massive bugs in gui

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by grummel2005, Sep 27, 2016.

1. DragonFly

DragonFly Member

Both. It's a known fact. As of Android version 6.0 external memory is treated as internal, hence the creation of the "Android" folder. This is where the OS stores its appdata.

Also Android 6.0 sets a default No-permission on folders on external memory. But it all depends on what tools you're using to access files. Most -decent- Android file-managers will give you the option first to set permissions to the root of the external memory. Once done you can delete files. Personally I use Total Commander (win) with its ADB-plugin to delete unwanted files remotely

2. grummel2005

grummel2005 Well-Known Member

thats the solution to delete the files - but this is a second part - the come back again - so the flooding of external memory should not be

3. grummel2005

i asked now via AMAZON to get a new device because this problem cannot be mine
    so ZIDOO has to send me a replacement and when i have it i will send the not correct device back to ZIDOO

4. zago84

zago84 New Member

Sorry for the little off-topic but wich kind of microsd (SDHC, SDXC) X9S can support and up to what size?

5. DragonFly

DragonFly Member

Don't shoot me, I'm just the messenger. Blame Google.

This does not only affect the X9, it a behavior seen on many different devices. Fora's on Android are filled with questions about the mysterious Android folders. It does not only affect inserted external memory, but every attached medium (even NAS) are 'suffering' from this.

Anyway, it's build-in in the Android kernel. There maybe solutions out there like automated scripts which delete these folders as soon as they are made or hacked kernels, but for the moment you'll have to live with it...............Or buy a device with Android 5.5/Linuxo_O

6. grummel2005

i will send ZIDOO a bill as a beta-tester :)

due to the fact of the problems in the GUI i thought maybe this is a problem with setting to german language

for this i tried to set the X9S to french - this is a big fun

if someone wants to try - set the X9S to french and switch it off

i set "switch off" to "direct switch off" which is "switching off in 5 seconds"

those which try please tell us the results here - thx a lot

the GUI has so much bugs - did ZIDOO have no alpha- and beta-tester?

with so much bugs in it normal the GUI is still in alpha-stadium?!?!

7. grummel2005

if we want to avoid DHCP and want to do a fixed IP-adress we have to put in the "network prefix lenght"

this is as i found e.g. for IP 255.255.255.0 = 24

but this is not known by all of the people

so it should be as in X6Pro and all other devices i saw until now possible to put in 255.255.255.0 or something like that

and as i read some systems have problems with devices which use "network prefix lenght" so they have to use IP-Adresses like 255.255.255.0

thx for fix!

8. grummel2005

why there are in some towns (even small ones) two entries - out of which database you are taking the wheater data?

and depending on the different entries sometimes it is in Celsius and sometimes it is in Fahrenheit

thx for fixing this

9. PacoRabanne

PacoRabanne Well-Known Member Beta test group

grummel2005, could you explain this a little more?
    My job is as a Network Manager, so I know something about networking and subnetting.
    If I understand what you mean, I hope I can help or give my little contribution (if possible...).

...OK, I use DHCP, perfectly working in my environment, but if the need is only to have a fixed address on a device, almost all router can define "reservation" on internal DHCP, so, until potential issue will be solved, there is a functional workaround.
    Of course, if the device doesn't get correct networl configuration from DHCP, is not a solution at all...

P.S. or I'm completey wrong?

10. grummel2005

yes paco ... it is not the problem to connect and do a direkt ip-connection

it is the way you have to put the data in - oki?
    it is different to this what i (and much others) got in all other devices
    we have here a lot of devices with LAN and WLAN but never saw that i hacve to put in "network prefix lenght"
    it is not usual for "normal users" i think for me and a lot of others as well - as i read

11. PacoRabanne

12. grummel2005

@PacoRabanne what do you think about the use of "network prefix lenght" instead of ip-adress like in other devices?

13. Sarco

Sarco Active Member Beta test group

I was confused to, but reading on internet it seem that network lenght is the new standart. Of course for simple user like me it is not funny. For static address I use MAC assignation, first I have not to change anything when reseting a device (MAC always the same) and it is need when broadcast on dd wrt. The good thing that happen with that surprise is I change my router setting for less devices from /24 to /28 (255.255.255.0 to 255.255.255.240) meaning 14 hosts instead of 254. They should put back old subnetmask with option to put network lenght.

14. bob

bob Active Member Zidoo TECH Supporter

Can you describe more carefully? So that we can better and faster to solve the problem.
    thank you!

15. grummel2005

yes i think so too - as in the other zidoo devices :)
    option is good - too

16. grummel2005

see my postings :(
    if you would read them you see where the problems are :)

17. PacoRabanne

When I've a little time to spend on, I'll look to the current interface on my X9S, as already said I use (and want to use) DHCP, so not yet checked...

Surely, every device (even professional ones) I've used/configured, in the IPv4 address, netmask, gateway and DNS configurations had the standard classic 4 octect fields (for each parameter, frequently one "free form" entry requiring dots, sometimes 4 entries one for each octect. Netmask usually is inserted as xxx.yyy.www.zzz (dotted decimal, rarely hexadecimal), the "bits format" /# (where # is a number from 0 to 32) is used in documentation, because "address/bits" represent in a short and compact way a whole subnet. But is cumbersome for a normal user...

18. grummel2005

thx for reply :)

19. PacoRabanne

Checked yesterday.
    Yes, in this case I must totally agree, the input fields should be Address, Netmask, Gateway, DNS1 and DNS2.
    I did a very little test, without any cable or ethernet line connected, but after inserting of data, there is not any feedback of recognized and/or correctness of parameters.
    Couldn't be a big problem, but for not very skilled users maybe worring.
    My two cents...

20. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

" those which try please tell us the results here - thx a lot " how is this a bug report ?