Media Labels for HT4

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Markswift2003, Feb 3, 2021.

1. JS_racer

JS_racer Member

Tried naming 2 with dv for dolby vision, the tag did not work, dolby vision did not work either,
    dtshd did not work either. dolbytruehd displayed dolby digital.

not sure what's going on here. no dv and no dolby true hd
    IT Chapter Two .4k.dolby vision.dtshd.dolbytruehd.mkv ---------- 4k dolby digital, mkv are what show up
    IT Chapter Two 4k dv dtshd dolbytruehd.mkv ------------- 4k DTS-HD, mkv show up

sure would be nice if HT got file information like kodi or zdmc

Last edited: Feb 9, 2021
  2. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

Hello,

Using this name works for me.

IT Chapter Two (2019) UHD.DV.truehdatmos.mp4

[​IMG]

3. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Only one audio or video codec is supported (the first is chosen) and you need to stick to the naming convention in my PDF otherwise keywords may trigger unexpected results - for instance "Dolby Digital" in your example above (spaces are important).

eg:

It Chapter Two.4k.dv.dolby truehd.mkv

It Chapter Two.4k.dv.dtshd.mkv

The "." is used as a delimiter and it can be omitted, but then other spaces can cause problems, so it's best leaving it in.

4. OlivierQC

Yes absolutely, Mc Bluna gives several examples that work on his blog

@Markswift,

What would be nice, even if it's a detail would be to have a UHD logo instead of a 4K logo ?

4K is a professional production and cinema standard, while UHD is a consumer display and broadcast standard

Is Zidoo right to use the 4K logo instead of a UHD logo?

See you

5. Sledgehamma

Sledgehamma Well-Known Member

I was super anal about this at the beginning but I think the ship has sailed now as 4K and UHD are being used synonymous.

Markswift2003 likes this.
  6. Markswift2003

True enough - 4K refers to a horizontal resolution of 4096 as used in DCP but I'm not sure it matters...

7. OlivierQC

Thank you for your answers :)

I'm asking this because I personally would prefer a UHD logo.

It would be uniform with the HDR logo for example, it's just a detail.

8. Markswift2003

To keep it simple, I only list one label per badge in the PDF but for most badges there are alternative labels.

So both "UHD" and "4K" can be used to display the 4K Badge so you could email after the New Year to request that "UHD" is used for a UHD badge and "4K" is used for a 4K badge, then technically it's correct.

Mariusz likes this.
  9. OlivierQC

Thanks for the information Mark,

10. elpablo

elpablo New Member

It would be great!
    Sometimes I don't understand why to "invent" again something that works great, then start producing it faulty and finally start fixing it every day :rolleyes:

11. JS_racer

JS_racer Member

It Chapter Two.4k.dv.dolby truehd.mkv that does not show the Dolby vision.
    IT Chapter Two (2019) UHD.DV.truehdatmos also no Dolby vision, same results, but shows atmos.
    IT Chapter Two (2019) UHD.DV.truehdatmos.mp4 Same results, no DV

4.0.39 version info for HT

Attached Files:

12. Markswift2003

I just renamed a movie to:

"It Chapter Two.4k.dv.dolby truehd.mkv"

And got this:

Screenshot_20210210-165412.png

What firmware version are you on?

Mariusz likes this.
  13. JS_racer

JS_racer Member

6.0.90 thought I was on 6.1.05 oops (I downloaded it, just never loaded it)
    do I need to be on the latest ?? guessing so.

thank you all for your time, I greatly appreciate it.

14. Mariusz

Mariusz Active Member

Markswift2003 wrote :
    "I just renamed a movie to:

"It Chapter Two.4k.dv.dolby truehd.mkv"
    And got this:"

So the display of information: Dolby Vision or Dolby Atmos, depends on the name of the movie?
    I understand well?

15. Markswift2003

Yep ;)

JS_racer likes this.
  16. Markswift2003

Yes - you add file suffixes separated by dots as per the PDF in the first post.

Mariusz likes this.
  17. Mariusz

Mariusz Active Member

I changed it and it works.
    Thank you so much Mark!

18. Markswift2003

You're very welcome!

Mariusz likes this.
  19. JS_racer

JS_racer Member

I updated to 6.1.05, the latest, and still don't see the DV for tags.
    oh well,

It Chapter Two.4k.dv.dolby truehd
    IT (2017).4k.dolby vision.dtshd.dolbytruehd

neither of those give the tag.

20. Markswift2003

It Chapter Two.4k.dv.dolby truehd works for me as previously so I'm not sure why it wouldn't work for you (does it rescrape when you change the name? It should).

As far as IT (2017).4k.dolby vision.dtshd.dolbytruehd goes, you have two audio codecs specified and, as noted previously, the badge protocol only allows one; and you also have Dolby TrueHD incorrectly set as "dolbytruehd" so that just confuses things further.

You should name the file IT.4k.dolby vision.dolby truehd to get the THD badge and you will also have to manually search because the parser doesn't seem to like short words like "It" (and numbers).

If I enter "It" manually in the search box to rematch (using
    IT.4k.dolby vision.dolby truehd.mkv as a filename), I get this:

Screenshot_20210217-145730.png

Last edited: Feb 17, 2021