Mac Not Seen in Zidoo/Orb

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Gramophone, Jul 27, 2022.

Tags:
  1. Gramophone

Gramophone Member

Hello, here is a special problem.
    I have a Mac and a NAS as source devices.
    I use the Mac to create the film files, so the NAS is not always on. Also to save energy.
    It is often the case that the orb/Zidoo does not recognize the Mac if the NAS is not switched on. Since the latest update, he no longer sees the Mac at all as long as the NAS is not running.
    It does see the mac when I look under new source under smb, but I can't enable it as a source.
    Even claims username and password are wrong.

As soon as I turn on the NAS, the Mac is immediately available again as a source on the main page.

I have already restarted my FRITZ!Box, including the switches. I also reset the ht 4. Unfortunately without success.
    In the zdmb the effect is the same.
    Everything is fine on my Apple TV and Nvidia.
    Is there a solution?
    Many thanks and greetings.

2. guykuo

guykuo New Member

This might help. I use an iMac as NAS server. About a dozen Mac OS Extended (Journaled) drives are shared by the iMac.

I've found some shared drives are invisible to Zidoo SMB unless the particular drive's permission has a registered user on the iMac and Zidoo has logged into SMB using that username. It doesn't seem to affect all drives and I have not found out what is different between shared drives that show up without a user added vs those that need such a user added to its permissions. I have never gotten anonymous sharing of drives to work.

3. Gramophone

Gramophone Member

Hi, that sounds like it could be the reason. I will try later and give feedback.
    Many thanks :)

4. Gramophone

Gramophone Member

Hi, I finally made it. It works this way. Little bit crazy. But now I am really happy.
    Many thanks :)

5. guykuo

guykuo New Member

Glad it worked.

One oddity you will see on the Mac end is that every share that Zidoo mounts increases count of users connected to Mac server. It's not a functional issue, but can be surprising when you restart your Mac.

6. Gramophone

Gramophone Member

Thanks for the hint.
    I have only on hd on my mac, that works for the Zidoo.
    So, I don’t see any difference for the moment.
    Thanks and greets.