Media Labels for HT4

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Markswift2003, Feb 3, 2021.

1. rtos

rtos Member

Mabon what you are doing is what I do for Movies. This works great for bonus features with movies but does not work for TV shows. TV part of HT4 wants a season # and Episode # to map the program. I've tried various formats but noting gets me the episode detail I'm looking for.
    I have found a work around buy I still need to find a way to edit the info for a specific tv program.

2. rtos

rtos Member

Still having problems with getting the Special Features of a TV series to properly appear in HT4. I created my own NFO files using TMM. I hand created theses files since many of the episodes do not appear in either TVDB/TMDB.
    I them removed the Special feature Folder from my source folder and re-scaned the HT4. Verified that the Specials did not appear in HT4. I then deleted the .Cache folder in the .HomeTheater of the FileManger folder just in case there was some remnants of the file. I then added the Special Feature Folder back to the Source folder and re-scaned HT4. When I went to the poster for the Specials, HT4 scraped the info from TVDB and labeled the episodes to what TVDB called for.
    How can I force HT4 to accept my NFO files that I created?
    PS. I also changed in the "Settings">Preference >NFO parse to "Precedence""Preferentially parse NFO files" Is this the correct option to force HT4 to read the NFO files?

3. zxs

zxs New Member

Can you provide me with your folder structure?

4. rtos

rtos Member

Here is the file structure and NFO file in two parts
    #Flintstone Folder.jpg #NFO File Top.jpg #NFO File Bottom.jpg #NFO File Bottom.jpg

5. zxs

zxs New Member

6. zxs

zxs New Member

If you can, I hope you can provide me with a real compressed file for testing. Of course, your real video file does not need to be uploaded, just create a blank file with the same name. I'm sorry that my English is poor, I don't know if you can understand what I mean.

7. maxhim

maxhim Active Member

Maybe i'm ignorant, but please say to me, what is this :

Screenshot_20211108-212558.png

Some movies have, some don’t. If this is the number of audio tracks then it is not good because there is a movie that has more than one sound, but there is no such notation. So, i'm clueless.

8. maxhim

maxhim Active Member

In this Ben Fogle folder really two mkv fils : one sampler and the movie itself. Thank you! :)

9. maxhim

maxhim Active Member

Thank You! But i rather delete this sampler because I don't need it. But next time i'll know that :)

Mabon likes this.
  10. ChrDk

ChrDk New Member

Sorry for opening up this old thread again.

Just got the Z9X, and all my movie files have their original long scene release name.
    I originally made my own tool which parses scene release filenames, and matches against a local version of the IMDb DB (sometimes requires manually interaction, as 100% match for all files is impossible), the tool then runs MediaInfo on all files (except .iso), and stores all info in a DB.
    My folder structure is something like this, where the nfo files are the scene release nfo files and NOT TMM nor Zidoo nfo files:

/A/Alien (1979)/Alien.1979.Theatrical.Cut.REMUX.2160p.HDR.UHD-BluRay.HEVC.DTS-HD.MA.5.1-XXX/Alien.1979.Theatrical.Cut.REMUX.2160p.HDR.UHD-BluRay.HEVC.DTS-HD.MA.5.1-XXX.mkv
    /A/Alien (1979)/Alien.1979.Theatrical.Cut.REMUX.2160p.HDR.UHD-BluRay.HEVC.DTS-HD.MA.5.1-XXX/Alien.1979.Theatrical.Cut.REMUX.2160p.HDR.UHD-BluRay.HEVC.DTS-HD.MA.5.1-XXX.en.srt
    /A/Alien (1979)/Alien.1979.Theatrical.Cut.REMUX.2160p.HDR.UHD-BluRay.HEVC.DTS-HD.MA.5.1-XXX/Alien.1979.Theatrical.Cut.REMUX.2160p.HDR.UHD-BluRay.HEVC.DTS-HD.MA.5.1-XXX.nfo
    /A/Alien (1979)/Alien.1979.INTERNAL.DC.HDR10Plus.2160p.UHD.BluRay.X265-XXX/Alien.1979.INTERNAL.DC.HDR10Plus.2160p.UHD.BluRay.X265-XXX.mkv
    /A/Alien (1979)/Alien.1979.INTERNAL.DC.HDR10Plus.2160p.UHD.BluRay.X265-XXX/Alien.1979.INTERNAL.DC.HDR10Plus.2160p.UHD.BluRay.X265-XXX.nfo
    /A/Alien (1979)/tt0078748.imdb

I like to keep these filenames so I can keep track of what version I have, in case a better version comes along.
    Reading all of the posts in this thread, I first thought: "right, I'll just write my own tool to run through all files, keep the filenames of the nfo files, and rename all movie files based on the info in the PDF"
    But then people start talking about using Tiny Media Manager to scan, scrape, and create nfo files, poster art etc.
    But there isn't any way for the HT4 to import the nfo from TMM, right? And even if that was the case, I would still have to let TMM scan all my files and manually fix all those that it guesses incorrectly.

Is it possible to leave all file and folder names alone, and leave the above structure intact, and then create a basic HT4 nfo file, which basically just identifies which movie is in the folder, and then have HT4 read that, identify that a lot of stuff is missing (description, poster art, media info), and have HT update/scrape the missing info/items?
    Or will I have to rename all the files according to the PDF in the first post?

And otherwise thanks for all the great knowledge people share here.

/Chris

11. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

TMM creates NFO files and as far as I know they are Kodi compliant so can be used by HT4.

You could use your original idea and just have a text file with your original name in the folder.

If you leave the filenames alone, the NFO file has to be named exactly the same as the movie file which may cause you a problem if you want to keep your current NFO file (I assume it's not a kodi NFO). Also, the NFO you produce will have to contain all the relevant metadata - you can't identify with an NFO and scrape online (as far as I know! never tried..).

12. ChrDk

ChrDk New Member

Thank you @Markswift2003
    My only option, as I see it, is then to rename the folder & file to a name that's easily recognizable by both TMM and HT4, and let one of those do the identification and scraping, and keep the original name in a text file, and maybe also rename any existing scene release NFO files to .SCNNFO or similar.
    And then follow one of @OlivierQC youtube tutorials for loading in the NFO files, and backing up everything.
    Thanks for clarifying, and making information available for the rest of us.

13. Edworld

Edworld Member

All my files are named with the following structure:

12 Angry Men (1957)(Bluray).mkv

I cannot get the bluray flag to show up in the videoinfo page before playing the movie. Is Bluray not a valid flag if it comes from a mkv file?

Thanks

14. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

No, BluRay is identified by file structure, either ISO or BDMV.

15. Edworld

Edworld Member

I mapped more drives this morning and these do show DVD or 4k, same naming:

2 Fast 2 Furious (2003)(DVD).mkv shows DVD flag
    1917 (2019)(4K)(HDR).mkv shows 4K flag
    12 Angry Men (1957)(Bluray).mkv shows 1080 flag

Is it possible to request that the bluray flag be shown if in the file name instead of 108o flag?

I also noticed on poster wall upper right corner, it shows 4K, collection or FHD, but no flag if SD. Is this a bug, or by design?

Thanks

16. Edworld

Edworld Member

This is a request for future versions.

Add the aspect ratio to the flags if information is available in the NFO

Thanks

17. va_lemon

va_lemon New Member

Another feature request: display (X#Version) labels even if there is only one file.
    Currently, HT only displays labels if there are two or more versions of the same movie. E.g. if I have two movie files with (1#Director’s Cut) and (2#Theatrical Release) labels, then HT will display both versions.
    But in some cases, I only want to keep the Director’s Cut version. HT should still display this label. Currently, HT will not display the label if there is only one file with a label.