Latest Firmware(2.2.55). Nothing Plays right, Cannot downgrade! HELP!!!

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1296)' started by mtwaldman, Mar 31, 2019.

1. mtwaldman

mtwaldman New Member

I updated to the latest firmware last night(2.2.55). Nothing works right now. I see the firmware has now been pulled, but I cannot get the system to downgrade to an eariler version of the firmware. I have tried holding the reset button with the USB flash drive with different version and none will install. Also the built in update will not update to an earlier version of the firmware.

HELP!!!!

2. szefo

szefo Active Member

What's your box model?

3. mtwaldman

mtwaldman New Member

4. szefo

szefo Active Member

5. mtwaldman

mtwaldman New Member

Tried it multiple times, 2 different flash drives. It shows UP for 1-2 sec than switches to hello and I never see the installing....

6. szefo

szefo Active Member

7. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

We received some feedback, which v2.2.55 beta in some cases could cause the system to freeze. We will release an emergency repair soon. Sorry for that.

8. Filip

Filip New Member

can you please share link for download new firmware 2.2.55 ?

9. SAMDestroy

SAMDestroy New Member

"some cases" should be enough to avoid this beta Filip ^^

10. FrankLoori

FrankLoori New Member

This is not working for me:
    I do it like the description above. When holding down the RSTbutton the A10 doesn't start up. Even after I release the RST-button it doesn't start up. If I turn the power supply off and turn it again on without holding the RST-button, then it is starting up.

After starting up I can upgrade the firmware via USB.

11. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Huh Huh A10? I hope you mean Z10 (or X10) as the only A10 i know of is an Egreat not Zidoo.