@mirror - bug with DV 23.976 output and LG C8/C9

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by DaMacFunkin, Sep 26, 2020.

1. DaMacFunkin

DaMacFunkin Active Member

Here you go.

Attached Files:

2. DennisTheMenace

DennisTheMenace Active Member

3. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

It is for DENON-AVR

4. DaMacFunkin

Is
    Is Dennis The Menace file correct? if not I will have to get on my hands and knees.

5. DaMacFunkin

LG C9 Edie.
    Thank You.

Attached Files:

6. Random_Vibration

Random_Vibration Active Member

It's not a cable problem. It's a Zidoo problem. Other, real Dolby Vision devices aren't having this problem.

7. Random_Vibration

Every UHD Blu-ray player on the market plays Dolby Vision in 4K 23.9. Maybe you should make sure you're outputting your DV facsimile the same way all the UHD Blu-ray players currently do. Surely, these LG TVs work with actual UHD Blu-ray players and exhibit none of the problems of the Zidoo Z9X. My LG C6 works with the Oppo UDP 203. Maybe that should be your starting point. Make it work in the same manner as all of the industry standard UHD Blu-ray players do.

8. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

Your opinion has no reference. Compatibility is a permanent topic. I can also say that it works well on almost all other TVs. I believe LG and zidoo both can solve this problem, but we will try to solve it in any case

9. Random_Vibration

Neither does yours. You throw out a solution before understanding the problem. That solution was an opinion, not a solution derived from empirical analysis.

Here's a fact for you. LG TVs work with Oppo UDP-203 Blu-ray players. LG TVs work with Samsung UBD-K8500 Blu-ray players (but no Dolby Vision). That is first hand knowledge. There are others using various Blu-ray players who can report the same.

What no LG TV owner can report is the Zidoo Z9X works whereas UHD Blu-ray player do work. Again, that should be your starting point.

I can give you raw EDID information from a LG C6 so you can work on a solution or you can continue to be contentious.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 27, 2020
  10. Cyclion

Cyclion New Member

I have also done this on my Zidoo Z1000 Pro, because i have also a LG C9.

But in the attached EDID file it seems to be the EDID of my Denon AVR4500 hanging between the Zidoo and the LG C9?
    Do I have to connect the Zidoo directly to the TV to get the correct EDID file and how can the Zidoo with an AVR in the signal path even read the correct EDID of the TV?

Attached Files:

11. Random_Vibration

Connect the TV directly to the Zidoo. As an alternative, you can connect a PC directly to your TV and get the EDID of the display using software. There are various freeware that can do the job or if you have an Nvidia graphics card, it can pull the data for you.

Cyclion likes this.
  12. Cyclion

Cyclion New Member

Thank you! I have just connected the Zidoo directly to the LG C9 and can now provide the right EDID file.
    But I'm still wondering how the Zidoo does the communication with the TV with an AVR inbetween, which is very common for a lot of users...?
    Can you recommend a freeware for reading or convert these files in a readable text format, as you did?

Attached Files:

13. Random_Vibration

I used ELDIM viewer. It is only capable of interpreting the data relevant to the computer at hand. In this case, it was limited because the computer I used was an old one I use to for vehicle diagnostics. I have a 4K supporting Dell laptop with Nvidia graphics but the raw data at the end of the file I generated is adequate for these purposes.

I think there are newer viewers available but I haven't spent alot of time looking for them.

Cyclion likes this.
  14. Rob W

Rob W Active Member

The AVR reads the TV edid and adds the compatible video and audio modes to a new edid which is then read by the device. In my case it detects the device as a Sony LG TV because it is a Sony AVR with a LG TV.

There are some free PC software tools that allow you to view edid but they are mostly designed for monitors. Software such as Custom Resolution Utility (CRU), Deltacast E-EDID Editor and Moninfo.
    [​IMG]

Cyclion likes this.
  15. DaMacFunkin

Well at least they have a few of these edid files to be going on with.
    I can’t believe no one at Realtek or Zidoo didn’t check with an LG OLED at any time, they are the market leaders...

16. DaMacFunkin

Hi , thanks for this, but I’m sure you can understand the frustrations of many LG owners, we own many Dolby Vision devices between us that have no problems with our TV sets, I personally own 2x Nvidia Shield, Oppo 203 (M9072),2x Amazon fire stick 4K and a Chromecast Ultra, I also own an LG C7 as well as the C9.
    Any mix of these devices works fine in Dolby Vision, be that 12bit or 8 bit tunnelling.
    Thank You.

Cyclion and snapo6 like this.
  17. Theeraphon

Theeraphon Member

As one of many LG OLED owners here, I hope Zidoo engineers would be able to fix this problem real soon.

P.S. Do not try to add new features on the box as of now, please just fix whatever problems the box is having.

Cyclion and mattmarsden like this.
  18. karipu

karipu Member

Yes, that’s true, only 10bit.

skynet85 likes this.
  19. snapo6

snapo6 Member

Well said, the main reason to get the Zidoo was the DV functionality ..... unfortunately happy owner of an LG C8!

20. gymnos

gymnos Member

Is this issue related also with C8 or just with LG 2019 OLEDs?