Migrated from Dune to X10, very happy but have questions

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X10' started by pmacafee, Jun 13, 2019.

1. pmacafee

pmacafee New Member

1)My earlier Dune player would play a folder of music in sequence or a folder containing the contents pulled from a VIDEO_TS folder. The same was true when I use VLC media player and right-clicked on the directory and chose "play with VLC media player". Is there a similar video player available to download to the X10? I tried downloading the VLC media player but got an "incompatible error" when I went to install it.
    I have quite a few directories with named after the video title but contain the core VIDEO_TS or BluRay STREAM files.
    2) I have moved my 4T internal drive from the Dune to the X10 and several of the video ISOs seem to play with much more detail and color depth. I must admit that I did not try to test different scan rates or change the bit rate from 8 to 10 on the Dune. Would it be smart to put more of my BluRay on the hard drive to let the X10 play it rather than just using the BluRay DVD player? I know that I am pumping for info into my Yamaha receiver because I got audio interruptions until I swapped the HDMI cable that I had used for the Dune with the cable that came with the X10, problem solved.

2. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group