Is it possible to play specific audio formats by default?

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Darrinb, Nov 5, 2022.

1. Darrinb

Darrinb Member

Strange (maybe not) question. I've backed up many of my 4K UHD's with MakeMKV and although I don't have an Atmos setup, I still keep the tracks. The problem is, when I play some of my movies, it selects the first track, which in many cases is the True-HD Atmos track.

Is there any way to auto-select either DTS or DD or...completely ignore any Atmos tracks?

2. AngryVirginian

AngryVirginian Active Member

Audio settings have option to play the DTS core track or DD "core" track (if present).

Darrinb likes this.
  3. Darrinb

Darrinb Member

Awesome. I believe I selected that way back when I first set up the unit...but I'll have to confirm. Thank you.

4. Deano86

Deano86 Active Member

While telling the Zidoo to just play the core DTS or DD will work, you are no longer getting the lossless audio. Even though, the Zidoo is playing the Atmos track, your receiver should still be able to decode and play the lossless TrueHD track. Just because you don't currently have an ATMOS setup, doesn't mean that you can't play Dolby True HD and DTS-HD, correct? Or do you have an extremely old receiver or a restricted soundbar setup for audio? The only other option would be to change the order of the audio tracks when ripping them with MakeMKV or after the fact with MKVToolnix so that the lesser soundtrack is first in the audio track list... the Zidoo seems to always pick the 1st audio track when playing a file for the first time.

Darrinb likes this.
  5. Darrinb

Darrinb Member

I'm running a Meridian 861 all digital theater. So while I'm not able to experience Atmos, the sound I get from DTS and DD are jaw droppingly good and probably better than most Atmos receivers anyway. I have been using MKVToolnix to do exactly that (re-order the priority of tracks), but I was just hoping for a more practical way rather than remuxing many of my movies.

Typically, most releases include a compatibility track, vanilla DD usually, so I've been either selecting that or an accompanying DTS track if included.

6. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

That's rather ironic if a Meridian processor can't decode Meridian Lossless Packing...