunkin, Sep 26, 2020.

1. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

these blank screen flashes tie in to chapter changes?

if you see my post on DV issues ive found....that seems to be one or similar

2. DaMacFunkin

DaMacFunkin Active Member

Well I must have a home screen with a thousand chapters.
    The logs have been submitted, it is to do with vsif on the LG.

You may get black screens at points where there used to be seamless branching in Disney titles and similar, these problems should fixed at Rip source.

3. Koloss

Koloss Member

@mirror: Can we hope of a new firmware release in this week?

Bill-Z9X likes this.
  4. RudoSK

RudoSK New Member

And now the customer is waiting for the debugged firmware. The device for which I paid 230 euros and is not even stable and with bugs. For two months two updates.

Bill-Z9X, mutt and gymnos like this.
  5. DaMacFunkin

Hi, so I can better understand what is vsif?
    Thank you.

6. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Vendor Specific InfoFrame

Basically an infoframe is a data packet within the HDMI stream that defines parameters for whatever it relates to - for example you have audio infoframes to describe audio properties, AVI infoframes to describe video properties etc.

Vendor Specific Infoframes are as they say, packets specific to a vendor (HDMI, Dolby, the manufacturer - LG in this case.. etc) but unlike the examples above, don't necessarily have published protocols.

Cyclion and leonkoum like this.
  7. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

This is similar to HDMI-CEC which has also has public parts and private parts. Result it works very nice with one vendor plus its partners but does often not work well between competitors.

Cyclion likes this.
  8. Cyclion

Cyclion New Member

Unfortunately this is indeed the case. And this is exactly the reason why I always switch off the HDMI-CEC first for all devices, because almost all my devices come from different manufacturers and this function is often more harmful than useful...

gymnos and xskip like this.
  9. DaMacFunkin

Is there not a case where a ‘LG switch’ could be implemented that sends the vsif that LG is expecting?
    We already have manufacturer specific settings such as the Max CLL /Fall command.

10. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

MaxCLL /MaxFall is not vendor specific but more a HDR10 generation compatibility setting. First generation HDR10 often did not implement these variables including the Realtek RTD1295SOC. So this is meant for many old TV's/projectors with similar restricted implementations.

But maybe we end up with setup options per brand and model. We hope more for a very smart AUTO obviously which even when that works will lead to complaints that the screen flickers at the start or that it takes too long before the picture shows up.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2020
  11. Markswift2003

I think that's a very good idea - a "DV Compatibility Mode" similar to the "Deep Colour Compatibility Mode" introduced in .35 - at least until and if LG manage to fix this

Cyclion likes this.
  12. DaMacFunkin

Sounds like a plan, TBH I think it will be way down LGs list of things to fix.

13. Koloss

Koloss Member

We wait for a new FW, @mirror please give us a answer

Bill-Z9X likes this.
  14. DaMacFunkin

Woooaa Horsey, they have just bought a new LG C9, why would they release a new firmware when they can sit and watch that beautiful picture instead?

Bill-Z9X likes this.
  15. McBluna

McBluna Well-Known Member

Not with a Zidoo Player o_O

DaMacFunkin and Bill-Z9X like this.
  16. Bill-Z9X

Bill-Z9X Active Member

We are allowed to be here for Zidoo beta testers, but nobody will give you an answer to your question here.

17. Markswift2003

Maybe check what time it is in Shenzhen?

18. Koloss

Koloss Member

@Marswift2003: ?????? We waiting weeks not hours!

We want only a short feedback.

Bill-Z9X likes this.
  19. DaMacFunkin

I’ve had mine 2 months, it has spent most of that time in the box, it should have been tested more before coming to mass market, LG is the worlds second largest manufacturer of Televsion sets and probably the largest manufacturer of Dolby Vision sets.
    On top of this the color is pushed, I see white clipping and crushef blacks, I’m not sure if I should be setting auto or limited in HDMI range???
    If I am being fair I was a very early buyer of the X9S and that was sooo buggy and to be fair they did eventually turn that it into a fantastic box, the Z9S was the same, but as a company they do seem to repeat the same bugs and problems with every new product, which is frustrating.

Bill-Z9X likes this.
  20. boxerfan

boxerfan Active Member

It’s called customer-based QA.