Low speed spinning device inside X9S?

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by Ayokoya, May 25, 2017.

1. Ayokoya

Ayokoya Member

I heard some scraping noise (~3Hz) from what appears to be a slow speed spinning device inside the X9S, I consistently hear it when its lifted and at a certain tilt angle. Can someone confirm this? If it is truly a fan inside about to go bad, is there anyway I can disable it without opening it up?

2. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

hm, x9s has no moving parts. only the x10 has a fan. Your noise may be from something else

3. Ayokoya

Ayokoya Member

Thanks Haos!!

As I mentioned many moons ago that when the new firmware fixes the bluetooth issue with anywhere 2 mouse, I'll get the X8 that has left handside USB connections for my LG TV that favors connections from the left....well, it arrived today, so I gave the X9S to my wife and thats when I heard the slow spinning noise as I lifted it up for disconnections. I don't hear the noise now with it connected to the Sony TV. Since its not broken and noise does not exhibit itself, I ain't going to open up the $150 box for looksie.

4. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

you can find a tear down of x9s on the internet, if you are curious how it looks inside