Mac OS X SMB Compatability

Discussion in 'ZIDOO Z9S' started by mdl, Oct 19, 2019.

1. mdl

mdl New Member

Hello,
    I purchased a Z9S in hopes that it would fix the problem with connecting to my MAC OS X mini running Mojave and another running Catalina. Previously I had an X9S which would not connect to the mac smb shares. I know SMB V1 works, but later MAC OS X versions dont play well with these. Z9S has SMBv2, but still no luck. Still get nothing but bad password or login error. The only thing that seams to work is a separate installation of Samba, presumably running SMBV1. Anyone have a similar situation that can read their mac shares from a mac server with their Z9S?

Thanks.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2019
  2. karipu

karipu Member

Z9S is unable to establish connecti0n through SMB to macOS computers.

Let’s pray that future firmware update shall fix that bug.

3. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

I suspect it's probably more to do with the way Apple handle SMB rather than Zidoo.

4. mdl

mdl New Member

You suspect? And yet ive been putting up with this for 3 years and 2 Zidoo players. Every other piece of equipment in my house has no problem connecting with the mac. Why cant the software engineers settle this? I was told last time that the chip was incompatible, yet there is server software that's ab;e to connect on the player itself. A server on the player does me no good. I need to connect to my mac server. After spending over $300, I think I deserve more than a suspicion.

karipu likes this.
  5. karipu

karipu Member

I downloaded several file browser apps from Google Play -store and installed them on Zidoo.
    All of them connected fluently to my iMac through SMB.
    It's Zidoo software that is faulty.