Jellyfin AndroidTV Client Thread

Discussion in 'Jellyfin for Zidoo' started by andy22, Jun 18, 2022.

Tags:
  1. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Ah right - I'm using a Windows box that runs several servers for me.

2. salora

salora Member

Here is something i can't fix.
    When i play something from HT4 it's always paires with external subs.

From jellyfin it always goes on internal subs and I don't see where to change that.
    If someone have an answer i'm all ears
    Thank you

3. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Active Member

personally I prefer external subs but you can change it in the settings, maybe you have it on external.

4. HDGuy

HDGuy Active Member

So as you can see here- latest official Jellyfin Unraid docker (dated yesterday), using the most recent Jellyfin beta client on Z9X. No HDR tag of any kind- but when I look at it on a webpage or my iPad client it shows 4k HEVC HDR- and denotes TrueHD Atmos for the audio. Should be Dolby Vision, but I suppose it doesn't show DV on devices that can't play it?

So I'm not sure what I'm missing on the Zidoo Jellyfin client.

Attached Files:

5. salora

salora Member

Hi sorry i do not understand.
    Yes i want external subs.
    Zidoo player is set with external, and a movie launched from HT4 default is external.
    BUT launched from jellyfin movie plays and subs it's set on internal sub .
    I don't find how to change that

6. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Active Member

aha, Jellyfin does not work with starting with external subs yet, you have to change it when you start the movie, if you really want the external at startup then it's either using HT4 or Plex (PlexToZidoo).

7. salora

salora Member

Alright thank you

8. robl45

robl45 Member

I installed this and it appears to work, but I thought it uses the normal zidoo app and uses Jellyfin server as the backend? Does this replace the internal app? Will it still play 3D and 4K HDR and all the audio formats?

9. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Active Member

it uses the Zidoo player so yes, it just uses Jellyfin to navigate through media.

10. robl45

robl45 Member

okay, so this works and the 3D works, but unlike the stock application, the movies don't show that they are 3D, is there anyway to change that.

11. HDGuy

HDGuy Active Member

Curious if anyone looked at the pic I posted previously and can figure out why I'm not getting the appropriate Dolby Vision medadata tags, etc.

12. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Active Member

it's not supported yet.

13. HDGuy

HDGuy Active Member

I was looking at Mark Swift's picture and I'm not even getting HDR tags.

14. Markswift2003

I wonder if it's because you're using a newer server version?

In Andy's last post in February he mentioned fundamental changes in the official client from 0.14 to 0.15, but our client is stuck at 0.14 and it's looking less and less likely that that will change unless someone else picks up the project.

If the client has changed fundamentally, one assumes the server has too, so maybe that's the issue.

I'm on server v10.8.5.

15. HDGuy

HDGuy Active Member

But only on the Zidoo client, when I check on my iPad Air (gen 4) it says HDR for the same content.

Currently I am using the official Unraid Jellyfin server and previously I was using Linuxserver's Jellyfin (there are a few others I can try) but the results were the same on both. iPad showed HDR, Zidoo didn't- for anything. Played fine tho, HDR10, DV, etc.

Maybe it's one of the settings, I'm not sure- it seems like this is more an issue on Zidoo Client software's side.

16. Six66Mike

Six66Mike Member

HDR tags definitely display on the Z9X using the SynoCommunity Jellyfin package, running v10.8.9 on the server.

Markswift2003 likes this.
  17. HDGuy

HDGuy Active Member

Weird. I’m looking at The Martian on my Z9X and all it says is “4k CC TrueHD 7.1” but the iPad app says “4k HEVC HDR”. I’m using the last beta release of the Z9X client.

18. Markswift2003

Possibly, but I think we have to assume there will be no more development. Andy's last post was Feb 11th and the last time he visited the forum was Feb 12th. His Github page hasn't moved since Aug 2022.

19. Enet

Enet Active Member

Today I downloaded the latest Android TV app and it works perfectly with my Z1000 pro. Just set playback to use external player and it defaults to Zidoo player with no issues. Hope this helps :)

20. Sledgehamma

Sledgehamma Well-Known Member

This way you will loose playback/progress sync, right?