Jellyfin android tv app compatible with zidoo native player

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by gogo789, Apr 13, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

I could not get Emby Client to call the Internal player for playback. Liked Emby otherwise.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2022
  2. muha

muha Active Member

I didn't try to use native player.

3. muha

muha Active Member

Screenshot_20220207-190641.png
    I just downloaded latest Emby for Android TV app and it works with native player.

4. Purple

Purple New Member

I'll have to try this again. Last time I tried I couldn't get it to use the internal player as a direct path, only as "stream" which led to some playback issues. When you play your file back does it say the name of the file or "stream"?

5. muha

muha Active Member

"stream"

6. Purple

Purple New Member

Darn, that's the same issue I had. The modified Jellyfin client in this post from the OP avoids that issue. Not as nice looking as Emby, but it gets the job done until a better solution is available.

7. Mai

Mai New Member

Hope a solution exists for Emby

8. DesertDog

DesertDog New Member

What issues have you experienced "stream" vs "direct path"? I just got my Z9X last weekend and installed Emby on it since I've been using their server on my NAS for years. I haven't had much time to play with it yet but it seemed to be working correctly but my time has been limited.

9. Purple

Purple New Member

Playing high bitrate 4K remuxes, there was stuttering. I only tested it with one file, so I’ll have to try it again. The same file played without issue from HT.

10. Mai

Mai New Member

Do you get subtitle and blu-ray menu working in stream mode?

11. ZidooUser12

ZidooUser12 New Member

Thank you so much! Installed jellyfin server and your apk, worked instantly with external player and smb. PERFECT!

12. robl45

robl45 Member

Most likely getting a Z9X soon, This will connect my current jellyfin backend with the media player on Zidoo? Will it still play 3D? Getting this to play 3D and 4K

13. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

I see a lot of positive things about Jellyfin. I don't have it set up nad I'm thinking about testing it out.

Can someone help me with few newbie questions?

1. What hardware do you use in general for Jellyfin server? Do you install it on NAS hardware directly like Synology boxes?
    2. Is it necessary to connect hard drives to Jellyfin server directly like PC? Can the server be separate from other NAS device?
    3. When playing movie started from Jellyfin interface and server but the NAS is a separate device. Is the stream going directly from external NAS to Zidoo or is the Jellyfin server reading it from external NAS and feeding to Zidoo? I have movies on multiple NAS devices.
    4. Can Jellyfin server be installed on something simple like Raspberry Pi? Does it need horsepower to stream or it is just at media info database?

Thanks in advance.

14. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Active Member

do you know about Plex? if yes, it's the same, I use unRAID server with Plex and Jellyfin docker, but you can use Windows if you want, you don't need horsepowers if you intend to direct play your stuff, I have my harddrives connected to the server.

check this thread of you want you use it with Zidoo.

http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?threads/jellyfin-tv-client-zidoo-edition-beta11-released.93903/

or if you fancy Plex.

http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?thr...yer-for-plex-using-native-zidoo-player.94714/

15. robl45

robl45 Member

Anyone?

16. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Active Member

Yes if your TV supports it.

17. robl45

robl45 Member

Its a projector, but yes it does.Thanks, this sounds excellent.

18. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

1. I use a PC that also runs a couple of other servers (Squeezebox, Linn Kazoo).
    2. I use 7 different NAS drives as sources for my Jellyfin server, 3 of which are shared with the Zidoo boxes for HT.
    3. I use a direct path so the stream goes from NAS to Zidoo.
    4. Yes it can - never tried, but it can run on an RPi - probably wouldn't want to transcode though... For the Zidoo, it should be fine.

3DBuff likes this.
  19. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Also - I just realised this isn't the main Jellyfin client thread :)

You want to be here:

http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?threads/jellyfin-tv-client-zidoo-edition-beta11-released.93903/

3DBuff likes this.
  20. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

Looks very interesting and tempting. It has client apps for Windows, Android phones, iOS and even Kodi plug in. One media database for all devices with progress and watched movies.

I found the new Jellyfin thread after I posted here ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.