Jellyfin AndroidTV Client Thread

Discussion in 'Jellyfin for Zidoo' started by andy22, Jun 18, 2022.

Tags:
  1. andy22

andy22 Active Member

Yeah its the second report i get on this, let me enable/fix the crash report feature, so you can send me the crash logs easily.

2. andy22

andy22 Active Member

Beta 10 - 0.14.4 - download
    • enable crash-log Ui options
    • add "hide age rating's" Ui option
    • add "hide ratings" home option
    • fix rating's display for long float numbers
    • fix home refresh not triggering on some Ui options
    • enable ARCA debugging
    @Kenshin so grab the new version and than after the crash, there should be a uploaded crashLog on the server (Admin/logs).
    Than upload the log as attachment or to https://pastebin.com

@Sledgehamma I did split the options a bit, so you can now globally disable Age-Ratings and additionally disable User-Ratings for Home.

Sledgehamma likes this.
  3. Sledgehamma

Sledgehamma Well-Known Member

Excellent :) Works great!

4. Kenshin

Kenshin Member

@Kenshin so grab the new version and than after the crash, there should be a uploaded crashLog on the server (Admin/logs).
    Than upload the log as attachment or to https://pastebin.com

@andy22
    with the browser i can log in. . but via jellyfin app by zidoo it does not work and always crashes. . I can’t find any crash. logs !?=

5. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

@andy22
    Could you explain a bit your role on this Android TV Client version for Zidoo?
    If I understand correctly this is personal modified for Zidoo version crafted by you and is based on the Jeffyfin general Android Client community work.

Don't get me wrong I think you are doing a truly great job on this but would like to understand the support model for it.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2022
  6. andy22

andy22 Active Member

mhh i guess the crashlog can't be uploaded to the server, because its crashing before.
    Let me check latest master PR regarding server changes or try to write the crash-log to the Zidoo local filesystem.

Yes i try to base it off the latest official/Beta Jellyfin Android TV app (not the Android app).
    The main changes are to fully support the internal Zidoo player, while also adding other changes so Zidoo users get the best possible Jellyfin experience.
    My fork may have some extra none Zidoo related beta features, that i try to "testdrive" via our community.
    I than try to backport/upstream as much changes as possible that are not strictly Zidoo related. Yet if the PR are accepted as is, depends on the Jellyfin devs.
    My Zidoo fork is now also "officially" listed on the Jellyfin clients page.
    I'm also working with a Zidoo software dev on issues, features i cant solve/add on my own, like the new Android player API added in v6.4.20.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2022
  7. andy22

andy22 Active Member

8. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

@andy22
    Thanks' for detailing your work and very good to hear also Zidoo engineers are directly involved. ;)

9. Kenshin

Kenshin Member

@andy22
    again is not possible. . have you tried it on a zidoo ? does it work at all on zidoo ?

thx.

10. andy22

andy22 Active Member

ofc it does work on Zidoo, thats what i use to develop the app. So far only two testers encountered this issue, so something must be "special" on your setup.

You use latest Jellyfin server 10.8.1? Maybe any other "special" or unusual thing you can think of on your setup?

11. Kenshin

Kenshin Member

@andy22

zidoo firmware is : v6.4.20
    jellyfin : 10.8.1

I have now made a factory reset on my zidoo but has brought nothing !!!

do I need the zidoo firmware with google maybe?

12. andy22

andy22 Active Member

No

Will try to get local crash-log's working tomorrow, since i have no clue whats causing this.

13. mattmarsden

mattmarsden Active Member

I had this issue with fix 2 when I was fresh installing not updating. I went back and installed an older version, set it up and then updated to fix2 and I didn't get the crash anymore.

Kenshin likes this.
  14. andy22

andy22 Active Member

Thanks, i did also reset my Zidoo and now my fresh install also crashes. So i can finally try to fix the bug!

Kenshin likes this.
  15. Kenshin

Kenshin Member

@andy22
    yes it works so if I install an older version it goes without problems I can then update to the newest and it works then. .

@mattmarsden
    Yes it works fine !

16. chadamir

chadamir New Member

Does the skip intro plug in work with this?

17. andy22

andy22 Active Member

No, still busy with other issues.
    If its fixed, it will be explicitly listed in the version change-logs for the release.

18. andy22

andy22 Active Member

Beta 10 - 0.14.5 - Download
    • fix crash on fresh install (revert to 1.3.2 sdk)
    • fix "Prefer series thumbnails" option not working
    • fix "Next Up", "Latest..." home displays
    • add special "stream copy" handling for older server's (v10.8.0/1)
    @Kenshin can you confirm that this version install's correctly, even on a fresh install?

19. Kenshin

Kenshin Member

@andy22
    Perfect ! now works fine !!!

20. andy22

andy22 Active Member

good... sorry will test with fresh installs and upgrades in the future, so stuff like this does not slip through the cracks.

Btw server 10.8.2 did also just release!

Sledgehamma likes this.