Issue between Z9X and HDMI ARC

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Guzo, Jan 24, 2021.

1. Guzo

Guzo New Member

Just received the little adaptor, plugged it in and all CEC issues vanished instantly!
    This should come in the box

2. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Why does that not surprise me?

The good news is the adapter can be moved along with new generation Android boxes. Maybe that Android 20 or so fixes it?

I challenge any APP developer to make a good HDMI-CEC APP for Android at a reasonable fee.
    Should have a page-full of options with how to react on CEC-signals on the bus for TV and AMP connected. Had such an APP on my enigma2 based VU UNO STB working great (now obsolete).
    Sales guaranteed.

3. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

:)

4. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

I've plugged mine in back of Zidoo

Mabon likes this.
  5. Nice Monkey

It really does not matter which end.

Mabon likes this.
  6. Nice Monkey

All options are valid. Use the most convenient place to put the adapter of choice.

Mabon likes this.
  7. remiart

remiart New Member

I have a similar problem caused by zidoo z9s connected to Onkyo AVR. On Main output I have connected SmartTV Sony, on Sub output connected projector. Everythnig worked fine, but if I only turn on CEC in AVR menu (tv is off), then projector starts showing black screen on few seconds and movie are stopping and z9s "shake hands" one more time with avr. This happening in various moments (in zidoo menu as well), every few seconds on and on, but ARC on tv works perfect. I hope that Lindy adapter will help in my case as well. Today I will buy it.

BTW. Some of You mentioned, that CEC in Zidoo should be off, but I don't see such option in the quick settings. Where's it?

8. remiart

remiart New Member

Whether this adapter passes through UHD Dolby Vision signal?

Last edited: Jul 12, 2021
  9. Guzo

Guzo New Member

Yes it does only no video quality difference

remiart likes this.
  10. Markus2121

Markus2121 New Member

I have this problem too on the zidoo z9x, the zidoo takes over my sonos and then my other streaming devices (or the TV itself) cannot get access to the sonos. What works is unplugging the Zidoo from power, and restarting the tv.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2022
  11. Guzo

Guzo New Member

Stay tuned for next software update as they seem to have found a fix

Markus2121 and xskip like this.
  12. Markus2121

Markus2121 New Member

I am on v6.3.92(公测版), thanks for the note, maybe i will update to 6.3.96 to test

13. Guzo

Guzo New Member

Markus2121 likes this.
  14. Nice Monkey

Please report using FW v6.3.96 with Z9X and FW v6.6.96 with Neo X and Neo S.
    Other models not yet released.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2022
  15. Guzo

Guzo New Member

Hi Nice Monkey, happy to report the following :
    FW v6.3.96 with Z9X

- Issue that made it impossible to get sound from my Denon AV Receiver on LG Smart apps while Zidoo was plugged in : Solved
    - Issue that made it impossible to control volume from Harmony Remote on Apple TV plugged in Denon AV Receiver while Zidoo was also plugged in : Solved
    - Issue of a Black Screen when switching from Apple TV Device to Zidoo device on same Denon AV Receiver using Harmony Remote : Appears solved (this one was a bit random so might need more testing)