Jellyfin AndroidTV Client Thread

Discussion in 'Jellyfin for Zidoo' started by andy22, Jun 18, 2022.

Tags:
  1. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Active Member

Yes.

2. Enet

Enet Active Member

No.

I've just been playing a little and the resume function works if you don't exit the movie with the stop button. The movie finished indicator also works for me.

It's nice to have access to the latest Android client again :)

Last edited: May 12, 2023
  3. Enet

Enet Active Member

I've only spent a few minutes with it but it but no major issues once my NAS caching settled down. Here's what works/doesn't work so far.
    - Resume function works.
    - Finished indicator works.
    - Audio Output set to direct so bitstream audio enabled by default including Atmos and DTS:x.
    - Audio Output greyed out and no obvious setting on my server so maybe requires a receiver?
    - No Dolby Vision or Atmos indicators.
    - Fine with MKV but so far isn't playing actual 4k blu-rays.

4. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Just tried it here on an Alpha.

The best I can say is it sort of works... Yes it calls the Zidoo player, but it doesn't do it elegantly. Progress seems to be saved. And then it's not. Or it duplicates. Then you get failed playback with "The item didn't appear to play as long as its duration, Mark watched?"

Funky.

5. Enet

Enet Active Member

Hi Mark

First I am using the latest server on my NAS as well as the latest Android client. The first time I ran the app I had some weird issues but it worked better after the app was restarted. I would like to try and replicated your issues. Besides not getting the pop up asking if I want to continue, it's not working any differently to the Zidoo client.

6. Markswift2003

Doesn't seem to be any reason why one movie works and another doesn't - they're all MKV. Some are DV, some aren't, some are 4K, some aren't.

Just so we're singing from the same hymn sheet can you send a link to the version you're using?

This is the one I used:

https://github.com/jellyfin/jellyfin-androidtv/releases/tag/v0.15.9

7. Enet

Enet Active Member

Yes here is a direct link to the version I am using from the Git:
    jellyfin-androidtv-v0.15.9-release.apk

The only major issues I am suffering look like HDMI handshake issues with the screen sometimes blanking out. These have been going on for some time now.

8. Markswift2003

Yep - same file I used.

And yes, that HDMI thing is what I meant about it inelegantly calling the Zidoo player.

9. Enet

Enet Active Member

I've had this issue even when using the Zidoo client so it's obviously something inherent to the code.

10. Markswift2003

The Zidoo client calls the player correctly - essentially the same as HT - obviously you'll get the usual HDMI syncs but not with same clatter as you do with the standard client.

11. Enet

Enet Active Member

Sorry to clarify, I mean't the Zidoo Edition client from this thread which uses the Android TV code as it's baseline. As I said before, my other issue besides HDMI is that it not playing actual blu-ray files.

12. Markswift2003

Yes, me too.

So to be clearer, the Zidoo Edition Jellyfin client from this thread calls the Zidoo Player correctly, in the same way that HT & Media Center does.

I'm not sure how the standard Jellyfin client does it but it's way clunkier.

13. HDGuy

HDGuy Active Member

Hmm. I will give the latest Android TV version a shot.

14. robl45

robl45 Member

I tried 3D iso and it said it couldn't play it, the HT4.0 app plays it fine, shouldn't it play if it is using the internal player?

15. Markswift2003

Not necessarily - it uses the Zidoo Player, but not the BD engine. So it should play the main feature using the Zidoo player, not the BD Player (no menus) if the BD structure is not obfuscated.

Not sure if 3D would make a difference to that logic, but I don't think so.

16. robl45

robl45 Member

Yea it just says unable to play video.

17. salora

salora Member

Can you please tell me the name and where to find the native zidoo player?
    Trying to find it exploring the files and apps of my uhd3000 with no luck

18. robl45

robl45 Member

Anyway to fix this? I’d prefer to use this as I use Jellyfin everywhere. I could deal with the iso issue if I need to but is there at least anyway for it to say ISO. Now I have say an iso and mkv and the only way to tell the difference is to play one and see if it says unable to play

19. Markswift2003

Learn Kotlin?

20. HDGuy

HDGuy Active Member

I installed the Android TV client on my Shield and it’s having the same problem identifying HDR content so that is probably why the Zidoo doesn’t.

Oh well.

Edit- Yup, latest Android TV client on Z9X has the same problem. I guess I’ll post it on Jellyfin forum.

Last edited: May 14, 2023